Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

He was "poison" and "below AIL standard" I believe.

Presume AIL means 'Another Irish Lad' since we have more or less adopted him...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Wasps got beaten today. Now in a fight for 4th. Wonder what sort of approach they will take in January in Europe

Players went fancy dress for xmas party. VDF went as Scott Fardy.

Check it out on instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Players went fancy dress for xmas party. VDF went as Scott Fardy.

Check it out on instagram

Oh somebody post that please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Think Tomane's grand but dunno if he's worth the valuable NIQ spot

Radrada finishes up in Bordeaux same time as Tomane finishes up here...yes please :D

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/semi-radradras-new-club-two-year-lucrative-deal-confirmed/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

FrannoFan wrote: »

600K annually...that's a spicy meatball...realistically he'd be wasted on us but jaysus if I wouldn't love to see the damage we would do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Anyone else think Deegan was a catalyst on Saturday?
    Thought he looked sharp and was an improvement on Doris.
    I don't think we're going to be able to keep them both. They're both quality and they wouldn't be satisfied with limited playing time.
    Deegan is purely an 8. That may work against him. If Ulster were to lose Coetzee, I could see the IRFU encouraging one of them to go to Belfast.
    Just speculating of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Deegan played well when he came on. He's actually been very good coming off the bench in his last few games. It seems that getting dropped for Doris has had the desired effect. He's upped his workrate and is playing well again.

I wouldn't say he was the outstanding sub on Saturday though. Cronin and Porter were excellent when they came on. But Ross Molony was exceptional. Came on and played with a lot of bite and aggression. Don't think his performance has been mentioned much.

All the subs were excellent really. Frawley is very young and inexperienced still, but he covered the backfield at 15 so well. It's early days yet but we may have a potentially great player in him. Can play 10 and 15 with assurance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Anyone else think Deegan was a catalyst on Saturday?
    Thought he looked sharp and was an improvement on Doris.
    I don't think we're going to be able to keep them both. They're both quality and they wouldn't be satisfied with limited playing time.
    Deegan is purely an 8. That may work against him. If Ulster were to lose Coetzee, I could see the IRFU encouraging one of them to go to Belfast.
    Just speculating of course.

The catalysts for me were Frawley and Porter. Their introduction completely changed the course of the game more so than I have seen from any substitutes this season in the games I've watched. Bent was losing his battle with the loose head and Porter came on and made an immediate impact in the scrums. He struggled scrummaging earlier in the season so it was a marked improvement to immediately get the nudge in the scrums. His carrying was very impressive also.

Frawley simply turned what was a disadvantage into an advantage. He had an attacking threat from deep and looked to make yards off his carries.

Deegan got stuck in much more than in previous outings. He hit a lot more rucks than he usually does and carried with intent. I still think Doris offers more in the tight but was pleasantly surprised with Deegan impact as I think Doris was wrecked after 60 mins with his type of game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

The players will be able to enjoy Christmas a bit more this time compared to last season when the game was on Boxing Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Remember how James Lowe started and people were saying he looked lost and wasn't performing well......

I still remember Isa was sh*t for a long time as well....if you listened to some people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

The players will be able to enjoy Christmas a bit more this time compared to last season when the game was on Boxing Day

Boxing day? You mean St. Stephen's day?

I didn't know there were people in Ireland who called it boxing day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

troyzer wrote: »

West brits do :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

It was always boxing day for me growing up in Donegal. No idea how it started in our family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

stephen_n wrote: »
    West brits do :pac:

Jesus don’t get you know who started

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Bridge93 wrote: »

Just don’t quote him!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Bridge93 wrote: »

Who me? Happy Christmas everyone. As you know it's a time for spreading love around. To everyone except those who don't love back and who look down their noses and punish the lesser. You've got it right I'm talking about consevatives from the countryside. The old gentry. They've been making a come back you know so don't scorn me for being judgmental of them. Congratulate me for taking the fight to them and trying to get them to change their ways or leave the country. If they don't change? Well let's just say the next 100 years for their kids won't be pleasant in this country so long as there is people like me around to stand up to them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand there he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand there he is.

He’s fighting for your freedom you know

• Advertisement

Happy xmass all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Lack of knowledge is no excuse :D...... There would be hundreds of thousands who do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

jacothelad wrote: »

Lack of knowledge is no excuse :D...... There would be hundreds of thousands who do so.

Ah yeah but sure Nor'n Ir'l'n is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Happy Christmas to you all. Hell of a year gone by. Here’s to something similar next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Actually it's pronounced more like St. Stevenszes Day

I hope to see the mixed squad again this week. Giving the younger lads the opportunity during the interpro's is great to see. It puts them in a high stakes environment and really tests them.
    With Ulster in the same pool, I think we'll go full strength for that match, with an eye on the European clashes shortly after.
    I'd like to see.
    Dooley
    Treacy
    Porter
    Toner
    Fardy
    Murphy
    Leavy
    Deegan
    Luke
    Byrne
    Lowe
    Reid
    JOB
    A Byrne
    RK

Byrne
    Byrne
    Vakh
    Kearney
    Penny
    Patterson
    Frawley
    COB

A strong enough side and a mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Got a 20e bet on Munster to win the Champions Cup from the lads Kris Kindle. I'm sickened.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Got a 20e bet on Munster to win the Champions Cup from the lads Kris Kindle. I'm sickened.

Guaranteed win
    If they lose you win
    If the win you have a large cheque to help salve the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Guaranteed win
    If they lose you win
    If the win you have a large cheque to help salve the pain

Large ? I presume the price would be no bigger than 10's

• Advertisement

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Large ? I presume the price would be no bigger than 10's

surprised at that. but 220 of a cheque is a large payday for me.
    I come from outside the traditional Leinster heartland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement