Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

scott1974 wrote: »
    It kinda makes you wonder when are Leinster going to rest guys?

Taken from LF forum. Interesting to see the minutes played so far this season. Hasn't been as much as I'd have thought:

Player Minutes
    James Lowe 480
    Jack Conan 465
    Jordan Larmour 465
    Devin Toner 457
    Robbie Henshaw 452
    Rhys Ruddock 410
    Garry Ringrose 400
    Luke McGrath 380
    Johnny Sexton 352
    Josh van der Flier 331

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Purist98

Never really seemed to impress at SCT level

You must have never watched him at SCT then, also he's taller than 5"9

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Purist98 wrote: »

I have and he never stood out, what games in particular do you think he stood out?

He's smaller than 6' though

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Purist98

I have and he never stood out, what games in particular do you think he stood out?

He was one of Michael's best players when he was a 4th year, and was outstanding in all three games this year

• Advertisement

He was one of Michael's best players when he was a 4th year, and was outstanding in all three games this year

I think he’s fairly over hyped and was never even the best backrow in the competition, Max Kearney was much better than him in my humble opinion without offending anyone who thinks differently of my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Penny went to the wrong school.

Clegg wrote: »
    Penny went to the wrong school.

Should of went to Blackrock or Belvo, atleast he would of actually won senior cups there

I think he’s fairly over hyped and was never even the best backrow in the competition, Max Kearney was much better than him in my humble opinion without offending anyone who thinks differently of my opinion

Are you talking about SCT or the Celtic Cup?

He's been head and shoulders the standout at the Celtic Cup and has an unbelievable skill set. Being in a dominant pack has helped but he's far from a passenger.

This one is not opinion. Stone cold fact

Are you talking about SCT or the Celtic Cup?

He's been head and shoulders the standout at the Celtic Cup and has an unbelievable skill set. Being in a dominant pack has helped but he's far from a passenger.

This one is not opinion. Stone cold fact

SCT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

He must have stood out to someone in Leinster at SCT level. Since he went straight into the academy?

stephen_n wrote: »
    He must have stood out to someone in Leinster at SCT level. Since he went straight into the academy?

He had a very good game against Worcester if you look up Leinster u19s v Worcester u19s him and hawkshaw were immense
    https://youtu.be/9sTfmPo2Rs0

SCT

Not too sure how he can be overhyped though.

Unless people said he was going to playing internationally by Christmas I'd say he's pretty much lived up to most hype that SCT players are given

Not too sure how he can be overhyped though.

Unless people said he was going to playing internationally by Christmas I'd say he's pretty much lived up to most hype that SCT players are given

People were saying he should play for leinster during the international window

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

People were saying he should play for leinster during the international window

Saying an academy prospect should get a cap or two during the international window isn't over-hyping anyone at all, and is something that's regularly done....

Saying an academy prospect should get a cap or two during the international window isn't over-hyping anyone at all, and is something that's regularly done....

Not for an academy year one who has just came out of school

Not for an academy year one who has just came out of school

Straight out of school is irrelevant, if he wasn't ready he would have done a year at sub academy. Plus he is already 19. He only has a year at U20s

Frawley was year one and we capped him. So was Mullin, so was Doris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Strength in depth is going to be huge next year. We should be taking as many opportunities to get our young lads some time, surrounded by first teamers, whenever practical this year.

He had a very good game against Worcester if you look up Leinster u19s v Worcester u19s him and hawkshaw were immense
    https://youtu.be/9sTfmPo2Rs0

I doubt, or at least would hope that he didn’t get the contract based on one game.

stephen_n wrote: »
    I doubt, or at least would hope that he didn’t get the contract based on one game.

That’s why I’m confused on how he got the contract straight from school, thought he needed atleast a year to develop in sub academy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Taken from LF forum. Interesting to see the minutes played so far this season. Hasn't been as much as I'd have thought:

Player Minutes
    James Lowe 480
    Jack Conan 465
    Jordan Larmour 465
    Devin Toner 457
    Robbie Henshaw 452
    Rhys Ruddock 410
    Garry Ringrose 400
    Luke McGrath 380
    Johnny Sexton 352
    Josh van der Flier 331
    On Lf the guy who previews has Leavy down twice, if only.

That’s why I’m confused on how he got the contract straight from school, thought he needed atleast a year to develop in sub academy

Again I’d say the Leinster development officers obviously so a lot more of him at schools level.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mister paul

antietam1 wrote: »
    On Lf the guy who previews has Leavy down twice, if only.

You can never have to many Dan Leavy's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’m confused is this guy you are talking about whose name I forgot as soon as I started typing the new messiah or just some pretender? I need to know as I’m going for pints tonight and want to tell my mates I discovered the next great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The senior cup is at most 4 games. Leinster are clearly seeing far more of these young guys than what we see at cup time. They aren’t picked solely on the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Conditions look terrible in Treviso, we've been a bit sloppy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Adam Byrne is class in the air. It's an awful shame he can't tackle because he'd be lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Last few kicks from Leinster have been poor.

Caught myself starting to doze off there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Conditions look terrible in Treviso, we've been a bit sloppy.

First try was cruelly clinical

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement