Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank screen when powering up computer and can't get into bios.

Options
  • 25-07-2018 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

I'm having a bit of trouble with a self build from a few years ago. I've never had trouble with it up until now but when I try to turn it on everything powers up but the screen is blank. Cant access the bios. I've tried resetting the CMOS, reseating everything and changed the PSU but nothing worked. I'm thinking the motherboard might be gone. Is there anything else I could try to get it working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Inviere

Can you use the mainboard video out if you're using a gpu, to eliminate a dead gpu? Is it POST'ing at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

No nothing from either. No beeps on startup. Seems something just died.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

There are a few other possibilities. There could be an issue with your cable or display. It could be a RAM or power supply issue. All you can do really is eliminate the possibilities and if it's not those it's probably the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Try 1 stick of RAM and see if that helps eliminate the issue, rotate through all slots and try all the RAM sticks alone in each slot, to rule out a bad stick or a bad slot.

Advertisement