Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Dooley
    Cronin
    Porter
    Molony
    Toner
    Murphy
    Leavy
    Deegan
    Jgp
    Byrne
    Daly
    Reid
    Rol
    Ab
    Rk

Jack
    Byrne
    Bent
    Kearney
    Doris
    Luke
    Frawley
    Job

Jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Jack?

McGrath?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

McGrath?

As Hooker?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Get the Byrne's mixed up maybe?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Carberry will never come back because it wasn't built into contract.

It wasn't built into his contract to go to Munster in the first place. If he wants to come back then he'll be brought back. It just won't make sense and the same would be true of most players who leave I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It’s hard to tell with the way selections have gone this season. I’d be expecting us to go nearly full strength though with next week in mind. I’m sure Ulster will be sending a weakened selection, so it shouldn’t matter, but I’d expect a lot stronger than the teams named above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

troyzer wrote: »
    Yes but the counter point of course is that after two years, you could lose the player and have nothing but an academy prospect who isn't ready because they've had no game time

An arguement on both sides. More or less they have to work out having loads of players sitting on bench for Leinster when they could start with Connacht etc.

The problem is how do you compensate Leinster then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Yes but the counter point of course is that after two years, you could lose the player and have nothing but an academy prospect who isn't ready because they've had no game time

An arguement on both sides. More or less they have to work out having loads of players sitting on bench for Leinster when they could start with Connacht etc.

The problem is how do you compensate Leinster then?

You don't compensate us. Instead you think of it this way. Leinster aren't indefinitely entitled to every single player our academy produces, but we are entitled to first choice on the good ones. That's pretty much how it's worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I think we will be seeing COB start this one at 12

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

stephen_n wrote: »
    It’s hard to tell with the way selections have gone this season. I’d be expecting us to go nearly full strength though with next week in mind. I’m sure Ulster will be sending a weakened selection, so it shouldn’t matter, but I’d expect a lot stronger than the teams named above.

Yea, but I think Ringrose, Furlong, Healy, Sexton and James Ryan all need to be managed/rested ahead of the CC games otherwise they'll only get one game off in seven between the Euro and inter-pro games (and that not long after a busy November).

Some of them (along with R Kearney) may feature from the bench though for another salvage operation if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Yea, but I think Ringrose, Furlong, Healy, Sexton and James Ryan all need to be managed/rested ahead of the CC games otherwise they'll only get one game off in seven between the Euro and inter-pro games (and that not long after a busy November).

Some of them (along with R Kearney) may feature from the bench though for another salvage operation if needed.

Possibly so, not to sure where we stand with the IRFU player welfare. My guess would be something like this.

Ed Byrne
    Cronin
    Porter
    Toner
    Fardy
    Leavy
    Conan
    VDF
    JGP
    Byrne
    D Kearney
    ROL
    Ringrose
    A Byrne
    Larmour/D Kearney

Subs
    Tracey
    Dooley
    Furlong
    Moloney
    Murphy
    McGrath
    Frawley
    COB

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

stephen_n wrote: »

Judging from Instagram, Jordi is in Dubai and Cooney is travelling around Europe so Ulster will be sending the second strings I think

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Judging from Instagram, Jordi is in Dubai and Cooney is travelling around Europe so Ulster will be sending the second strings I think

Good chance to stake a claim for the second stringers then.

These are exactly the times some of them will be looking for to make their case for contracts/places on the team. Competition for places is hotting up.

Looking forward to seeing some of Conor OBrien, Jimmy OBrien, Max Deegan, Bryan Byrne, Ed Byrne and others make a case for their inclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Huge blow for Leinster attack wise. He's our most dangerous outside back. Playing at home we'll see more of the ball and have greater momentum. He could've done a lot of damage. I also remember him doing a decent job of marking Kolbe. Adam Byrne has been in good form recently. It's probably too soon for Daly and RoL will start at 12.

It simplifies the non Irish rule though. We'll definitely see Fardy and JGP in the squad. Fardy especially will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

sullivlo wrote: »
    As Hooker?

I think what we can all learn from this is do not use players first names alone when referring to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I reckon Ulster will rest a lot of players. Nordi and Treadwell have been involved in almost every match these past couple of months.
    I also think we're due to rotate from last weekend and bring in the lads who sat last week.
    If Jack McGrath is fit he has to get some playing time. He's missed almost 2 months and will need a run prior to Toulouse.
    Same for RK. He hasn't been involved much recently.
    Sexton will hopefully be rested for the Euros.
    I think DK may be injured.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Slightly annoying all the same that in comparison to the Baloucoune case, Lowe essentially misses 2.5 games as opposed to just 2 but such is life I guess.

Toulouse are looking in pretty bloody good shape at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Definitely could have done without missing another back line player for this game. Already down 2 of the 7 who would have started this one. It's a big chance for Adam Byrne. He's back in form at the right time for us and for him, I'd expect him to start, probably at 14, and maybe Larmour moving into 11.

With Henshaw also missing for this one, we're left with potentially our weakest defenders facing their most evasive runners, with A. Byrne facing Kolbe and O'Loughlin likely facing N'tamack.

Definitely nervous for this game thinking about the players we're playing vs the players they're likely to be playing. Their back line is absolutely lethal, I think we'll be looking to hold onto the ball for long periods if we can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Barry Daly's back in training, I'd say we'll see him and Byrne on the wing for Ulster. Then hopefully RK will be fit and one of the two vs Tolouse, Larmour on the other wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

With Fardy involved and Jack McGrath likely to be back, we are going to have to bludgeon Toulouse up front and own possession. I wouldn't want to see them getting quick ball in too much space.

I imagine we're looking at Larmour and Byrne on the wings with ROL at 12. Far from ideal but there's enough fire power to get scores. I can see us coming out of the blocks hard and Lowe will be available the following week when we'll be chasing tries at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

R.Kearney, Larmour and Byrne will do hopefully. Fardy onto the bench is a silver lining too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Slightly annoying all the same that in comparison to the Baloucoune case, Lowe essentially misses 2.5 games as opposed to just 2 but such is life I guess.

What you're essentially saying here is that you're annoyed that the ref got a decision correct. The reffing standard must be improving in the league, normally we wait til they get stuff wrong! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

aloooof wrote: »

What you're essentially saying here is that you're annoyed that the ref got a decision correct.

He absolutely is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Buer wrote: »
    aloooof wrote: »

What you're essentially saying here is that you're annoyed that the ref got a decision correct.

He absolutely is not.

Yeah, he's saying he's annoyed at how arbitrary it is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Buer wrote: »
    He absolutely is not.
    Yeah, he's saying he's annoyed at how arbitrary it is.

I really just meant this in jest (and I don't want to go over old ground) but is it that arbitrary? I'm trying to think of other similar cases and whether they resulted in a yellow or red. To me it seems like the Baloucoune incident is almost the exception that proves the rule?

What happened to that lad who made the YouTube video with all of the cool kicks? The one who met Dan Carter and was on Tubs?

He'd be playing senior cup around now if he was any use I'd have thought.

Any idea?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

What happened to that lad who made the YouTube video with all of the cool kicks? The one who met Dan Carter and was on Tubs?

Any idea?

He was from Terenure wasn’t he?

• Advertisement

Any idea?

He was from Terenure wasn’t he?

I think so. Wonder what happened to him.

He'd be about the right age now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement