Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Luke McGrath has defeated the All Blacks.

James Ryan is 22 years old. This year

Has won a grand slam, a European cup, the pro14, before helping Ireland to a series win in Oz and played 80 as Ireland beat NZ at home for the first time and was top tackler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Has won a grand slam, a European cup, the pro14, before helping Ireland to a series win in Oz and played 80 as Ireland beat NZ at home for the first time and was top tackler.

And still never won a senior cup, no matter how many professionals they produce Michael’s are still bottlers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

MotM in the Champions Cup final too.

• Advertisement

:pac:

Absolutely Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Clegg wrote: »

MotM in the Champions Cup final too.

He'll probably take the Pro14 player's player of the year at least. Maybe even European player of the year.

He's just so reliably excellent. He never disappears. It's disturbing how brilliant he is in every game for 80 minutes.

And he's only 22 with a lot to learn.

VdF is every bit as good as Leavy. It's getting to the point where neither can be left out of the starting 15. But how do you accommodate them? Ruddock is brilliant at the dirty work of a blindside and Conan a horse of a carrier at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Ayewserious

And still never won a senior cup, no matter how many professionals they produce Michael’s are still bottlers
    Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Enjoy the school boy cup, the rest of the world will be thinking about the men's world cup.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Enjoy the school boy cup, the rest of the world will be thinking about the men's world cup.

I’ll enjoy both thank you very much haha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

every fast food outlet in the RDS is

4aa725edb5f1df40042b145c0b04a0a93ab62371d308c49ee7072f34dc1693ac.jpg
    we're going to need more chips

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Thankfully they won’t be in the terrace. North and South stands will be noisey alright. Can expect a few respect the kicker announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I see a number of players have been released back to Leinster. I would hope several of them are available to play on Friday. Jack McGrath only has 55 minutes of rugby since Chicago, Larmour started against Italy and Argentina but only had a brief spell off the bench against NZ and wasn't involved hugely and Sean Cronin was a sub for all 3 games.

I don't think there's a huge argument against any of those being involved. James Ryan, Dan Leavy (neck issue) and Rob Kearney also released and can put their feet up this weekend.

Looking very bare in the back row right now though. I'd imagine there are a number of players not released to Leinster who aren't set to feature against the USA but will remain under the remit of the Irish camp and medical staff as they recover from the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »
    I see a number of players have been released back to Leinster. I would hope several of them are available to play on Friday. Jack McGrath only has 55 minutes of rugby since Chicago, Larmour started against Italy and Argentina but only had a brief spell off the bench against NZ and wasn't involved hugely and Sean Cronin was a sub for all 3 games.

I don't think there's a huge argument against any of those being involved. James Ryan, Dan Leavy (neck issue) and Rob Kearney also released and can put their feet up this weekend.

Looking very bare in the back row right now though. I'd imagine there are a number of players not released to Leinster who aren't set to feature against the USA but will remain under the remit of the Irish camp and medical staff as they recover from the weekend.

If we assume none of the starters will be involved in any rugby this weekend, which is probably close to be completely accurate, then that rules a good few out of both the Ospreys and USA games. I'm not sure how many we'll actually get released to play. Cronin is a possibility, but he may well be involved on Saturday. Ireland only have 3 LHs in camp too IIRC so that means McGrath is most likely going to be involved on Saturday as well. Larmour will almost certainly start on Saturday too. Ireland don't have a huge number of back 3 guys in the squad, especially if you take out Earls, Stockdale and Kearney. I honestly think we'll be lucky to get anyone back.

EDIT: Didn't see the update on the squad. Scratch that....

Henshaw out for 6 weeks is huge blow, especially with Tomane gone for 4/5 months

Henshaw out for 6 weeks is huge blow, especially with Tomane gone for 4/5 months

Reid to 12 for the Bath games then? Makes sense to start Frawley at 10 on Friday so and move Reid to 12 now.

Err, has Isa been keeping up his fitness?

molloyjh wrote: »
    Reid to 12 for the Bath games then? Makes sense to start Frawley at 10 on Friday so and move Reid to 12 now.

Unless O’Brien has done enough to impress so far. Reid you would imagine on experience but there are other options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

ROL for me. He played an hour at inside centre v Scarlets last year, and 40 minutes v Munster right?

errlloyd wrote: »
    ROL for me. He played an hour at inside centre v Scarlets last year, and 40 minutes v Munster right?

Good point, completely forgot about him, always think of him as 13 or wing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭sellit90000

also injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Is he due back before the back to backs?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Reid is the obvious choice. ROL is an option and a further update on his knee was to follow this week. I wouldn't be against him slotting in although Reid may give us some more movement in attack from there.

Bath are no mugs and are pretty handy in attack so we'll need to be on our toes when they move the ball. If they had JJ and Watson fit to slot in with their other talent, they'd have a seriously good back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Buer wrote: »

Still need to be careful with minutes coming into a busy European schedule.

Would be happy to see a few on the bench though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

DGRulz wrote: »
    Is he due back before the back to backs?

That I don't know. Leinster said it wasn't too serious a good while ago. Injured at the start of November should be fit for mid December if it's not serious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

It does say 4 to 6 weeks for Henshaw in the update...so fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

That I don't know. Leinster said it wasn't too serious a good while ago. Injured at the start of November should be fit for mid December if it's not serious

Probably had it amputated so.

• Advertisement

scott1974 wrote: »
    It does say 4 to 6 weeks for Henshaw in the update...so fingers crossed.

4 weeks would be the return fixture here in Dublin, so he could be back by then I suppose. And ROL if fit would be a good option after how he performed in the P14 final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement