Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Leinster season ticket holders will be emailed today about the Bath away allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

wise7 wrote: »
    La La Land!

Explain to me why?

You have made an assertion that Carberry missed 5 tackles against Italy and I simply highlighted that those tackles were missed out in the wider channels where Byrne would have no chance of being or even making any tackles because of his lack of pace and unwillingness to get across for his teammates. Carberry does that.

Just because you have been negated in an argument don't respond with an inellgiable response that means nothing and attacks the poster in question. Please come up with counterarguments to prove your point.

Heymans wrote: »
    Explain to me why?

You have made an assertion that Carberry missed 5 tackles against Italy and I simply highlighted that those tackles were missed out in the wider channels where Byrne would have no chance of being or even making any tackles because of his lack of pace and unwillingness to get across for his teammates. Carberry does that.

Just because you have been negated in an argument don't respond with an inellgiable response that means nothing and attacks the poster in question. Please come up with counterarguments to prove your point.

Sorry mate, but you are asking people to jump through serious mental hurdles to align with your point of view on the difference between Carbery and Byrne defensively when the stats say a different thing.

If you want to copy and paste the clips of where position-ally Carbery missed those tackles I'd be happy to to consider whether it's a factor. If he repeatedly found himself having to make covering tackles wide of his 12 and 13 then it would suggest a breakdown in our defensive shape or that AKi and Ringrose really weren't doing their job. It would also suggest that Italy were fixing their defenders and moving the ball with a width and accuracy that I don't quite remember from the game.

Without said evidence it could be construed that you are talking through your hoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

You have made an assertion that Carberry missed 5 tackles against Italy and I simply highlighted that those tackles were missed out in the wider channels .

They weren't. He missed them in midfield in heavy traffic when he was struggling physically in the first half. He is a very good cover tackler but the vast majority of tackles by any outhalf are going to come in the narrower channels unless you've to deliberately move them out of that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

My favourite bit of that post is the assertion that Byrne isn't bothered helping out his teammates defensively. Gas stuff altogether. You'd swear it was a deliberate attempt to get a rise out of people or something. If you were cynical, which clearly I'm not.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the game isn't online from what I can see. I would happily trawl through the match footage and show up where Carberry missed those tackles but from memory it wasn't in primary defensive situations. It's hard to make an argument with someone who insists I'm in La La Land and they don't counter any of the arguments I've made. Granted they weren't made backed up with match footage but I'd be surprised if it was the case that those tackles were missed in first phase play.

As you know with statistics they highlight certain viewpoints but don't highlight the full picture of where and why those tackles were missed. It is my estimation that Carberry gets around the pitch more than Byrne and from memory makes more tackles in wide channels than Byrne does. Byrne doesn't have the speed or desire to get around and make those extra hits. It's something I've noticed in his play - he sits back in the pocket and expects an armchair ride both in attack and defence. I've never seen him bust a gut to get across and make a cover tackle but have seen it plenty of times by Carberry.

As to the personal insults or whether I'm talking through my hoop we'll have to wait and see from future match coverage whether what I'm saying makes sense.

Can anyone point me to where I might get access to the game online?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Does Joey still play for Leinster? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Purist98

Surely the only personal insult here is you suggesting Byrne doesn't have the desire to help his teammates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

.ak wrote: »
    Does Joey still play for Leinster? :confused:

Yes. He's bringing Munster down from the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Can we not just all agree that it's Joe Tomane's fault?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

It's hard to make an argument with someone who insists I'm in La La Land and they don't counter any of the arguments I've made.

Mate, you've disregarded every opinion I've ever had because you're convinced I went to a private school.

troyzer wrote: »
    Mate, you've disregarded every opinion I've ever had because you're convinced I went to a private school.

Fine tell me the name of the school you went to in West Dublin. I’m interested to know because we can get nearer the truth. PM me the response if you don’t wish to divulge it here

david-after-dentist-real-life.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Fine tell me the name of the school you went to in West Dublin. I’m interested to know because we can get nearer the truth. PM me the response if you don’t wish to divulge it here

What bloody difference does it make what school anyone goes to? I have never heard such an idiotic arguement before in my life....

Purist98 wrote: »
    Surely the only personal insult here is you suggesting Byrne doesn't have the desire to help his teammates?

He’s a slow player. It might be that he doesn’t have the speed or fitness to get across the pitch. But I reserve the right to call into question a players desire to get across to cover if indeed he isn’t known for doing it.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What bloody difference does it make what school anyone goes to? I have never heard such an idiotic arguement before in my life....

It can play into different peoples biasses and preference for players they know or are associated with

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

For the love of god, please stop quoting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Why bother? You'll call me a liar anyway.

The truth is I went to a mixed, community school in west Dublin. There was no rugby in the school until I was in sixth year, which is why I never played schools rugby and I have no dog in any debate over schools players.

I did however go to Trinity, so full disclosure there. If I seem to be supporting a Trinity player, then you can call bull****.

Although we all have biases.

Why don’t you just pm me the name of it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Can we close this until after the AIs?

• Advertisement

Why don’t you just pm me the name of it

Sweet Jesus, what are you? 12? Any chance we can have a grown up and rational conversation? If not, any chance you can take this to PM yourself and spare the rest of us this inane drivel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

salmocab wrote: »
    Can we close this until after the AIs?

Closing down debate?
    Sounds like a Kings Hospital tactic

Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No wonder the schools thread got reduced to posting fixtures and results.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

No wonder the schools thread got reduced to posting fixtures and results.

RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Why bother? You'll call me a liar anyway.

The truth is I went to a mixed, community school in west Dublin. There was no rugby in the school until I was in sixth year, which is why I never played schools rugby and I have no dog in any debate over schools players.

I did however go to Trinity, so full disclosure there. If I seem to be supporting a Trinity player, then you can call bull****.

Although we all have biases.

I feel sorry for you

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

I feel sorry for you

For going to Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

dub_skav wrote: »
    Closing down debate?
    Sounds like a Kings Hospital tactic

Banned

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

stephen_n wrote: »
    For the love of god, please stop quoting!

I'd forgotten my ignore list was an option, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

For going to Trinity?

No, going to a community school

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement