Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is a brand new kitchen

Options
  • 25-07-2018 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

How long is a piece of string? I am talking about a regular kitchen for a 3 bed house. Just an approx price. All very standard. Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

No such thing as a regular kitchen unfortunately.

3 bed house could be anywhere between 10 and 20 cabinets and might include an island, could have a standard laminate worktop or high end granite. Doors/panels/attachments could be foil wrapped at one end of the spectrum, painted timber at the other end.

Typically, €5k - €10k assuming no island and excluding appliances. Very easy to double or triple that if you or the significant other have expensive tastes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Agree with Graham.

We got our kitchen, most appliances, with an island for 6k. That was an Ikea kitchen and fitted ourselves. That would go up to over 10k in other suppliers, and 15k with others again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Karlrove wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string? I am talking about a regular kitchen for a 3 bed house. Just an approx price. All very standard. Any help appreciated!

My kitchen for my 3 bed house cost me just over €10k including appliances.
    Solid gloss white handless, island, stone tops etc

No way of knowing for yours unless you get a Few people out to price up.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

If you want functional and cheap you can't beat ikea, you have so much choice and flexibility for half the price.

It will never look as polished or finished as a fitted kitchen but for 2000 you could nearly have a new one every couple of years for the price you could pay

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Same as Kceire, working out around €10K in Cork City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

budhabob wrote: »
    Agree with Graham.

We got our kitchen, most appliances, with an island for 6k. That was an Ikea kitchen and fitted ourselves. That would go up to over 10k in other suppliers, and 15k with others again.

Hi Bud... how did you find fitting the kitchen yourself ? I'm looking around for new kitchen and toying with the idea of fitting it myself

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Meself wrote: »
    Hi Bud... how did you find fitting the kitchen yourself ? I'm looking around for new kitchen and toying with the idea of fitting it myself

Thanks

Not too bad, but you need to be a little bit innovative in understanding the guidance. Took about 3 days all in to have it majority done - but ours was nearly all drawers so wouldn't expect all kitchens to take that long.

Advertisement