Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

troyzer wrote: »
    INTERESTING!

VERY INTERESTING!

The plot of our long going feud thickens.

I think heymans went to school with Adam :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think heymans went to school with Adam :eek:

Hardly, Heymans is still in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

So Kearney picked up a knock during the match last week which didn't clear up fully for tomorrow. Conan wasn't fully fit either last week hence being on the bench (I think that was a stupid move).

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bluedex

Buer wrote: »
    So Kearney picked up a knock during the match last week which didn't clear up fully for tomorrow. Conan wasn't fully fit either last week hence being on the bench (I think that was a stupid move).

Conan did clean up scrum ball though when he came on.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

15 Larmour
    14 A Byrne
    13 Ringrose
    12 O'Loughlin
    11 Lowe
    10 Sexton (C)
    9 McGrath
    8 Conan
    7 Van Der Flier
    6 Leavy
    5 Ryan
    4 Toner
    3 Furlong
    2 Cronin
    1 Healy

Tracy, E Byrne, Porter, Molony, Ruddock, Gibson-Park, R Byrne, Reid

With this team you’d have to hope the forwards are on song and set a platform from which we can score tries in the tight off line outs. It’s going to be a tough ask to break down Bath up front but I think we can do it and hopefully get the bonus into the 60th minute.

It won’t be a field day for the backs to run riot but hopefully we have enough experience behind the scrum to run in a few when the game starts to open up a little. All in all I would say 5 points just after around 70

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Weather forecast is shocking for tomorrow though. I can see it being a scrappy affair if the Bath pack show up like they did last week

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Weather warning has been upgraded to Orange Alert - Storm Deirdre. Strongest gusts, heaviest rain and coldest temps of the event for Dublin are expected around the time of the match.

I'm not sure what the parameters are for public safety around the Aviva, but there must be a risk of the fixture being postponed so stay glued to the news and travel bulletins.

Itd be a damn shame for all concerned if it was, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Weather warning has been upgraded to Orange Alert - Storm Deirdre. Strongest gusts, heaviest rain and coldest temps of the event for Dublin are expected around the time of the match.

I'm not sure what the parameters are for public safety around the Aviva, but there must be a risk of the fixture being postponed so stay glued to the news and travel bulletins.

Has there been any games postponed in Ireland this century because of weather? I know there was a few fixtures postponed during Storm Emma but they were away games and cancelled due to travel.

I can't see it being postponed at this stage unless there's extremely heavy snowfall over night, winds probably wouldn't be enough if Bath are already in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Larbre34 wrote: »

Unlikely it will be called off. Had worse before there. The issue will be wind speeds at the end of the match and rainfall. Potential for flooding on some routes out of the ground but there are plans for such an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

For Leinster fans it would be ****, for the team, they'd surely prefer better weather in order to move Bath around and not have it as much of a dogfight. It's still going to be horrible. Going to be taking the thermos of whiskey and not the hipflask this game.

• Advertisement

Has there been any games postponed in Ireland this century because of weather? I know there was a few fixtures postponed during Storm Emma but they were away games and cancelled due to travel.

I can't see it being postponed at this stage unless there's extremely heavy snowfall over night, winds probably wouldn't be enough if Bath are already in Ireland.

RDS lost at least one game and maybe more due to snow in 2010/11. I remember a Glasgow league game in particular.

Ravenhill too fell victim a few times in the colder winters

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Unlikely it will be called off. Had worse before there. The issue will be wind speeds at the end of the match and rainfall. Potential for flooding on some routes out of the ground but there are plans for such an event.

Its the high winds that are the concern. Recent updates on the weather forum are edging towards Red conditions at times. If the Guards and the stadium management are even slightly iffy about debris potential with so big a crowd, it won't happen.

Pure grim out right now.

There’s not a chance of the game being called off. I imagine people’s inner Munster supporter are leading them to make comments like that in the hope they can watch both games.

Conditions are in Baths favor

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Heymans wrote: »
    There’s not a chance of the game being called off. I imagine people’s inner Munster supporter are leading them to make comments like that in the hope they can watch both games.

It will be called off if Health & Safety are threatened. A bit more serious than combustible flag sticks.

It's shocking weather but it will have to deteriorate significantly before they postpone a match for wind and rain. The worst of it is supposed to come later on after the game has started. If they were going to postpone it, they'd need to do it by lunch time and that's not going to happen unless we start to see trees down etc. I live about 7 miles from stadium and it's not near that level yet.

Risk to fans getting to and from game and it will be cancelled

If their is risk of items flying around and hitting people the Garda will call it

Happened last year, Saracens played on the Monday wasn’t it

It’s a bit of rain. My under 9 will be playing in this weather this morning. I’d say the supporters at that will be fine at that

Saracens game was called off because of heavy snowfall making access to the ground extremely dangerous. This isn't on the same level at all. For context, flights are operating as normal out of Dublin still. It will take a huge deterioration for the game to be postponed. In reality, no chance it is being called off.

Saracens game was called off because of heavy snowfall making access to the ground extremely dangerous. This isn't on the same level at all. For context, flights are operating as normal out of Dublin still. It will take a huge deterioration for the game to be postponed. In reality, no chance it is being called off.

The warning is for 3 today, not now

Believe me I’m in the NAC and the gymnastic centre this morning and I doubt the flights will be lasting much longer going by the winds around here

• Advertisement

It’s a bit of rain. My under 9 will be playing in this weather this morning. I’d say the supporters at that will be fine at that

As mentioned, it’s 3 today, not now

Even now the winds are very strong in open....trains etc have to travel in from all areas, it’s 40k people

That’s said I expect it to go ahead but I would love the aviva to have a roof right now

Already serious flooding in parts, I could see this being cancelled purely for transportation issues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Are there 45,000 people coming to watch your under 9s?

Not relevant so.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Am 510 minutes walk away from Aviva. It is gusting very badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

foxyladyxx wrote:

That's a cruel walk, I'd get a bus if I were you..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Games gonna be on - you heard it here first.

foxyladyxx wrote: »

I’m probably similar but I get the train myself

Wishful thinking to say no chance.

Theres a chance of localised red alerts issuing in the next 2 hours due to updated weather data, in which case the goose will be cooked. Its not the stadium or the playing surface that will do for it, its transport and debris.

From Leinster facebook:
    We've had a lot of queries on #StormDeirdre - as with any match day we will continue to monitor with stadium officials, Gardaí and tournament organisers weather and other factors that may affect the game. If anything changes, we will announce as soon as possible

I presume the game will be on, but it's a possibility certainly that it won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

From Leinster facebook:

I presume the game will be on, but it's a possibility certainly that it won't.

Just seen Leo in the gym. I should have asked him for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement