Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

clsmooth wrote: »
    It is when you’ve been injured for most of it. Look what Leavy has achieved over the last 12 months. If both were fit going into next week, I would have preferred to see Leavy start but SOB probably would have got in on reputation and not form.

Dan has been playing well. But you dont dismiss someone like SOB so easily. Its hardly he has found injuries. I remember a few years ago Brent pope said SOB would have a long career because his style of rugby.

Sob puts everything on the line when playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

clsmooth wrote: »
    It is when you’ve been injured for most of it. Look what Leavy has achieved over the last 12 months. If both were fit going into next week, I would have preferred to see Leavy start but SOB probably would have got in on reputation and not form.

You think Joe picks based on reputation??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭clsmooth

You think Joe picks based on reputation??

Every coach will have some bias in selection. I think if SOB was fit next week, he would have picked him, and there would be an element of picking him on reputation after how well Leavy has been going over the past year and on Saturday. With some players you make an exception and SOB probably would have got that on past credit in the bank. In a huge Joe (and SOB) fan so I’m loathe to criticize them but think SOB right now doesn’t warrant a starting jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

anyone try to get Bath away tickets this morning?
    I keep getting told that no tickets are available for each of the stands..

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Uriel. wrote: »

Same, nothing left when i try and buy 2 tickets, but i can get 1 ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

I managed to get some but the ticket process was a bit of a nightmare. The terrace (where Leinster supporter's club recommended we buy) tickets were gone when I logged on at 10:05 and the other options vanished very quickly
    Ended up getting 2 for the Gembo stand

A mate who logged on at 10:40 using his season ticket account said there were no tickets left for him to choose

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I logged on at 10:00 and got 2 for the terrace. A mate was supposed to get another two so I hope he got in on time.

Ah no, I knew there was something I needed to do today. Are they all gone then? Which site you get them from? Ticketmaster or Bath Rugby’s page?

It says 9:15 tomorrow on Bath website?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bluedex

I called them about 10.30 and they told me the allocation was already sold out!

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Yeah all OLSC allocation tickets sold out :( hopefully get some tmw in the general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ended up getting our tickets in Dyson J, no option for the terrace that was recommended by Leinster and this was at 10:00am on the dot :o

Henshaw out for the Autumn series - not sure what we do if he's not back by December. Tomane 12 Ringrose 13 or bring ROL in at 13 and move Ringrose to 12.

Not ideal, he was playing great stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭sellit90000

ROL 12 Ringrose 13.

Ireland once again breaking out players, if we make it out with only losing SOB and Henshaw we will be doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Henshaw out for the Autumn series - not sure what we do if he's not back by December. Tomane 12 Ringrose 13 or bring ROL in at 13 and move Ringrose to 12.

Not ideal, he was playing great stuff.

Balls. ROL went well at 12 in the Pro14 final. Might be worth a shout there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,679 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Henshaw is a huge loss, the gap between him and any of the replacements is probably the biggest we have across the pitch (bar 13).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

ROL 12 Ringrose 13.

Ireland once again breaking out players, if we make it out with only losing SOB and Henshaw we will be doing well.

I presume you mean our players.

I am also inclined to remind you that they are both centrally contracted. Ireland have more of a claim for them than Leinster do.

Huge pity to lose Henshaw. Really didn't think he was looking at any more than a week.

• Administrators Posts: 53,813 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Nagle has signed for Ulster until the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

I presume you mean our players.

I am also inclined to remind you that they are both centrally contracted. Ireland have more of a claim for them than Leinster do.

Huge pity to lose Henshaw. Really didn't think he was looking at any more than a week.

Is there any indication of how long Henshaw is out for, apart from saying he'll miss the rest of the series?
    We play Bath on 8th December, less than a month... I wonder will he make that??

awec wrote: »

Might be a shrewd move for him if it becomes permanent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Henshaw's a bit one-dimensional anyway. Good opportunity for O'Loughlin at 12

awec wrote: »

Just what Ulster need, another soft forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Henshaw's a bit one-dimensional anyway. Good opportunity for O'Loughlin at 12

It won't be O'Loughlin it will be Tomane and rightly so. He's a good player particularly at 12 derided by a few anti-foreigners on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Heymans wrote: »
    It won't be O'Loughlin it will be Tomane and rightly so. He's a good player particularly at 12 derided by a few anti-foreigners on here.

I think he's a decent 12, still isn't ready for the wing though.

IRFU suggesting that Lancaster in line to join the national setup should Schmidt leave. Real blow to Leinster if so.

Is the Bath site working for anyone looking for tickets? It takes you to a ticket page but no links for the Leinster match????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭sellit90000

IRFU suggesting that Lancaster in line to join the national setup should Schmidt leave. Real blow to Leinster if so.

Not surprising though, IRFU utterly reliant on Leinster rugby.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

stephen_n wrote: »
    Is the Bath site working for anyone looking for tickets? It takes you to a ticket page but no links for the Leinster match????

You need to create an account to buy - plenty of our lot buying successfully.

Got two from their page

• Advertisement

Depends if Stu would want it.

He's really ingraining himself in the behind the scenes stuff here doing coach dev day and this new leadership podcast etc. He might see his future there.

The spending time back in Leeds will be much harder too. I am pretty sure Easterby communtes and I know Feek is in Japan half the time now. But top job has different demands.

Admittedly he will have good chunks of the season where he can spend entirely at home.

I don't want to speak for the man. His ambition might well be to take a top job and I think he'd thrive. But to me he paints the picture of a fella who is happy to not be the top dog at this point in time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement