Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

stephen_n wrote: »
    4 the first one was at the penalty try

I don't think there was. That was on 24 mins and there was a further one on 29 and then 39.

All the live score sites quote 3 yellow cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

They said the sub tight head got carded after the penalty try, did that not happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

I think he went off as he was a blood sub.

They said the sub tight head got carded after the penalty try, did that not happen?

Yes that was the second yellow card five mins after the penalty try.

Yeah was wondering at the time because it didn’t show up on the scoreboard but they seemed convinced it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

This could finish with more than a century of points in match...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

They must have blindfolded the stadium announcer and told him there were thousands there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Before the game I would have been delighted to win 33-12 considering the side we sent over. To be that far ahead at half time considering how poorly we have played is just crazy.

I have no idea what to expect in the second half. We could just as likely run up a cricket score as we do to concede a few silly tries and end up with a tight finish.

Yes that was the second yellow card five mins after the penalty try.

Yellows were the 4 for lazy running, the starting tighhead for scrum penalty and 7 for tackle without the ball. The sub tight head wasn’t the scrum penalty I don’t think?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

kmart6 wrote: »
    Yeah they seem to have some mystery one they keep counting, I have it as 4, 17 & 7.
    Was actually 4, 1 & 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Couldn't have. Scrums would have been uncontested then and 1 never would have went.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ye were saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Jesus!

Continuing as we left off so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Clegg wrote: »
    I'm not sure I trust this Leinster side to not concede a few soft trys. Need to score another try while the Kings are down to 14.
    Yeah

Jesus it’s like a contest to see who doesn’t want to win the game :mad:

Yellows were the 4 for lazy running, the starting tighhead for scrum penalty and 7 for tackle without the ball. The sub tight head wasn’t the scrum penalty I don’t think?

4 was carded after the penalty try on 24.
    1 was carded for repeated scrum offences on 29 (but he just returned to the pitch after a blood sub so probably appeared to be a sub prop).
    7 was carded for the off the ball tackle on 39.

This is according to Ultimate Rugby but commentators still saying there is four who have gone into the bin, studio said three so I'm miffed!

Really hoping nothing serious for O'Loughlin or Tomane given the nature of this strange game.

How many minutes does the game have to be played to before it can just get called off and the result still stands?

• Advertisement

How many minutes does the game have to be played to before it can just get called off and the result still stands?

Too many on a day like this.

4 was carded after the penalty try on 24.
    1 was carded for repeated scrum offences on 29 (but he just returned to the pitch after a blood sub so probably appeared to be a sub prop).
    7 was carded for the off the ball tackle on 39.

This is according to Ultimate Rugby but commentators still saying there is four who have gone into the bin, studio said three so I'm miffed!

Yeah I think the commentators must have got it wrong, that it was just a reversal of the blood sub. Given the amount of mistakes in the game, maybe it’s apt for the commentators to make them too.

Unusual to see Fardy bested at the breakdown.

whisper it - A Kings' try would be very good 'for the game'

Yeah I think the commentators must have got it wrong, that it was just a reversal of the blood sub. Given the amount of mistakes in the game, maybe it’s apt for the commentators to make them too.

Haha yeah agreed.

They mentioned there when Oosthuizen came on for the third time that he has a yellow card under his belt but you're spot on, he went off four minutes after the penalty try as a reversal of the blood sub and they clearly assume he was binned.

Lovely confident lineout from Byrne immediately.

Commentators are even getting the substitutions wrong.

jaysis, Frawley got emptied there. Great defensive effort from Kings.

That'll be a fifth yellow card now as per the commentators :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The power of the P.A. is inversely proportional to the atmosphere of the crowd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement