Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

awec wrote: »
    Hope Lowe has checked his visa requirements.

Fool me once...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Hope Lowe has checked his visa requirements.

Hope all the players have their passports and haven’t lost them

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hope the squad have reviewed the airlines electronic device policies.

Fool me once...

Be grand. Fill up on fags and toblerones like last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Watched the highlights of the game again (no interest in watching that full 80 again).

All I will say... I can add commentator to "things I don't like about Eddie O'Sullivan" list.

He was dull and uninsightful. I know he has a certain way of speaking. But the least he could do is try and pretend he was interested to be there.

Any time he had to mention something Leinster related (and with 70% possession, it was a lot) he seemed at loath to say anything positive and it seemed very passive and dismissive

I don't think this is just Leinster related either, there seems to be a lot of bitterness there towards Irish Rugby, and it comes across in his analysis*

*analysis being a very generous word to describe what he adds

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Watched the highlights of the game again (no interest in watching that full 80 again).

All I will say... I can add commentator to "things I don't like about Eddie O'Sullivan" list.

He was dull and uninsightful. I know he has a certain way of speaking. But the least he could do is try and pretend he was interested to be there.

Any time he had to mention something Leinster related (and with 70% possession, it was a lot) he seemed at loath to say anything positive and it seemed very passive and dismissive

I don't think this is just Leinster related either, there seems to be a lot of bitterness there towards Irish Rugby, and it comes across in his analysis*

anytime i hear him commentate it just reinforces to me that hes stuck in the past, and his views on the game are probably 15 years behind where we are now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

molloyjh wrote: »

What's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    What's that about?

stream_img.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

I've noticed this a lot when he's in Off the Ball. Always seems to find some sort of negative in Leinster's performance and hone in on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

errlloyd wrote: »
    Oh right. Mad. Munster left ages ago. I guess maybe they're playing at alititude so want some more time.

Probably want an extra day to visit their folks while they're down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Also, the idea that Reid/HB at 10 and Frawley/Kelly are good options is a massive stretch. How many of those have played at this level in those positions? Reid is a break glass in case of emergency option at 10 and Frawley is massively inexperienced generally, let alone at FB. Harry Byrne and Jack Kelly have never played at this level before.

The simple fact of the matter is we are threadbare and this will be a tough test for what will be a 3rd strength team predominantly.

But that's why we build such a large pool of players at Leinster. Surely you know the international players will be missing for large portions of the season? I personally think it's great that internationals are off and it will give us a chance to blood new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I would agree about O’Sullivans voice, but I thought he was quite complimentary about Leinster and certainly about the players through out the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

DGRulz wrote: »
    I've noticed this a lot when he's in Off the Ball. Always seems to find some sort of negative in Leinster's performance and hone in on it.

Don't listen to Eddie. Last season he was sure Larmour would have to leave Leinster because James Lowe was blocking his progression. A few months later Larmour was starting in the Champions Cup and Pro 14 finals respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Leinster squad heading to South Africa:

Backs (12)

Adam Byrne (40 Leinster Rugby caps)
    Tom Daly (10)
    Ciarán Frawley (3)*
    Jamison Gibson-Park (57)
    Dave Kearney (125)
    Hugo Keenan (2)*
    Conor O’Brien (4)*
    Jimmy O’Brien (0)*
    Rory O’Loughlin (47)
    Hugh O’Sullivan (2)*
    Noel Reid (104)
    Joe Tomane (8)

Forwards (15)

Vakh Abdaladze (2)
    Michael Bent (109)
    Bryan Byrne (29)
    Ed Byrne (27)
    Max Deegan (26)
    Peter Dooley (51)
    Caelan Doris (3)
    Scott Fardy (28)
    Mick Kearney (39)
    Rónan Kelleher (0)*
    Dan Leavy (57)
    Ross Molony (68)
    Josh Murphy (11)
    Scott Penny (0)*
    James Tracy (74)

troyzer wrote: »
    Leinster squad heading to South Africa:

Backs (12)

Adam Byrne (40 Leinster Rugby caps)
    Tom Daly (10)
    Ciarán Frawley (3)*
    Jamison Gibson-Park (57)
    Dave Kearney (125)
    Hugo Keenan (2)*
    Conor O’Brien (4)*
    Jimmy O’Brien (0)*
    Rory O’Loughlin (47)
    Hugh O’Sullivan (2)*
    Noel Reid (104)
    Joe Tomane (8)

Forwards (15)

Vakh Abdaladze (2)
    Michael Bent (109)
    Bryan Byrne (29)
    Ed Byrne (27)
    Max Deegan (26)
    Peter Dooley (51)
    Caelan Doris (3)
    Scott Fardy (28)
    Mick Kearney (39)
    Rónan Kelleher (0)*
    Dan Leavy (57)
    Ross Molony (68)
    Josh Murphy (11)
    Scott Penny (0)*
    James Tracy (74)

Very interesting..

• Administrators Posts: 53,801 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So Lowe's haircut really did cause him to miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

So Leavy travels and Lowe doesn't. Enough there to cobble together a pretty decent team and hopefully will see a couple of debuts although I suspect those on zero caps could just be going for the experience as there are others in their positions on the plane. Notable that Nick McCarthy is left out. Hopefully we'll see something like:

Byrne, Tracy, Bent, Fardy, Molony, Murphy, Leavy, Doris, JGP, Reid, Tomane, Daly, ROL, Byrne, Kearney.

Buer wrote: »
    So Leavy travels and Lowe doesn't. Enough there to cobble together a pretty decent team and hopefully will see a couple of debuts although I suspect those on zero caps could just be going for the experience as there are others in their positions on the plane. Notable that Nick McCarthy is left out. Hopefully we'll see something like:

Byrne, Tracy, Bent, Fardy, Molony, Murphy, Leavy, Doris, JGP, Reid, Tomane, Daly, ROL, Byrne, Kearney.

They’re heading off at the airport now

• Administrators Posts: 53,801 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Big Reid at 10, what a sight to behold.

If the Kings don't beat that team they're a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

So Lowe's haircut really did cause him to miss out.

Hahaha, I guess there was other stuff in his instagram story that made me think he was probably about to have a few (very well deserved) weeks off. I'm not into forensically tracking celebs on instagram, but Lowe is deadly craic to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Hopefully O'Brien and Daly being named means the madness of Tomane at 12 is being abandoned. He's a good winger, and that's where he should be considered. It's just a shame gametime was wasted on him at centre earlier in the season, but I suppose that can't be helped at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Ayewserious

Jack kelly seems to be down the pecking order.. and that’s with gavin Mullen and tommy o’brien and Barry Daly Injured. I wonder if he’ll get a senior contract next year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Yeah, agree on Kelly. Would love to see Kelleher make his debut and Keenan get into the 23. Great to see Penny getting exposure.
    No sign of Aungier? I wonder how he's progressing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Having Leavy and Kearney back makes the squad a lot stronger. If Reid has a good game at 10 then we should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Have we given up on Frawley at 10 altogether then? He was the backup 10 last season to Byrne when Carbery wasn't available and didn't do too poorly.

Having Leavy and Kearney back makes the squad a lot stronger. If Reid has a good game at 10 then we should be ok.

So it goes from no hope with 24 unavailable to "should be ok" if it's only 22 missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

So it goes from no hope with 24 unavailable to "should be ok" if it's only 22 missing?

Yeah but the two guys coming in are experienced and proven internationals, so we can play two fewer useless nobodies. Game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Yeah but the two guys coming in are experienced and proven internationals, so we can play two fewer useless nobodies. Game changer.

That has really boosted my confidence in the team :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

It's also worth noting that nobody ever said we didn't have a hope. Not that I expect that to matter a damn.

• Advertisement

It's also worth noting that nobody ever said we didn't have a hope. Not that I expect that to matter a damn.

I was referring to post #3,148

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement