Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

errlloyd wrote: »
    Can't help but be sickened we gave away an in contract outhalf over the summer....

Yeah It's definitely disappointing to be honest. That said it's hard to know what position he'd have played had he stayed in Leinster, the jury never quite came back in on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

What's the word on Frawley - I've heard nothing as to the seriousness or otherwise of the knock he took?

The42 said there's no timeline but he'll miss the opening games

The42 said there's no timeline but he'll miss the opening games

Forearm break would be minimum of 6 weeks but can be upto 6 months. That's where he had the ice on at full time.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Forearm break would be minimum of 6 weeks but can be upto 6 months. That's where he had the ice on at full time.

he would have done very well to play for another 15 minutes with a forearm break... even a hairline.. that would have been excruciatingly painful ever time he touched something.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    he would have done very well to play for another 15 minutes with a forearm break... even a hairline.. that would have been excruciatingly painful ever time he touched something.

He was in a lot of discomfort to be honest and he initially moved away from involvement with contact. The physio attended to him and he played on for another bit so I presume a break is unlikely, but certainly that's what it looked like at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

It wasn't 15 minutes. I remember him going down in the tackle, clearly in pain coming up and he came off two or three minutes later during the next reset. I think it was a scrum.

troyzer wrote: »
    It wasn't 15 minutes. I remember him going down in the tackle, clearly in pain coming up and he came off two or three minutes later during the next reset. I think it was a scrum.

ah ok thanks, i thought it was mentioned here that it was much longer and the implication was that he actively played on.

ah ok thanks, i thought it was mentioned here that it was much longer and the implication was that he actively played on.

He definitely played on after being reviewed by the physio. I was surprised because he looked very uncomfortable when he get up after the impact.

He left the field I'd say within 10 minutes of the injury but there were one or two breaks in play. I was convinced he was coming straight off but he definitely attempted to play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Noel Reid / bolter 2019 rev at back up 10. You heard it here 1st.

Oops rwc 2019. You heard it again

• Advertisement

Noel Reid? Only if he suddenly plays absolutely nothing like he's ever played at 10 before in his life!

Still remember that B&I Cup semi-final against Munster A...

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

He definitely played on after being reviewed by the physio. I was surprised because he looked very uncomfortable when he get up after the impact.

He left the field I'd say within 10 minutes of the injury but there were one or two breaks in play. I was convinced he was coming straight off but he definitely attempted to play on.

This. He played on and was involved in play for a while after the initial injury but could be seen holding his arm quite a bit. He went for a tackle on the Leinster 10m line about 10mins after the initial injury and let out a roar of pain as he went down. Went off pretty much straight after that.

Kevski wrote: »
    This. He played on and was involved in play for a while after the initial injury but could be seen holding his arm quite a bit. He went for a tackle on the Leinster 10m line about 10mins after the initial injury and let out a roar of pain as he went down. Went off pretty much straight after that.

I remember that tackle. I might be mistaken. I thought that tackle WAS when he was injured? The 10m line sounds about right near the stand, the Physio went out and he waved him off, went to get back in formation and was then pulled off. That's what I remember, it must have been after he had already been injured.

I remember that tackle. I might be mistaken. I thought that tackle WAS when he was injured? The 10m line sounds about right near the stand, the Physio went out and he waved him off, went to get back in formation and was then pulled off. That's what I remember, it must have been after he had already been injured.

The initial injury happened at the 10m line a few minutes into the game. I don't know where he was just before he went on.

The initial injury happened at the 10m line a few minutes into the game. I don't know where he was just before he went on.

It would be fairly class if we could rewatch it to find out. Ulster and Munster recorded their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Beirne could never play for Leinster anyway. The moment he pulled on the blue scrum cap in his first training session, he'd be fatally gorged by the entire team.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Beirne could never play for Leinster anyway. The moment he pulled on the blue scrum cap in his first training session, he'd be fatally gorged by the entire team.

theyd think he was will connors?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Stimulus response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Dubinusa wrote:
    Noel Reid / bolter 2019 rev at back up 10. You heard it here 1st.

I watched alot of noel Reid when he was in the ulster Bank league and to me his best position was full back. Very similar to Goode at Saracens.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

blackdog1 wrote: »
    I watched alot of noel Reid when he was in the ulster Bank league and to me his best position was full back. Very similar to Goode at Saracens.

He is 28 . .a bit old to be considered a bolter?

• Advertisement

Any world on when the B&I Replacement fixtures get confirmed? Have clubs had that info yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Any world on when the B&I Replacement fixtures get confirmed? Have clubs had that info yet?

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/42341.php#.W30yPaThSEd

Fixtures for the first five rounds have been confirmed. Leinster’s first home game is against Cardiff in Donnybrook on 15th Sep with the senior team playing Dragons in the RDS at 17:15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭blackdog1

foxyladyxx wrote:
    He is 28 . .a bit old to be considered a bolter?

Yea I think they have messed up with him. He was never really a 10 lacked control. Not really hard enough for a centre I feel he was put in there because of lack of options and his passing ability. For me he was a natural full back, good running game a good kicker too and he was improving under the high ball. Its a pity as I think he's reached his potential in the centre and won't go any higher. Tom Daly for all his good points makes too many defensive errors whenever I've seen him. Hopefully this improves with gametime as he is very talented in other areas of his game. Barry Daly played a bit at 13 for UCD and every time he played he impressed me he's just an intelligent player, now that he's bulked up a bit I wouldn't mind seeing him play there a bit this season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You mean porridge?

Is the Munster game at the aviva?

Dubinusa wrote: »

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,355 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Dubinusa wrote: »

Are you home for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Is Lowe, Larmour and Rob Kearney our back 3 for next season? McFadden was playing well until injury so may force himself back into contention. But Larmour did so well in both finals and summer tour that he must surely be first choice now. He's the younger option with so much potential in attack and solid in defence. Kearney is the obvious fullback and Lowe is our most dangerous outside back. His strength in contact, ability to offload from anywhere and line running are top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Clegg wrote: »
    Is Lowe, Larmour and Rob Kearney our back 3 for next season? McFadden was playing well until injury so may force himself back into contention. But Larmour did so well in both finals and summer tour that he must surely be first choice now. He's the younger option with so much potential in attack and solid in defence. Kearney is the obvious fullback and Lowe is our most dangerous outside back. His strength in contact, ability to offload from anywhere and line running are top notch.

Our back three is a bit of a mystery. Lowe still has the Kolpak counting against him, but I really wouldn't rule out Adam Byrne or Barry Daly delivering. DK and McFadden could come into form. Tomane could be used out wide. There is a lot there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement