Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yeah I clicked the link on the season ticket email and that worked fine. But trying to access on the regular site didn't work. Hmm...

Probably detected the bang of Munster off your IP address and shut you out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I assume we're still getting a European jersey this year?

Tempted to wait for that as while I like the new home kit, I'm not blown away by it. Assume it'll come in the next month or so prior to the first European game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I assume we're still getting a European jersey this year?

Tempted to wait for that as while I like the new home kit, I'm not blown away by it. Assume it'll come in the next month or so prior to the first European game.
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

stephen_n wrote: »
    Bought the home jersey today. That black training jersey is a joke, it’s the exact same material as the blue training jersey, just costs €20 more.

Ah, I was trying on the tee shirt and not an actual jersey. I was wondering why it was so much lighter. The training jersey is the same price as the other jerseys, it's just been released in a players version only. I can't see myself buying any of it so. There's simply no way I can justify spending €75 on a jersey that I think is only okay. And €55 for a tee shirt is a bit much too.

I've pretty much always had some of the current gear over the last 10+ years. This could be the first year where I get nothing at all, unless they knock the European jersey out of the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Will there be tickets available for the match tomorrow at the stadium? Couldn't pick up any on Ticketmaster yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭CowGoesMoo100

Will there be tickets available for the match tomorrow at the stadium? Couldn't pick up any on Ticketmaster yesterday
    Yes. Pay at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

molloyjh wrote: »
    Ah, I was trying on the tee shirt and not an actual jersey. I was wondering why it was so much lighter. The training jersey is the same price as the other jerseys, it's just been released in a players version only. I can't see myself buying any of it so. There's simply no way I can justify spending €75 on a jersey that I think is only okay. And €55 for a tee shirt is a bit much too.

I've pretty much always had some of the current gear over the last 10+ years. This could be the first year where I get nothing at all, unless they knock the European jersey out of the park.

Jersey was a birthday present, although I did buy the training tops in blue, guess I’m a sucker for adidas :o

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Fardy captains Leinster side tomorrow. Frawley confirmed at number 10.

http://www.the42.ie/leinster-team-newcastle-pre-season-4184297-Aug2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

According to a leak online

F Wasps H
    Su Toulouse A
    Sa Bath A
    Sa Bath H
    Sa Toulouse H
    Wasps A

F Wasps H
    Su Toulouse A
    Sa Bath A
    Sa Bath H
    Sa Toulouse H
    Wasps A

I'd view Bath as the weakest team so getting them in the double header probably not the worst.

Toulouse away in the second round is probably the toughest of the games. Honestly think we'll win all our games, I don't fear any of those teams provided the team produces the same form as last season. If we've kicked on a bit it will get ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I'm more concerned with the pro14. The back ups were not great last year. They need to man up. Especially the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Surprised it's not Wasps for the double header if that's the line up. Bath are the weakest team in our pool. Generally the double header is with the biggest draw, I'd have thought Bath was the least attractive fixture. There are two far more attractive options in our pool. I'm surprised the television stations haven't sought Leinster vs Toulouse/Wasps as the back to back fixture if it does turn out to be Bath.

Buer wrote: »
    Surprised it's not Wasps for the double header if that's the line up. Bath are the weakest team in our pool. Generally the double header is with the biggest draw, I'd have thought Bath was the least attractive fixture. There are two far more attractive options in our pool. I'm surprised the television stations haven't sought Leinster vs Toulouse/Wasps as the back to back fixture if it does turn out to be Bath.

I'll be a bit arrogant here and say that Wasps v Toulouse will be the decider between who has a chance at group runner up. I just don't see any of these teams in the same league. Toulouse may not show up at all in the competition.

That said a Bath v Wasps Derby and the two 4 star teams would have been more spectator friendly and had a bit of historical resonance.

Nothing says Christmas like a day trip to Coventry. We can count our lucky stars is Bath.

Dubinusa wrote: »
    I'm more concerned with the pro14. The back ups were not great last year. They need to man up. Especially the pack.

They were fine for most of the season but took their eye off the ball once the 6N came along. We had top spot all but guaranteed. When we lost to Treviso, the Scarlets had just been thumped by 40 points in Edinburgh. That basically ended their chances of taking top spot from us.

But I'm glad in a way that we ended the season so badly. It gives the coaches plenty of scope to work with this summer. We lost 3 of our last 4 league games and we lost them badly also with some really amateurish errors. The players won't have anywhere to hide during the current video sessions and review of performances last season by some.

I think those games underlined just how critical Nacewa was along with lads like Strauss in a supporting role. They drove standards on the field and demanded more from those around them. Hopefully guys like Tomane and Fardy (who wasn't involved in the Connacht or Treviso games) will move into those roles and set the bar for some of the younger players when the internationals are absent.

Nothing says Christmas like a day trip to Coventry. We can count our lucky stars is Bath.

From a travelling supporter's perspective, 100%. But for the vast majority wanting to see a game of rugby in the Aviva and the television stations, I don't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

From a travelling supporter's perspective, 100%. But for the vast majority wanting to see a game of rugby in the Aviva and the television stations, I don't understand it.

It’s a similar situation to the game against Northampton two where we played the weakest team in the group in the double header. I’d imagine that Bath might put up a bit more of a fight than Northampton did though.

Kevski wrote: »
    It’s a similar situation to the game against Northampton two where we played the weakest team in the group in the double header. I’d imagine that Bath might put up a bit more of a fight than Northampton did though.

Coming into that year Northampton had a significantly higher profile, though and wouldn't have been seen as the weakest team before the season started at all. They would sell tickets. They weren't great the previous season in the AP (5th) but the two seasons before that had won the title and then topped the league table. They had also reached the European knock outs the season before our double header.

Bath haven't done anything for years. The last time they finished top 4 in the AP was 2014/15. They should be the weakest team in our pool comfortably.

Kevski wrote: »

Iirc at the time that draw was made, that was supposedly going to be a tough fixture. Northampton’s form fell off a cliff that season. That said you would have to view Bath as being the weakest team in the group. BT must have had to make a compromise somewhere for those weekends and it fell with Bath I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

F Wasps H
    Su Toulouse A
    Sa Bath A
    Sa Bath H
    Sa Toulouse H
    Wasps A

I was fully expecting Wasps for the double header. Toulouse in October could be nice.....wouldn't fancy trucking down there in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Can I ask how the sizing on the Adidas jersey compares to Canterbury? I've always been comfortable with an XL Canterbury, but they are usually a little bigger than other brands. I'd rather not have a jersey looking like the players style kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Subscribers Posts: 41,447 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

markc1184 wrote: »
    Can I ask how the sizing on the Adidas jersey compares to Canterbury? I've always been comfortable with an XL Canterbury, but they are usually a little bigger than other brands. I'd rather not have a jersey looking like the players style kit.

i have a large version of the new away jersey, and it is nicely loose... and i certainly havent lost any weight lately :P

prawnsambo wrote: »

That's not good at this stage. No bump from winning a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Not good? Three of the stands are sold out: Grandstand, Anglesea Stand and Anglesea Terrace. There is still some availability in the North and South stands. The amount sold is more than last year with still a couple of weeks remaining. Can't really understand your point tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What was the final figure last year?

• Site Banned Posts: 11 OnTick

Peregrine wrote: »
    What was the final figure last year?

12,229 i think

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

OnTick wrote: »
    12,229 i think

We're flying so. Still two weeks left.

markc1184 wrote: »

I would have gone for small in Canterbury and got small in the training tops. When I tried on the small home jersey yesterday I couldn’t breath, I’d say go a size up.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement