Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Buernerd has to go immediately.

No doubt he will go.......just a matter of when. Poor attitude by Dragons players.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

mangobob wrote: »
    Fantastic. Just fantastic. I know the dragons are not the best team but still. So encouraging seeing the talent coming through. I think Frawley is a serious, serious talent.

We're really not missing Carbery

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Frawley has the makings of an excellent 12 imo. Would love to see more of him there.

The conveyor belt continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Faugheen wrote: »
    Crawley has the makings of an excellent 12 imo. Would love to see more of him there.

The conveyor belt continues.

Also glad to see someone so talented who's not from the traditional south Dublin school set emerge.

That Leinster academy really has turned into a blueprint when it comes to getting things done right hasn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Great result for Glasgow too. Winning with a red card and denying the Scarlets a lbp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

P_1 wrote: »
    Also glad to see someone so talented who's not from the traditional south Dublin school set emerge.

That Leinster academy really has turned into a blueprint when it comes to getting things done right hasn't it
    There's been plenty coming through for the past couple of years and a lot more to come. As many/more playing in youths set ups as the traditional schools and best players are training between a school team/their club and provincial set ups as much as any schools player

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Leinster 15 clear of Scarlets and Ulster.

111 points in 2 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

awec wrote: »
    Jackman needs the sack.

The Dragons are a pointless team.

yep say hes gone soon . more interested in media than his job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Irish provinces are 4 from 4 this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Does Doris start at 8 in Europe?

Ahead of Conan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster are the best team in the league by miles. It's nice in a bragging rights kind of way, but probably not good for the overall health of the league.

Don't care tho. We're the focken best.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,681 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

stephen_n wrote: »
    Ahead of Conan?

What's the expected return date for Conan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

stephen_n wrote: »
    Ahead of Conan?

Thought Conan was out for the next few weeks?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Still not sure about shoe-horning Doris in for Europe.

Don't get me wrong, he's clearly a fantastic talent but it would be a much higher level than he's played to date and I fear it might be too soon.

I think with Conan out we'll see Ruddock start at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Faugheen wrote: »
    Still not sure about shoe-horning Doris in for Europe.

Don't get me wrong, he's clearly a fantastic talent but it would be a much higher level than he's played to date and I fear it might be too soon.

I think with Conan out we'll see Ruddock start at 8

No he is not ready for it right now. .Good to see the guys playing so cohesively. We have serious strength in depth.

Very impressed with Ross Byrne

Great to see all four provinces winning,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    No he is not ready for it right now. .Good to see the guys playing so cohesively. We have serious strength in depth.

Very impressed with Ross Byrne

Great to see all four provinces winning,

What part of his game looks unready?

If Conan doesn't make it then get him in there.

What part of his game looks unready?

If Conan doesn't make it then get him in there.

His physicality at that level.. I am not a huge fan of Conan either. I think a frontrunner will emerge with more game time.

Doris is very good but needs more time there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Thought Conan was out for the next few weeks?

Oh right, I thought he was due to be ok for next week. If not though Ruddock will probably play 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

awec wrote: »
    Jackman needs the sack.

The Dragons are a pointless team.

The club was shut down before the start of last season....they only got rescued by the WRFU.

More or less after that they brought a huge influx of players so last season was write off. Similar this season another huge influx of players

He is also given the goal of developing young talent. So any player who Osprey/Scarlets release they have to see if decent and pick up, to try and see if they can make the grade. Also to scour the english leagues for players who might be able to play for Wales and try to bring them in

I hope he is given time, it's not like Osprey are lighting up the league and they have a far bigger budget. They are woeful as well. Jackman has a track record of bringing young player into the team which is what Dragons need

We need to keep Lancaster for as long as we can. Under his stewardship Leinster are the best coached side in the Pro 14 and probably Europe. We've thrown in heaps of academy lads into the senior side this year and they're all performing so well. He's developed a playing structure that makes it so easy for these guys to come in and do their thing. He's improving the young guys so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Buernerd has to go immediately.

Expect to hear from my solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Clegg wrote: »
    We need to keep Lancaster for as long as we can. Under his stewardship Leinster are the best coached side in the Pro 14 and probably Europe. We've thrown in heaps of academy lads into the senior side this year and they're all performing so well. He's developed a playing structure that makes it so easy for these guys to come in and do their thing. He's improving the young guys so much.

Come on now, Lancaster is one man. I am not putting him down and he is doing a great job but you are not really giving credit to a lot of people

You would swear of Lancaster walks out the whole place will fall apart. It has been said many times the players are coming out of the schools system and are ready to step into the team.

That has nothing to do with Lancaster. Larmour for instance was picked out years ago by Joe. Long before Lancaster even came near Ireland....

Yes the UK press only want to talk about Lancaster, I thought people in Ireland could see he is part of a bigger system

Speaking of Buer, where is the gloating weasel? :D
    Recorded the match so avoided this place like the plague today.

Leinster are the best team in the league by miles. It's nice in a bragging rights kind of way, but probably not good for the overall health of the league.
    It's awful for the league. It's resembling the B&I Cup more in some games right now. It won't be good for Leinster in the long term either. We'll need other teams in our pool to push us.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Come on now, Lancaster is one man. I am not putting him down and he is doing a great job but you are not really giving credit to a lot of people

You would swear of Lancaster walks out the whole place will fall apart. It has been said many times the players are coming out of the schools system and are ready to step into the team.

That has nothing to do with Lancaster. Larmour for instance was picked out years ago by Joe. Long before Lancaster even came near Ireland....

Yes the UK press only want to talk about Lancaster, I thought people in Ireland could see he is part of a bigger system
    Leo and the others have done a great job in their own rights. They had no problem bringing through youth which MoC only did as a last resort. But Lancaster has brought the entire squad to a new level.

In Cullen's first season Leinster's main strength was their defence. But under Lancaster not only has our attack improved to no end, but our defence has gotten better too. In the space of a couple of years we've gone from getting knocked out of the European group stages to winning the double. And we now have a structure in place where a rake of young academy players can come into gen senior side and be completely at ease with what they're doing.

Sexton has raved about him since he joined.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Leo and the others have done a great job in their own rights. They had no problem bringing through youth which MoC only did as a last resort. But Lancaster has brought the entire squad to a new level.

In Cullen's first season Leinster's main strength was their defence. But under Lancaster not only has our attack improved to no end, but our defence has gotten better too. In the space of a couple of years we've gone from getting knocked out of the European group stages to winning the double. And we now have a structure in place where a rake of young academy players can come into gen senior side and be completely at ease with what they're doing.

Sexton has raved about him since he joined.

Agreed, but we don't know the improvements to the attack and defense coaching which could have happened under the existing coaches, even without Lancaster.

No doubt he is a massive influence, but I feel he unfairly takes close to 100% of the credit.

Agreed, but we don't know the improvements to the attack and defense coaching which could have happened under the existing coaches, even without Lancaster.

No doubt he is a massive influence, but I feel he unfairly takes close to 100% of the credit.

Well there is a massive diffference between the standard that the second/third Leinster team have played today and last week and the abysmal performances we saw last year when the international players were rested.

That team today played with conviction and cohesion that we only see from our first team, Admittedly the opposition was poor but these guys did not let the senior level game get to them

Some amazing performances out there today .I would find it hard to name one player that gave less than his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

We might hold on to some of these players till after the world cup, given how many were going to lose. But beyond that, I can see a few being redistributed to other provinces. The likes of the Byrne twins are too good. Bryan Byrne with his 5th try in 6 games. Excellent stuff.

Also, chieka should recall Fardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Folks can someone remind me of the lifestyle online STH discount code for this season.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

I'd like to convert Penny to a hooker

She might not like it.......The money may not be great :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement