Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭redmca2

Sh*t I meant Frawley

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

VDF and leavy should be untouchable. They are the best 2 open sides in Ireland at the moment imo.
    SOB is older and his career is winding down.
    Nucifora can go and play openside for Munster if he wants and then he can fcuk off.
    Conners will probably leave as he's way down the pecking order.
    It boils my arse to think of the fortunes of the other provinces may be forced by administrative transfers.
    I hope Lancaster stays.. He has been vital to Leinster and the young lads.
    Bath will throw everything they have at him and it may be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Bath currently playing in the rain at home. Pitch isn't great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

Far more consistent than Sexton at his age, anyway. Was a major problem with Sexton when he was younger until he started working with elite coaches. I’m sure Byrne will get the same opportunity now.

It raises the question of whether an elite player is born or made. Personally I think it comes from the player himself but coaching can improve his play/kicking. We’ll see if Byrne can get to that level but I have concerns about the mental side of his kicking game presently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Bath currently playing in the rain at home. Pitch isn't great.

its currently a high scoring 0-0 after 42 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

its currently a high scoring 0-0 after 42 mins.

They are gone 7-0 down now. They have so many players needlessly hitting rucks after they've lost the ball. They are after leaving big gaps around the fringes a number of times now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Nearly 60 minutes gone and a close to full strength Bath have yet to score against the bottom side in the Premiership. And Bath are at home.

Leinster should.be looking for the bonus.

Clegg wrote: »
    Nearly 60 minutes gone and a close to full strength Bath have yet to score against the bottom side in the Premiership. And Bath are at home.

Bath made 65 tackles and missed 28 after 66 min. 1 in 3 tackles attempts missed is criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Clegg wrote: »

Been watching the second half, the weather is terrible but Bath are even worse. The Leinster pack should eat them alive on this showing.

Nice try there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

jacothelad wrote: »
    You've misspelt Ulster.......

You already have Timoney and Murphy, do you want the entire backrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

stephen_n wrote: »

Was Greg Jones not Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

redmca2 wrote: »
    On his recent performances I think that Crawley is gradually becoming a realistic candidate for supplanting Byrne as back up 10 to Sexton.

Creepy post........:D

stephen_n wrote: »

Yep.....and the Byrne brothers........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

That will be seven and sixpence please.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's arguably the same situation as the Carbery ordeal, if not more bscklogged. We have 3 senior opensides in VdF, SOB and Leavy, Penny coming storming through, Max Kearney is sub-academy but he's a really highly rated player from schools so could be in the academy next year.

It'd be a huge loss, but it's a real problem we're going to have over the next couple years.

Give them SOB?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭THFC198

Possible 23 for the Bath game next weekend? Who is definetly ruled out? I can think of SOB, Henshaw, Tomane, McCarthy with Leavy, Conan and O’Loughlin doubts? Missing any? (Or made mistakes)

THFC198 wrote: »
    Possible 23 for the Bath game next weekend? Who is definetly ruled out? I can think of SOB, Henshaw, Tomane, McCarthy with Leavy, Conan and O’Loughlin doubts? Missing any? (Or made mistakes)

Healy Cronin Furlong Ryan Toner Fardy VDF Ruddock

McGrath, Sexton, Lowe, COB, Ringrose, Byrne, Kearney

Bench McGrath, Tracy, Porter, Molony, Leavy/Doris, McCarthy/O'Sullivan, Byrne, Larmour/DK

Give them SOB?

He's not injured often enough to be an Ulster signing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Saw somewhere online that Munster were trying to get a 7 from Leinster and that vdfs contract is up in the summer. I don’t see the need for a 7 down there tbh and not sure what vdfs contract status is

It will be a 7 next year, the year after it will be an 8, then year after, sorry they already have a 9 and 10.....in a few seasons you might have Munster team full of exLeinster and foreign players and not a single player from Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

If VdF goes south then I give up. We might as well forget the notion of provinces.

What the **** would Munster be doing trying to sign a 7 anyway when they have TOD, Oliver and Cloete on the books already?

• Advertisement

If VdF goes south then I give up. We might as well forget the notion of provinces.

What the **** would Munster be doing trying to sign a 7 anyway when they have TOD, Oliver and Cloete on the books already?

Johnston, Bleyendaal, Keatley, Hanrahan

Signed Carbery.

Cronin, Murray, Hart, Williams

Sign Mathewson

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

VdF is better than all of them.

Doubt we'll lose him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

I don't know if anyone has been following the Premiership forum but it's quite possible that all of the Scottish, English and Welsh teams will have to forfeit all of their European games after Brexit day.

Which would mean it's only really the Irish and French teams competing for the title.

troyzer wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone has been following the Premiership forum but it's quite possible that all of the Scottish, English and Welsh teams will have to forfeit all of their European games after Brexit day.

Which would mean it's only really the Irish and French teams competing for the title.

How come?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    How come?

The UK only passport holder players wouldn't be classed as European?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    troyzer wrote: »

How come?

It's all in here in great detail:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-huge-implications-for-english-rugby-posed-by-brexit-that-no-one-is-talking-about-it/

But basically, EPCR rules mean you're only allowed to have two non EU/Kolpak players. British players will no longer be EU players after Brexit meaning that British teams will only be allowed to field a maximum of two British/Australian/Argentine or Kiwi players.

No British team is capable of fielding a team made up of 21 French/Irish/Italian or Kolpak players so they'll have to forfeit their matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That won’t affect the rules of the competition only working laws. I’d not be too worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Ross and Harry, is one 10 not enough?

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »

That won’t affect the rules of the competition only working laws. I’d not be too worried about it.

We'd be able to answer it very quickly if anyone can find an example of a French team fielding more than two Georgians in a European game. Because that's the bracket Britain would be in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement