Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

molloyjh wrote: »
    Ah it's not really, it's a level of pedantry that adds nothing to the discussion. We all knew what you meant.

I blame the Welsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I can't wait to see the future Munster stars on Friday.

The Springboks are playing on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Why no talk about the big game tonight?

Surely one of the best lineups academy wise in sometime and some real talking points?

Are people of the opinion it is too many academy players and that we will get beaten off the park?

Surely a loss is worth blooding young players and seeing if they sink or swim. Think of the players we have benefitted from blooding young/early - Larmour etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Heymans wrote: »
    Why no talk about the big game tonight?

Surely one of the best lineups academy wise in sometime and some real talking points?

Are people of the opinion it is too many academy players and that we will get beaten off the park?

Surely a loss is worth blooding young players and seeing if they sink or swim. Think of the players we have benefitted from blooding young/early - Larmour etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new lads. It's just hard to get too excited about because it has a distinctly Leinster A vibe about it. And yes, you're right. I'm a bit worried we'll get burned badly.

I'm sure I'll change my mind when I get to the RDS.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

very excited to see how the young lads go... though i feel the back line is so new and disjointed that it couldn't be expected to gel straight away... especially as the ospreys back line if pretty strong and established.

the bookies giving Leinster 12 points on ospreys is complete madness in my opinion, i think we're in real danger of losing this if its a loose game.

our tight five is strong and we expect a lot of them tonight to bring set piece stability and hard carrying. Our young back row will have to be working like dogs to get quick ball out, cos if its slow we'll be going backwards all evening.

looking forward as well to a cold wet night in the RDS :P

edit: actually see bookies have gone from -12 to -9... still about 5 or 6 points too generous to leinster IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

OSI wrote: »
    Fantastic announcement :rolleyes:. Basically amounts to "We never had a clue how we were going to finance this, so now we're winging it in the hope the government pick up the tab."

Wasn't the plan always to look for Government funding through that fund?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Fantastic announcement :rolleyes:. Basically amounts to "We never had a clue how we were going to finance this, so now we're winging it in the hope the government pick up the tab."

not at all....

it reads to me as "we prepared a 'shovel ready' project a few years ago and now we have a possibility of achieving that project quicker than we anticipated cos theres government grant funding available to be applied for"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,679 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

They had always relied on government funding to partially fund the project. It's just a case that the applications are only opened now for it so this announcement is to say "hey we're ready to go just waiting on sign off of the grant".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Early indications are we are going to be absolutely sliced apart in the back line. So much space and time when the Ospreys move it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Anyone feeling very old tonight watching this game :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Any tv channels showing the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

degsie wrote: »
    Any tv channels showing the game?

Eir Sport 1

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That's great. Frawley has started really well. Our work rate to clear our rucks is excellent. Guys like Dooley and Bent putting in massive efforts.

Terrible defence on replay. Massive gap in Ospreys line.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Scott Fardy running a line that Ringrose would've been proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Awful defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Slowest. Line break. Ever

Fardy just got into the Ospreys defensive line and was pointing to their players where to go. Just for the craic like.

Slowest. Line break. Ever

Mike Ross had the precious record from his last season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Fardy looking as good as last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The kids are playing well

Fardy having a great game

Lowe seems to be quiet

Ospreys have lost 3 of their own lineouts I think.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The kids are playing well

Fardy having a great game

Lowe seems to be quiet

Lowe just warming up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Frawley is deadly so far. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

It's hard to find a redeeming feature in McCarthys game.

McCarthy poor

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Frawley best player on the pitch so far
    Great seeing James hook on the pitch for us oldies !

Annabella1 wrote: »
    Frawley best player on the pitch so far
    Great seeing James hook on the pitch for us oldies !

Kearney having a good game .. Only one out of his depth is McCarthy.

• Advertisement

Scott Penny special

Back of the maul try.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement