Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

case885 wrote: »
    Nick McCarthy out for 12 weeks, did ye knee cap him when he signed for Munster?

He is trying to get out of move, he heard a rumour that Munster are not happy with just 5 scrum halfs in the squad this year, so next year they plan to have 7 in the senior squad....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Clegg wrote: »
    Wonder if we'll register Conor O'Brien for the Champions Cup side now. After Reid he's the only fit 12 we have.

ROL played 12 in a couple of games last year. Pro14 semi and final for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Buer wrote:
    He's just trying to fit in with the other great signings Christian Cullen, Tyler Bleyendaal and Mark Chisolm.

We'll just have to mould him into an international player like we did with Felix and Conway ðŸ‘

We'll just have to mould him into an international player like we did with Felix and Conway ðŸ‘

You completely broke poor old Felix

Conway not far behind him, his injury record is terrible.....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Clegg wrote: »
    Wonder if we'll register Conor O'Brien for the Champions Cup side now. After Reid he's the only fit 12 we have.

It would make sense. Tomane and McFadden are both our long term but it would probably make more sense to de-register one of Deegan, Murphy or Doris. We've 8 back row players registered not including Fardy so it's doubtful we'll be calling on them (let alone three of them) at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Buer wrote: »
    It would make sense. Tomane and McFadden are both our long term but it would probably make more sense to de-register one of Deegan, Murphy or Doris. We've 8 back row players registered not including Fardy so it's doubtful we'll be calling on them (let alone three of them) at some point.

McFadden and Tomane are guaranteed out for pool stages though, Henshaw touch and go but extremely unlikely.

Might as well deregister one of those boys.

You're allowed register 3 additional players in the knockouts (2 + 1 front row)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Tough break for Henshaw. I was hoping he'd be back this month. ROL and Reid should be enough coverage.
    It seems that Henshaw and Ringrose can't stay healthy at the same time.
    Add to Henshaw being out, we won't have Jack McGrath or SOB. Luckily enough, we didn't ship too many more on the weekend.
    I hope Conan is fully fit, if not Doris may get a run.
    Bath have a big physical side. We certainly missed Henshaw this week as tracking Robert's must be very energy sapping. I think Reid did well and he has enough experience to do the job.
    Just noticed that Watson is still out from his Achilles injury. That's got to be very difficult to recover from. He may not make the 6nations.
    We should play better this weekend and put them under pressure. We seemed unable to impose our game on them, but we're good enough to still win.
    Great win under the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

We're starting to run up a right rack of injuries already, a bit concerning but hopefully will give us a chance to flex our strength in depth, and will be good preparation for the inevitable injuries/break periods after we win the RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Nick McCarthy out for 12 weeks, did ye knee cap him when he signed for Munster?
    My Munster neighbours and some in laws were complaining that he would not get game time prior to leaving .
    Bath fans were saying the pitch itself was not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

antietam1 wrote: »
    My Munster neighbours and some in laws were complaining that he would not get game time prior to leaving .

The pitch was cutting up in front of me from Bath doing their warm up, maybe they think it’s not bad compared to what it can be like, but it was bad.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

well then they will think the aviva is an actual carpet.....

I talked to one, he said it was like a lake with some muck thrown on top of it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

stephen_n wrote: »
    The pitch was cutting up in front of me from Bath doing their warm up, maybe they think it’s not bad compared to what it can be like, but it was bad.

I would certainly take your word first, I felt like logging on to their site to explain that Lowe's kick always looked like going out on the full and was called back for no advantage.
    Have seen that happen a fair few times recently.

Any 12's that missed a good bit of super rugby last year that might need game time this side of the season?

What's Sonny Bill upto these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Any 12's that missed a good bit of super rugby last year that might need game time this side of the season?

What's Sonny Bill upto these days?

I know you're being kinda facetious, but any short term signing would need to be Kolpak compliant. Dan Carter probably isn't Kolpak compliant, but he can put in a shift at 12 and his season in Japan is just over.

Now, Matt Giteau has just finished off his season down there and he spent 6 years in France. So he's probably Kolpak compliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Was down at the corner of the pitch just before kick off and there were puddles of water. It was a very wet and heavy pitch.

The wind was very strong and it was not constant, it was gusting from the north one second only to turn 180 Degrees seconds later.

Very difficult conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Henshaw out for another 8 weeks. Disastrous.

He's gone a bit soft since moving to Dublin, contract up at the end of the season, time for him to go back to his home province and harden up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Time to call up Aki ?

ClanofLams wrote: »
    He's gone a bit soft since moving to Dublin, contract up at the end of the season, time for him to go back to his home province and harden up again.

He's from Leinster

Unless they suddenly moved Athlone to Connacht

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    He's from Leinster

Unless they suddenly moved Athlone to Connacht

I’m fairness a good chunk of athlone is in Connacht. Not the bit he’s from but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

I've noticed these jackets the coaching team wear, pretty nice but not on general sale from what I can see...
    The current Adidas jacket in Lifestyle is €180, so I'd say that one is about €400..

INPHO_01464678.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

salmocab wrote: »
    I’m fairness a good chunk of athlone is in Connacht. Not the bit he’s from but still.

Is that some sort of Connacht spake?

degsie wrote: »

Tis only the locals that can understood each other

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

degsie wrote: »

Damn my fat digits and lack of proof reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Wasps tickets are up.

Should I jump on this or wait until the OLSC have news? Judging by Saturday, tickets won't be hard to come by.

Anyone else going? Currently I'm on my lonesome.

troyzer wrote: »
    Wasps tickets are up.

Should I jump on this or wait until the OLSC have news? Judging by Saturday, tickets won't be hard to come by.

Anyone else going? Currently I'm on my lonesome.

Any mention of when the OLSC will have them? What’s the capacity of the Ricoh, it’s fairly big isn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Any mention of when the OLSC will have them? What’s the capacity of the Ricoh, it’s fairly big isn’t it?

Yes its pretty big stadium. About 30,000 I think.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting a ticket one way or the other.

Word of warning - Coventry is a bit grim.

Sangre wrote: »

Train in and train out, won’t see very much of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

No news yet. The Bath away allocation was announced on the 9th November so I'd expect to hear about Wasps by the end of next week.

I'm just doing the day trip. If there were enough other fans on the same flight as me, it might be worth looking into a taxi. Birmingham airport isn't far.

• Advertisement

That's the best review Coventry has ever got....normally its called a lot worse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement