Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If you're going to stay, Leamington Spa isn't too far away.

I'm hoping to go with herself and that's where we plan on staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Speak of the devil!
    If you are intending to travel to the upcoming away Heineken Champions Cup game against Wasps in The Ricoh Arena on Saturday 20th January, KO 3.15pm tickets go on-sale from 10am on Wednesday 12th December.

On-sale: Wednesday 12th December @ 10am
    Off-sale: Friday 28th December @ 5pm

Ticket prices for the game are as follows (plus usual service charge):

Categories Price
    Premium €63
    Category 1 €59
    Category 2 €47
    Category 3 €37
    Category 4 €28

The OLSC recommend that supporters purchase in the Category 3 price tickets in order to keep the blue supporters together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Good news on Sexton, 2 more years. With him getting a bit less game time on his aging bones I think Byrne will feature even more which is great and Frawley in 2 years has potential to be excellent. This could work out great from a Leinster point of view for succession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Sangre wrote: »

Word of warning - Coventry is a bit grim.

No wonder it was flattened in the war...or is it that the reason it's grim now?
    Bit of a chicken-and-egg case here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Am I blind or have I missed the Munster away tickets? Can't remember getting an email about it

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Am I blind or have I missed the Munster away tickets? Can't remember getting an email about it

This one is from the 17th October:
    Munster V Leinster - Thomond Park!

Reminder - Leinster Rugby will travel to Thomond Park on Saturday 29th December to take on Munster with kick-off at 5.15pm. The Leinster ticket allocation is available to purchase on the link below.

Click here to get your tickets!

The OLSC will also be running same day buses to Thomond Park. The Aircoach vehicles will have WC facilities, however a strict no alcohol on board policy exists.

To book, please send €20pp with your name and a contact number to olsc@leinsterrugby.ie via Paypal. The OLSC will a acknowledge all bookings within 48 hrs and will send full details the week of the game by email.

The OLSC again recommend that supporters purchase in the South Terrace for this fixture.

Kind Regards,

Leinster Rugby Ticket Office

Here's the link, I don't know if it still works. Ticketmaster is blocked in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bath expect to have Burns and Mercer back for this weekend which should be a boost for them but they've now lost Coganasika for the next month. That will make life a little more comfortable for whoever is selected on the right wing for Leinster.

Burns coming back in after a knock isn't going to strengthen them any more than having Wilson starting who I thought went quite well intercept aside. Mercer is a boost for them though. Gives them a far more dynamic option up front which they lacked at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Buer wrote: »
    Bath expect to have Burns and Mercer back for this weekend which should be a boost for them but they've now lost Coganasika for the next month. That will make life a little more comfortable for whoever is selected on the right wing for Leinster.

Burns coming back in after a knock isn't going to strengthen them any more than having Wilson starting who I thought went quite well intercept aside. Mercer is a boost for them though. Gives them a far more dynamic option up front which they lacked at times.

We really need to sort out our breakdown so, that leaves and Louw and Underhill a free role to poach.

scott1974 wrote: »
    We really need to sort out our breakdown so, that leaves and Louw and Underhill a free role to poach.

The single biggest difference between last week and this week will be a different referee. Although Gauzere lets the breakdown be a contest too, Raynal was happy to allow a complete free for all for anyone looking to turn over a ruck. Not that it was Raynal's fault, we simply did not adjust quickly enough to what was unfolding.

I don't think we'll be as sluggish at the breakdown this week nor do I think the conditions will povide such a slow, ruck based game where the likes of Louw and Underhill will have multiple opportunities to poach.

It will be interesting to see the selection for this weekend in the back row but I've a feeling we're going to go with Leavy and VDF both on the field for this one with Conan returning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭jonok28

scott1974 wrote: »

I think we are going to see a significantly different Leinster side on Saturday, it was a mistake to not give the returning players a warm up game before they played against Bath, they looked rusty and were slow to start. I think they will look at the areas in which Bath had a lot of success and try and create a plan to fix it. I think they will play a lot wider this Saturday, they seemed to play very narrow at times last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The single biggest difference between last week and this week will be a different referee. Although Gauzere lets the breakdown be a contest too, Raynal was happy to allow a complete free for all for anyone looking to turn over a ruck. Not that it was Raynal's fault, we simply did not adjust quickly enough to what was unfolding.

I don't think we'll be as sluggish at the breakdown this week nor do I think the conditions will povide such a slow, ruck based game where the likes of Louw and Underhill will have multiple opportunities to poach.

It will be interesting to see the selection for this weekend in the back row but I've a feeling we're going to go with Leavy and VDF both on the field for this one with Conan returning too.

Conan didn't train yesterday, whatever the significance of that is

My prediction for the starting 15:
    1 Healy
    2 Cronin
    3 Furlong
    4 Toner
    5 Ryan
    6 Leavy
    7 Van Der Flier
    8 Conan
    9 McGrath
    10 Byrne
    11 Lowe
    12 Sexton
    13 Ringrose
    14 Larmour
    15 Kearney

I think they want to dominate in the middle of the field and having Sexton beside Ringrose gives them the chance to do that all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I am not sure we can be blamed for not adjusting. We also got some ridiculous jackals. VDF / Larmour and both Healy's jackals looked dodgy to me. Raynal was reffing weird like.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I am not sure we can be blamed for not adjusting. We also got some ridiculous jackals. VDF / Larmour and both Healy's jackals looked dodgy to me. Raynal was reffing weird like.

He was consistent throughout. We just didn't cop on until the second half and then we won a handful of turnover penalties after the break. But Bath were far more alive to it in the first 40 minutes; I think we were turned over three times in their 22 when we should have been coming away with points.

The officiating was a bit odd but but we were slow to react. Once the referee is consistent, it's hard to have too many complaints. I think we really missed a wise old head up front in the guise of a Heaslip, SOB or even Fardy who would have been all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Raynal seemed to favor the defending team at the breakdown. I’ve never seen a ref penalise holding on so quickly. Surprisingly we didn’t seem to have done our homework on that at all. That’s concerning that it takes till the halftime team talk for us to adapt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

jonok28 wrote: »
    1 Healy
    2 Cronin
    3 Furlong
    4 Toner
    5 Ryan
    6 Leavy
    7 Van Der Flier
    8 Conan
    9 McGrath
    10 Byrne
    11 Lowe
    12 Sexton
    13 Ringrose
    14 Larmour
    15 Kearney

I don’t think there’s any chance we’d start Sexton at 12. If he’s fit, he’s at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Serbian wrote: »
    I don’t think there’s any chance we’d start Sexton at 12. If he’s fit, he’s at 10.

agree, but wouldnt mind seeing Larmour in the centre , think he is more 13 , so possibly wouldnt work with Ringrose, or has Larmnour played 12 .
    Conan to 8 - tough call at 6 , probably go leavy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

1 Healy
    2 Cronin
    3 Furlong
    4 Toner
    5 Ryan
    6 Leavy
    7 Van Der Flier
    8 Conan
    9 McGrath
    10 Byrne
    11 Lowe
    12 Sexton
    13 Ringrose
    14 Larmour
    15 Kearney

I think they want to dominate in the middle of the field and having Sexton beside Ringrose gives them the chance to do that all game.

There is absolutely zero chance that that team takes the field.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

thebaz wrote: »
    agree, but wouldnt mind seeing Larmour in the centre , think he is more 13 , so possibly wouldnt work with Ringrose, or has Larmnour played 12 .
    Conan to 8 - tough call at 6 , probably go leavy.

Lads there's not a chance of Sexton starting 12. Reid or ROL and Possibly Dorris and Leavy in backrow if Conan is out

Podge_irl wrote: »
    There is absolutely zero chance that that team takes the field.

The only unlikely thing to happen is Sexton at 12, other then that its basically the same team that played last week, I think Sexton at 12 offers Leinster a better ball carrier and playmaker than Reid but I am fairly sure that Reid will start at 12 and Sexton at 10, I just think having Sexton and Byrne on the field at the same time would allow for Leinster to field what I think is their strongest available 15.

• Advertisement

The only unlikely thing to happen is Sexton at 12, other then that its basically the same team that played last week, I think Sexton at 12 offers Leinster a better ball carrier and playmaker than Reid but I am fairly sure that Reid will start at 12 and Sexton at 10, I just think having Sexton and Byrne on the field at the same time would allow for Leinster to field what I think is their strongest available 15.

Well its not really a "predicted" team then. Sexton will retire having never started a game at 12.

Well its not really a "predicted" team then. Sexton will retire having never started a game at 12.

He started for the Lions at 12.

troyzer wrote: »

No he hasn't.

Sexton started at 15 for the Wolfhounds around 2008. Since then he has only ever worn 10 or 22 and he will never wear anything else. It would be a waste for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I would imagine Sexton would just laugh at the suggestion he'd be playing 12 at this stage in his career.

No he hasn't.

My bad, he didn't start.

Still, he's played at 12 before.

It's still a stupid idea to play him there this weekend

No he hasn't.

My bad, he didn't start.

Still, he's played at 12 before.

It's still a stupid idea to play him there this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I think we should put Sexton at 12 and ROG at 10.....bring back memories of 2011

Sorry nightmares not memories :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think we should put Sexton at 12 and ROG at 10.....bring back memories of 2011

Sorry nightmares not memories :-)

Earls at 13 and Madigan at 9.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Earls at 13 and Madigan at 9.

POM on the wing :eek::eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement