Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrectly charged 50 euro contract exit fee

Options
  • 25-07-2018 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up for anyone switching from EE
    Double check your final bill to ensure you are not incorrectly charged 50 euro for braking contract if your 12 months area actually up

My final bill was way higher than expected so I looked through it and seen this charge at the bottom
    I then checked on here and seen it has happened to a poster called Muffler as well

It seems this 50 euro is just being stuck on to all final bills whether contracted period is up or not ............

I had to call the 1890 number on a mobile and it took 10 minutes but it was reversed without question.
    Most of the phone call was me on hold so I’d suggest requesting a call back

It’s poor from EE and clearly not a “once off “ as was suggested when Muffler brought it up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi km79,

We are so sorry about this. It is likely that a later contract expiry date was applied to your account in error.

If you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and telephone number (for security/verification) we will review it for you as soon as possible.

We just need to advise that the Customer Service telephone team are unable to free an outbound line for a call-back, however we can assist here on Social Media (Facebook and Twitter also) and the Live Chat team are available until 5pm Monday to Friday.

Apologies again.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hi km79,

We are so sorry about this. It is likely that a later contract expiry date was applied to your account in error.

If you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and telephone number (for security/verification) we will review it for you as soon as possible.

We just need to advise that the Customer Service telephone team are unable to free an outbound line for a call-back, however we can assist here on Social Media (Facebook and Twitter also) and the Live Chat team are available until 5pm Monday to Friday.

Apologies again.

Best regards,
    Una

As outlined above I’ve already called myself

The bill also incorrectly stated the payment was overdue
    The bill was issued in th early hours this morning . I queried why it stayed it was overdue and I was told it was due to be collected by direct debit on Monday 23rd ( ie before the bill was even issued )

Our normal DD is the 28th of each month too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi km79,

Sorry for the confusion and the "Overdue" note - the date that the direct debit instruction is sent to the bank shows on our system in advance of the collection date. This is usually approximately five working days in advance of the collection date.

If you have any further questions, we are available until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement