Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Big opportunity for the loose heads. With Jack out, they can lay down a marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Big opportunity for the loose heads. With Jack out, they can lay down a marker.

I've no worries at all of Ed Byrne putting in a very decent 60 minutes over the 2 weeks.

Super player. Hope he grabs the chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

What ever happened to Jack Power? Last I remember he went off to Munster(?) and haven't heard of him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

What ever happened to Jack Power? Last I remember he went off to Munster(?) and haven't heard of him since.
    Munster released him at end of last season. He is playing AIL 1A with Clontarf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

When are we getting a match thread?

• Advertisement

troyzer wrote: »
    When are we getting a match thread?

Think IBF said he was doing one.

thanks ibf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

We're waiting Irish Bucs Fan.

We need all this spare time today to debate team selections and various permutations of what will go on during the match.

To do a match thread on a Friday or late THrusday is too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Has anyone here been to Bath before? Looking for recommendations for pubs over there. Any help would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Clegg wrote: »
    Has anyone here been to Bath before? Looking for recommendations for pubs over there. Any help would be appreciated.

Normally I find the ones serving alcohol....anything after that is a bonus :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I haven't been, but I've heard the Rec have (a very good policy) of shutting the bars before kick off etc. So don't get caught out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I have asked my Bath mates (because I am very posh and have Bath mates) and they have said:

The Salamander
    Opa
    The Huntsman

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Here when are tickets for Wasps going on Sale. I intend to bring the old man as a Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

errlloyd wrote: »
    Here when are tickets for Wasps going on Sale. I intend to bring the old man as a Christmas present.

I'm still waiting as well. They're selling them already as part of a bundle but that's obviously not ideal.

Didn't the Leinster allocation for Bath only go on sale two weeks or so ago?

It probably won't be until the new year if that's any guide.

I have asked my Bath mates (because I am very posh and have Bath mates) and they have said:

The Salamander
    Opa
    The Huntsman

Enjoy!
    Thanks IBF! Also got a recommendation to go to The Raven.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I’ve just checked and supposedly “that’s on the posh end of Bath so it’s probably fine”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I’ve just checked and supposedly “that’s on the posh end of Bath so it’s probably fine”

So in other words your mate are in the dodgy part :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Who for?????????:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

See if you can introduce him to Dai Young, he might get a game next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

All that's left is the Match Thread IBF.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

No Fardy on the plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

acer911 wrote: »
    No Fardy on the plane.

Leavy and Conan must be fit..fingers crossed.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

acer911 wrote: »
    No Fardy on the plane.

not surprised, hes played 9 games already this season, including the last 5 leinster games continuously.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

scott1974 wrote: »
    Leavy and Conan must be fit..fingers crossed.

Both on the plane here anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Leavy and Conan being available would be a complete game changer for us in terms of the team we can field.

I didn't think we'd see Conan back this side of Christmas after his departure against the USA.

Inside centre is the only really weakened area now at this point and Henshaw should be back in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Glad for Lowe in this case so. He's been unlucky in a few scenarios

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Buer wrote: »
    Leavy and Conan being available would be a complete game changer for us in terms of the team we can field.

I didn't think we'd see Conan back this side of Christmas after his departure against the USA.

Inside centre is the only really weakened area now at this point and Henshaw should be back in the next couple of weeks.

They'll have Jamie Roberts running down that channel all day, so it's not ideal with Henshaw out... if it's Reid then he needs a big game.

Curveball. Leavy at 8, Conan on bench. Obviously still not 100%.

Reid at 12, Larmour starts, ROL in 23 jersey. Ed Byrne gets the nod over Michael Bent for the bench spot which is good to see.

Very interesting that Ruddock stays at blindside and Leavy switches to 8.

15. Rob Kearney (202)
    14. Jordan Larmour (28)
    13. Garry Ringrose (55)
    12. Noel Reid (106)
    11. James Lowe (20)
    10. Johnny Sexton (153) CAPTAIN
    9. Luke McGrath (102)
    1. Cian Healy (197)
    2. Seán Cronin (160)
    3. Tadhg Furlong (91)
    4. Devin Toner (224)
    5. James Ryan (21)
    6. Rhys Ruddock (149)
    7. Josh van der Flier (66)
    8. Dan Leavy (58)

16. James Tracy (77)
    17. Ed Byrne (30) – European debut
    18. Andrew Porter (39)
    19. Ross Molony (71)
    20. Jack Conan (80)
    21. Jamison Gibson-Park (59)
    22. Ross Byrne (57)
    23. Rory O’Loughlin (48)

Bath in some trouble. Freddie Burns didn't pass his fitness test. With Priestland out already, James Wilson starts at 10. Zach Mercer also misses out after a knock last week which is a big loss. Louw starts at 8 (oddly similar to us being forced to start Leavy there).

If our front five can get well on top, we should really be winning this with a little room to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Very interesting that Ruddock stays at blindside and Leavy switches to 8.
    )

has leavy ever played 8 ?? is he tall eneogh ??

ps i know in this year of perfection , Leo and team know best , but curious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement