Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Someone needs a dictionary for Christmas. I can only assume you don’t know what complacent means

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

How is he not complacent? He’s came back from injury and hasn’t proved anything yet, you’re the troll if anything haha

I really am curious, what do you think the word complacent means?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Commanchie wrote: »
    He is back from injury. He has proven hisnworrh of course he deserves a jersey.

Probably the best backrow player for Ireland in the history of the pro game. But that guy thinks he doesn't deserve to play......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Clegg wrote: »
    Complacent?

The best trolls always have a kernel if truth to them. This does not.

Best to let the villagers continue their search. Every village needs one but no need to quote the bewildered.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Probably the best backrow player for Ireland in the history of the pro game. But that guy thinks he doesn't deserve to play......

Clearly blinded over the past 7 8 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Think he might be heading for retirement soon sadly

https://twitter.com/patmccarry/status/1061358780619935745?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

I really am curious, what do you think the word complacent means?

It means he’s self regarding and showing uncritical satisfaction with his achievements and he’s living off his reputation in the past and not improving and dan leavy DESERVES to start ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Burkie1203 wrote: »

That’s the saddest thing I’ve heard in a long time, really thought they were doing a great job of blending him back in slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

World class Irish flankers and slowly withering away to injury. Name a better love story. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

World class Irish flankers and slowly withering away to injury. Name a better love story. :(

We still have loads coming through the system don’t worry, it’s like a conveyor belt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

It's a very different injury to others he's had. Timing sucks, actually it sucks in general, but think this is a case of ****ty luck rather than anything else.

Broken bones can be pretty straightforward to recover from. Hopefully it's not a messy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Uriel. wrote: »
    It's a very different injury to others he's had. Timing sucks, actually it sucks in general, but think this is a case of ****ty luck rather than anything else.

When you read Chris Henry's statement last week it makes you wonder if SOB might copy edit and paste though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Well, guess there's no issue with disappointing someone in the back row now and leaving them out of the 23. Lets hope the others stay fit, especially Conan.

I can see Scott Fardy getting some game time at blindside again this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

There's no way O'Brien is going to retire this side of the world cup.

There's no way O'Brien is going to retire this side of the world cup.

If it was a re occurrence of an old injury I could see him biding his time and ultimately calling it a day when something is agreed.

That it's an unlucky break whilst a big set back and very frustrating, it's something he could well be back from within this season depending on the degree of trauma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Buer wrote: »
    Well, guess there's no issue with disappointing someone in the back row now and leaving them out of the 23. Lets hope the others stay fit, especially Conan.

I can see Scott Fardy getting some game time at blindside again this season.

Possibly, but I think it would be better to crack on with the development of Murphy and Dowling rather than investing gametime in an aged NIQ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

SOB just can't stay healthy. It's bizarre in a way. He really would be down the pecking order for that reason alone, if I was the selector.
    I think he will do well to make the rwc squad, primarily because of his history with injury.
    I also think he was fortunate to be picked as VDF was the form 7 in the country imo.
    Relying on a means past should also account for his history with injury?
    He's played so little rugby these past 3 yrs and his inclusion in the rwc squad would cause several cardiac events amongst us boards types.

Dubinusa wrote: »
    SOB just can't stay healthy. It's bizarre in a way. He really would be down the pecking order for that reason alone, if I was the selector.
    I think he will do well to make the rwc squad, primarily because of his history with injury.
    I also think he was fortunate to be picked as VDF was the form 7 in the country imo.
    He's played so little rugby these past 3 yrs and his inclusion in the rwc squad would cause several cardiac events amongst us boards types.

To me if Fit SOB deserves a world cup spot. He has been unlucky with injury but if you look back he has been consistent over the years.

His try against scotland in 15 stands out for me as i remember watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Yea, a great try off a line out. But, that was a long time ago, several injuries on and limited match time.
    He's only played 120 times for Leinster, approximately and has about 50 caps with Ireland. Injury has derailed him and I would not risk a spot in the squad for a lad who's consistently injured. Just my opinion.

• Advertisement

Yea, a great try off a line out. But, that was a long time ago, several injuries on and limited match time.
    He's only played 120 times for Leinster, approximately and has about 50 caps with Ireland. Injury has derailed him and I would not risk a spot in the squad for a lad who's consistently injured. Just my opinion.

I personally think If Fit hes in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

The really frustrating thing is he looked like he was getting match fit and was clearly in good shape. He was coming into that game also, plenty vocal, organising, making good collisions in defense. He was starting to enjoy himself for the first time in a long time, then bam, broken arm, sport is cruel sometimes. It felt like another 40 minutes he might loosen up and get his eye for the game back.

Anyway, next time hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

How long is an arm break? 6-10 weeks? Plenty of time for him to be back before the end of the season.

How long is an arm break? 6-10 weeks? Plenty of time for him to be back before the end of the season.

If it's clean then yeah I think so. You've cases like D'Arcy though that took nearly a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hope for the best so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

If it's clean then yeah I think so. You've cases like D'Arcy though that took nearly a year.
    Or Billy Vunipola who had three in a year. Maybe a balance between the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

The Lions tour was only 18 months ago and he was the standout player of the tour for me.

troyzer wrote: »
    The Lions tour was only 18 months ago and he was the standout player of the tour for me.

18 months is an eternity in pro sport to be fair.

18 months is an eternity in pro sport to be fair.

Not when you have literally been one of the best players weve had over the last number of years when fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Commanchie wrote: »
    Not when you have literally been one of the best players weve had over the last number of years when fit.

It is when you’ve been injured for most of it. Look what Leavy has achieved over the last 12 months. If both were fit going into next week, I would have preferred to see Leavy start but SOB probably would have got in on reputation and not form.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement