Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

It's great to see Leocaster have faith with the young lads. I think that's one of the strengths of Leinster.
    These boys will be chomping at the bit. Having JGP and RB will have a settling influence.
    I cant wait to see the centre partnership. And Penny will be thrilled to get the start.
    I would assume he's a lock for the u20's and this is invaluable experience.
    Porter has certainly racked up the caps. Twice as many as JR.
    Pity that one of the academy locks didn't feature.
    Hopefully we can get a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Ed Byrne is surely 3rd choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,680 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

errlloyd wrote: »
    If Leinster were fully fit where would this starting 15 rank in terms of average position in a depth chart that only allows one position per player.

Keenan (3rd - Larmour, Kearney)
    DK (3rd - Tomane, Daly)
    T'OB (3rd - ROL, Ringrose)
    C'OB (3rd - Reid, Henshaw)
    A Byrne (3rd - Lowe, McFadden)
    R Bynre (2nd - Sexton)
    JGP (2nd - McGrath)

E Byrne (4th - Healy, McGrath, Dooley)
    Tracy (2nd - Cronin)
    Bent (3rd - Porter Furlong)
    Molony (2nd - Ryan)
    Fardy (2nd - Toner)
    Murphy (3rd - SOB, Ruddock)
    Penny (3rd - Leavy, VDF)
    Doris (2nd - Conan)

So on average, I reckon they're 2.666 down. Have we ever started a "deeper" team.

Couple of those you could argue that they'd be lower down the pecking order if we had a full fit squad, because there's other players who could cover those positions and would likely be picked ahead of them (the wings, centres, 2nd row and the back row).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Dubinusa wrote: »
    It's great to see Leocaster have faith with the young lads. I think that's one of the strengths of Leinster.
    These boys will be chomping at the bit. Having JGP and RB will have a settling influence.
    I cant wait to see the centre partnership. And Penny will be thrilled to get the start.
    I would assume he's a lock for the u20's and this is invaluable experience.
    Porter has certainly racked up the caps. Twice as many as JR.
    Pity that one of the academy locks didn't feature.
    Hopefully we can get a result.

Yes would have liked to have seen dowling or dunne get a run out. Penny can't put a foot wrong he is a try machine and steadily playing his way into a full senior contract this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Have we ever started a "deeper" team.

Last week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Thats some back row bath have !!

Ah but they'll be saying the same about us ha.

I do rate their lads extremely highly. But wouldn't take any of them for our team

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Last week?

Jlowe was first choice, looks like Noel Reid is second. So I'd say marginally less "deep".

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dragons: Jordan Williams; Jared Rosser, Tyler Morgan, Jarryd Sage, Hallam Amos; Jason Tovey, Rhodri Williams; Ryan Bevington, Richard Hibbard (capt), Lloyd Fairbrother, Rynard Landman, Lewis Evans, Harrison Keddie, Aaron Wainwright, Ollie Griffiths.

Replacements: Elliot Dee, Aaron Jarvis, Leon Brown, Cory Hill, Ross Moriarty, Tavis Knoyle, Arwel Robson, Adam Warren.

Big bag of meh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

If Leinster were fully fit where would this starting 15 rank in terms of average position in a depth chart that only allows one position per player.

DK (3rd - Tomane, Daly)
    R Bynre (2nd - Sexton)
    JGP (2nd - McGrath)

Tracy (2nd - Cronin)
    Molony (2nd - Ryan)
    Fardy (2nd - Toner)
    Penny (3rd - Leavy, VDF)
    Doris (2nd - Conan)

So on average, I reckon they're 2.666 down. Have we ever started a "deeper" team.

Is Max Deegan not ahead of Caelan Doris?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

DK (3rd - Tomane, Daly)
    R Bynre (2nd - Sexton)
    JGP (2nd - McGrath)

Tracy (2nd - Cronin)
    Molony (2nd - Ryan)
    Fardy (2nd - Toner)
    Penny (3rd - Leavy, VDF)
    Doris (2nd - Conan)

Is Max Deegan not ahead of Caelan Doris?
    Doris has been selected ahead of Deegan for the last few games now. Looks like Deegan has been jumped in the pecking order. Only fair too. He hasn't impressed as much as Doris this season.

• Advertisement

Back to back games now that Doris has started over Deegan. With the AIs and Conan being injured this should really have been Deegan's chance to put his hat in the mix off the back of last season's performances at 8, but he seems to have taken a step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Deegan is too good to be a 3rd choice 8, at 22 he would need to be getting as much game time as possible. If he could loan out to another club or something might be better for him. A club in England perhaps. Otherwise he's only hoping for an injury to get game time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Deegan is too good to be a 3rd choice 8, at 22 he would need to be getting as much game time as possible. If he could loan out to another club or something might be better for him. A club in England perhaps. Otherwise he's only hoping for an injury to get game time.

Send him down to the Leinster B team in Red, or up to the Leinster B team in white :P

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Send him down to the Leinster B team in Red, or up to the Leinster B team in white :P

Bit harsh implying Connacht are the Leinster C team but fair enough.

;)

Leo threw some shade at him during a post game interview last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's interesting to see the different approaches of the provinces in the build up to next week's European games. Munster have gone for an almost full strength side and Ulster have gone for a mix. But in Leinster's 23 only Fardy would start in our strongest side and even now he appears to have lost his place in that 15.

Leinster are showing a lot of faith in their internationals to get up to speed immediately against Bath. Also showing a lot of faith in their academy and second players to get them through the Dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Anyone know if there's a classic jersey coming? Would love to get one for the father for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Pretty sure there isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Anyone know if there's a classic jersey coming? Would love to get one for the father for xmas

Maybe...
    ZjAyYzM5MTRmYjU3OTY0NGZhMmU5MTM2OTQwMWNmMDOIq2P92NlkBjGLo1e-DWAvaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYzEwMzljZThmYzE3NzBmMzZhMWM3OGU1MmE1ZjI3MjdkYWNmNTExYmEzY2M2ZGI1OTk1NGI1N2U2ZjFiODRlZi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTR4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Leo threw some shade at him during a post game interview last weekend.

What did Leo say?

• Advertisement

Wegians89 wrote: »
    What did Leo say?

He was asked about it directly and he said something like "well there are some guys working hard in training and we have to reward that.".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

degsie wrote: »
    Maybe...
    ZjAyYzM5MTRmYjU3OTY0NGZhMmU5MTM2OTQwMWNmMDOIq2P92NlkBjGLo1e-DWAvaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYzEwMzljZThmYzE3NzBmMzZhMWM3OGU1MmE1ZjI3MjdkYWNmNTExYmEzY2M2ZGI1OTk1NGI1N2U2ZjFiODRlZi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTR4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

He said classic jersey, not a doormat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

He was asked about it directly and he said something like "well there are some guys working hard in training and we have to reward that.".

Leo says that quite a lot. .I don't think that time spent in training can measure up against game time . I wonder if fitness is the carrot used to reward players.

It strikes me that it sounds like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Leo says that quite a lot. .I don't think that time spent in training can measure up against game time . I wonder if fitness is the carrot used to reward players.

It strikes me that it sounds like it

Surely game time would be the carrot? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Surely game time would be the carrot? :confused:

Ultimately of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Beautiful kick by Ross Byrne - well taken by D Kearney.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some peach of a kick from Byrne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Great kick from Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Brilliant try. Ross Byrne is such a smart player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Great start - delighted with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement