Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

Depends if Stu would want it.

He's really ingraining himself in the behind the scenes stuff here doing coach dev day and this new leadership podcast etc. He might see his future there.

The spending time back in Leeds will be much harder too. I am pretty sure Easterby communtes and I know Feek is in Japan half the time now. But top job has different demands.

Admittedly he will have good chunks of the season where he can spend entirely at home.

I don't want to speak for the man. His ambition might well be to take a top job and I think he'd thrive. But to me he paints the picture of a fella who is happy to not be the top dog at this point in time

He'll massively reduce his travel taking a role with Ireland and it doesn't look like the top job he's in line for, he'll have a similar role as with Leinster with Andy Farrell in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

He'll massively reduce his travel taking a role with Ireland and it doesn't look like the top job he's in line for, he'll have a similar role as with Leinster with Andy Farrell in charge.

Without the top job he could probably manage his time at home in bigger segments alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Without the top job he could probably manage his time at home in bigger segments alright.
    He actually spoke in an interview that he may move over here with the wife after both kids have gone to university. Which I think is the case now. It wasn't anything definite, just that it could be an option for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭sellit90000

Hopefully Leinster are already investigating a potential replacement senior coach.

Big hole to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Just to clear this up, would it be a Lancaster/Farrell ticket or a Farrell/Lancaster ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Hopefully Leinster are already investigating a potential replacement senior coach.

Big hole to fill.
    It's possible that Dr. Phil could step up to the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

prawnsambo wrote: »
    He actually spoke in an interview that he may move over here with the wife after both kids have gone to university. Which I think is the case now. It wasn't anything definite, just that it could be an option for them.

Also fair.

Despite this all being put in the public domain by Stuart, I'm not too comfortable delving too far into someones personal life any further ha.

All I hope is that we can continue to use him as a resource.

I think he is a shrewd enough operator that he'd thrive in any role he takes in Irish Rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

clsmooth wrote: »
    Got two from their page

Just on it and saying none available.
    none available yesterday through season tickets.

only went on general sale today!?!

Seems incredible its sold out already

prawnsambo wrote: »
    It's possible that Dr. Phil could step up to the role.

not experienced enough for me or proven at a high level.

Sexton will probably text Eddie Jones when he's sacked after the World Cup telling him there's a spot at Leinster if he's keen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Sexton will probably text Eddie Jones when he's sacked after the World Cup telling him there's a spot at Leinster if he's keen!

Waterboy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭clsmooth

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Just on it and saying none available.
    none available yesterday through season tickets.

only went on general sale today!?!

Seems incredible its sold out already

I was on at 9:15 on the dot (when they went on sale). Was held in a queue for about 15mins. Then when it came to looking for seats struggled to get 2 alongside each other. Seems a popular game alright

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

You need to create an account to buy - plenty of our lot buying successfully.

Had to find the tickets first lol eventually saw the little tab for all other games. The buy now function on the main page took you to another page which didn’t actually have the Leinster game on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

No way will that happen, Eddie will be sacked a lot sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

troyzer wrote: »
    I think he's a decent 12, still isn't ready for the wing though.

Don't know if you're on the wind up but he played in a Lions Test series on the wing. All his starts in Super Rugby for the Brumbies came on the left wing. And all his international starts, bar one at 14, came on the left wing. He's a left wing.

He's got nothing like the same credentials as a 12, and looks shaky in the position. O'Loughlin looks a much better bet. He was excellent playing 60 minutes plus at inside centre in the Pro14 Final last season

salmocab wrote: »
    No way will that happen, Eddie will be sacked a lot sooner.

I reckon having beaten South Africa and gotten close to the All Blacks that he'll be fine. Even a poor six nations at this stage would be too late.

A bad loss to Australia might change that but I'm not sure Australia have it in them to shame England to that degree currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I reckon having beaten South Africa and gotten close to the All Blacks that he'll be fine. Even a poor six nations at this stage would be too late.

A bad loss to Australia might change that but I'm not sure Australia have it in them to shame England to that degree currently.

He's as safe as houses. He had a bad 6N; that's it really. They beat Australia comfortably this time last year. They had a bit of a stinker in the 6N and spluttered in the summer which still saw them win a test match in SA. Jones has made changes, given the boot to some guys who were mainstays of his team and regrouped.

With the win against SA and NZ result, his job is fully secure for the time being. The only way he'll be sacked in the next 1-2 years is if they fail to get out of their RWC pool and, given their draw, I can see them making the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Or alternatively check to see if his parents were upset to hear he'd been fired

Leinster 2nd row options

Senior
    James Ryan(22/St. Michaels/UCD)
    Scott Fardy(34)
    Devin Toner(32/Castleknock/Lansdowne)
    Ross Molony(24/St. Michaels/UCD)
    Mick Kearney(27/Clontarf)

Academy-Sub-Academy
    Oisin Dowling(21/St. Michaels/Lansdowne)
    Jack Dunne(19/St. Michaels/DUFC)
    Ryan Baird(19/St. Michaels/DUFC)
    Charlie Ryan(19/Blackrock/UCD)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Leinster 2nd row options

Senior
    James Ryan(22/St. Michaels/UCD)
    Scott Fardy(34)
    Devin Toner(32/Castleknock/Lansdowne)
    Ross Molony(24/St. Michaels/UCD)
    Mick Kearney(27/Clontarf)

Academy-Sub-Academy
    Oisin Dowling(21/St. Michaels/Lansdowne)
    Jack Dunne(19/St. Michaels/DUFC)
    Ryan Baird(19/St. Michaels/DUFC)
    Charlie Ryan(19/Blackrock/UCD)

We can also pretty much recall Nagle whenever we want. I seem to remember we recalled Cooney after he went to Connacht and he played against the same opposition team two weekends in a row for two different clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

I assume the toilet cleaning contract is already taken......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Buer wrote: »
    He's as safe as houses. He had a bad 6N; that's it really. They beat Australia comfortably this time last year. They had a bit of a stinker in the 6N and spluttered in the summer which still saw them win a test match in SA. Jones has made changes, given the boot to some guys who were mainstays of his team and regrouped.

With the win against SA and NZ result, his job is fully secure for the time being. The only way he'll be sacked in the next 1-2 years is if they fail to get out of their RWC pool and, given their draw, I can see them making the semi final.
    One of their biggest issues was back rows and they seem to have upgraded there so tgey look a lot more solid.

Ah I was being a bit tongue in cheek, they’ve left it too late but I think they’ll regret it in 12 months time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'd say go back in for Tony Brown. One of the most innovative coaches out there. But he's only just taken on the head coach role at the Sunwolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Tomane out for 4 months

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Tomane out for 4 months

Ah pisser that’s the period we need him for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Tomane out for 4 months

Where are you seeing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

scott1974 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that?

Check out her Instagram page. Post at about 6pm today

https://twitter.com/GifsRugbyNStuff/status/1062429937188126720?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Tomane out for 4 months

Hmmm my bit of scouting in the general rugby thread the other day may come in handy sooner than I thought - any chance of a medical joker? Dr Phil could certainly put in a good word
    Harebrained idea of the day:

With all this late talk of Argie, a thought came to me - one of the provinces should try and sign the Argintinean winger Manuel Montero.
    He was early on earmarked for big things with the Pumas but a couple of injuries in what is a position of strength for them and disagreements with management under Hourcade have seen him fall out of favour.

Obviously there's no scope to look at him as a project player but he had a great strike rate (16 tries in 27 caps for Los Pumas), and isn't even signed with the Jaguares at the moment instead playing with a local rugby club - based on that I'd say he could potentially be picked up relatively cheaply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Hmmm my bit of scouting in the general rugby thread the other day may come in handy sooner than I thought - any chance of a medical joker? Dr Phil could certainly put in a good word

We won't be allowed sign anyone, we'll have to rely on what we have.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement