Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost drivers licence which is also 5 addresses behind, how to restore?

• 25-07-2018 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I had the old red paper license since 2012, it was 5 addresses behind (never bothered changing) but now I cant find it and I need it on 15th of August.

What's the fastest way to restore it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Go to the local office and beg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ndls, bring completed form and proof of address.
    Needs To be stamped by AGS as lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Sorry for your loss. New license will have your new address and points :(

Btw old uk licence is valid until you're 75. I hope I never lose it. :)

Details of licence address, copy of lost licence declaration from gardai and into the ndls. You might need a pps card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

CeilingFly wrote: »

Details of licence address, copy of lost licence declaration from gardai and into the ndls. You might need a pps card.

Never had UK license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Son of a bitch

HI OP. I'm sure you'll be fine if you remember the address that was on the license.

You'll have to:

Pick up application form in the NDLS (just go in and grab one)
    Go to Garda station and explain your circumstances. Lost, stolen, can't find etc.
    Get the Garda to stamp the form.
    Go to NDLS and explain the circumstances to them.
    Bring proof of address.
    Don't forget proof of identity. If you don't have a passport, bring as much proof as you can to establish your identity, Free travel pass, work ID, Public Services card.
    Bring a payslip, you need proof of your PPS number.

Good luck. You may get a lot of high horses here giving out to you. Don't listen to them.

• Advertisement

HI OP. I'm sure you'll be fine if you remember the address that was on the license.

You'll have to:

Pick up application form in the NDLS (just go in and grab one)
    Go to Garda station and explain your circumstances. Lost, stolen, can't find etc.
    Get the Garda to stamp the form.
    Go to NDLS and explain the circumstances to them.
    Bring proof of address.
    Don't forget proof of identity. If you don't have a passport, bring as much proof as you can to establish your identity, Free travel pass, work ID, Public Services card.
    Bring a payslip, you need proof of your PPS number.

Good luck. You may get a lot of high horses here giving out to you. Don't listen to them.

How long on average does application processing takes by NDLS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

arleitiss wrote: »
    How long on average does application processing takes by NDLS?

Takes a couple of weeks to issue. Also forms are downloadable from their site. Problem may be getting an appointment, they are heavily booked at all their offices, I checked 18 counties recently and couldn't get an appointment within 2.5 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Son of a bitch

Caranica wrote: »
    Takes a couple of weeks to issue. Also forms are downloadable from their site. Problem may be getting an appointment, they are heavily booked at all their offices, I checked 18 counties recently and couldn't get an appointment within 2.5 weeks

You can just walk in and get a walk in appointment. I did for my bus permit. Be prepared to queue for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

You can just walk in and get a walk in appointment. I did for my bus permit. Be prepared to queue for ages.

Thats right. As long as all your paperwork is correct you'll eventually be seen. Just over an hours wait earlier this year for me in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LittleWhiteDog

I used a walk in appointment in ndls santry a few months ago. The wait time said 1 hour 45 minutes but I was seen within 20 minutes. A lot of people don't turn up for their appointments. It took about 7 days until my license was posted out to me.

• Advertisement

Do you think it's realistic for me to get to NDLS in Citywest at 4 and manage to squeeze in before closing time?
    I assume I can just print the form, fill it out, drop into Garda station, get it stamped and popup to NDLS at 4 and hopefully get it sorted within 3 weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭vandriver

arleitiss wrote: »
    Do you think it's realistic for me to get to NDLS in Citywest at 4 and manage to squeeze in before closing time?
    I assume I can just print the form, fill it out, drop into Garda station, get it stamped and popup to NDLS at 4 and hopefully get it sorted within 3 weeks?
    I'd say you'd be told to come back in the morning.

Yes, definitely, as long as you have suitable ID. Do you have a public services card? That pretty much covers all your ID requirements

Yes, definitely, as long as you have suitable ID. Do you have a public services card? That pretty much covers all your ID requirements

Yeah have Irish passport and PSC as well.

You should be grand then as long as the PSC has your current address on it I think it covers almost all the ID requirements. Check out the website to be sure though. It's summer so the office is more likely to be quieter than normal. Worth a try anyway. They open Saturdays too & you could get there for 9am. Very little difference will be made getting there this afternoon at 4 or Saturday at 9 I would imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

CeilingFly wrote: »

I think you mean 70 and realistically you’d need to swap before then as a lot of expats have found - there’s no renewal or exchange entitlement once expired for non U.K. residents.

Quick question, see if someone knows:

I am moving into new apartment on Thursday (2nd of Aug), the only proof of address I have is signed lease.

The lease has 2 other names (Me and two of my friends), would that be a problem or will that suffice as proof of address? (My PSC doesn't have address on it)

Advertisement