Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

You know why I'm here.

Surprised you actually see any posts on this forum... ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭elliot_st

no sign of Leavy at Leinster training.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Zzippy wrote: »
    Surprised you actually see any posts on this forum... ;)

After these current inter pros I only see the mods and about 5 posters probably!

Can you ignore the mods?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

stephen_n wrote: »
    After these current inter pros I only see the mods and about 5 posters probably!

Can you ignore the mods?

I believe so

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno wrote: »
    I believe so

You can. I just put zzippy on ignore and can no longer see his posts.

Now to figure out how to visible him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Stheno wrote: »
    You can. I just put zzippy on ignore and can no longer see his posts.

Now to figure out how to visible him

Huge if true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I don't think Henshaw potentially being back would be much of a boost. I felt he was shown up a little bit away to Toulouse. He's a bit one-dimensional. I don't think he would have scored that try O'Brien scored at the weekend. He doesn't really have the instincts to keep defenders guessing. He's just straight up and down, not really a cerebral player - which gets highlighted against the artistry of Sonnes' Toulouse team

Shiny new thing alert, repeat, we have a shiny new thing alert.
    Hypetrain warning Amber is in effect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Toulouse are a cracking side.
    If Sexton is out we have to try to play a possession game.
    Keep it tight and try starve them of possession.
    If Toner is out, I think we're in trouble.
    I don't think Henshaw should start, maybe have him on the bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'm just surprised Richie didn't try advocating Peter Nelson to replace Henshaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

All that said I think Toulouse have their weaknesses as shown up by Wasps in their double header in December. If Ntamack and Guitone are playing in the centres there will be acres of space as they don't defend that centre channel well. I seem to remember Daly making hay on their drift defence and just coasting past said defenders numerous times in the Ricoh. Not sure who's best to exploit those frailties in their team but i hope Ringrose is around to exploit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

stephen_n wrote: »
    If Toner is out then will Ryan be calling the lineout again? He did ok against Munster but we really need a functioning lineout this week.

It will be a first for Ryan and a big test for him if he is calling lineouts. I'm still to be convinced he can Marshall our lineout well on our own throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Henshaw's obviously a high level player, a British Lions standard player. But I think he lacks imagination. If he makes a bust he just runs as fast as he can in a straight line until he's tackled. Defenders aren't exactly kept guessing as to what he's going to do. I just don't see him scoring that try that COB scored if he got the ball in the same position

Henshaw against Toulouse last time out was like watching people trying to use a battering ram to hit a moving target. The Toulouse players had a bit too much guile for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Toulouse are a cracking side.
    If Sexton is out we have to try to play a possession game.
    Keep it tight and try starve them of possession.
    If Toner is out, I think we're in trouble.
    I don't think Henshaw should start, maybe have him on the bench!

We'll be grand with Fardy and the Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Henshaw's obviously a high level player, a British Lions standard player. But I think he lacks imagination. If he makes a bust he just runs as fast as he can in a straight line until he's tackled. Defenders aren't exactly kept guessing as to what he's going to do. I just don't see him scoring that try that COB scored if he got the ball in the same position

Henshaw against Toulouse last time out was like watching people trying to use a battering ram to hit a moving target. The Toulouse players had a bit too much guile for him

British Lion?

Now I know you're just trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

troyzer wrote: »
    British Lion?

Now I know you're just trolling.

Then why respond?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Hugo Keenan out of the Toulouse match with a collarbone injury

Hugo Keenan out of the Toulouse match with a collarbone injury

When was he in? He's not even in the European squad....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’m working Saturday so I’m also unavailable for selection.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

troyzer wrote: »
    When was he in? He's not even in the European squad....

Stop. Replying.

Is the match on Saturday on virgin media one? Thought I saw an ad, that would really suit me as it’ll mean not looking for anything dodgy in work.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Is the match on Saturday on virgin media one? Thought I saw an ad, that would really suit me as it’ll mean not looking for anything dodgy in work.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Any under 12s prop could have score that try the way Ulster were falling off tackles. Let's not pretend that was COBs greatness, it was horrendous defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Don't try and pretend you don't watch dodgy stuff in the jacks at work.....

Don't try and pretend you don't watch dodgy stuff in the jacks at work.....

Well I would lock myself into a cubicle to watch Arsenal these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

and C4
    ..although Ryle Nugent is prob commentator.
    pleasantly surprised with Heaslip. Really good on co-com.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Quotes can be good. Quotes can also be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Whoever controls Leinster's Twitter account is really trying to get the story that Johnny might be out, out there. Must have tweeted the same update from Lancaster 3 or 4 times today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

DGRulz wrote: »
    Whoever controls Leinster's Twitter account is really trying to get the story that Johnny might be out, out there. Must have tweeted the same update from Lancaster 3 or 4 times today.

GAA style mind games with Toulouse. Sexton was shown running with rest of squad on VM news clip

Toner and Henshaw were on sideline munching on Apples (not the iphone variety)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ross Byrne's pin point crossfield kicks to Adam Byrne vs Cheslin Kolbe would be some situation though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement