Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Suspectman123

Dubinusa wrote: »
    There's 2 Hope's of ROL starting on the wing ahead of Larmour.
    Bob Hope and no hope.
    I would go with Reid at 12 also.

Healy
    Treacy
    Furlong
    Ryan
    Toner / Fardy
    Ruddock
    VDF
    Conan

Luke McGrath
    Sexton / Byrne
    Larmour
    Reid
    Ringrose
    AB
    RK

Cronin
    McGrath
    Porter
    Fardy / Molony
    Leavy
    JGP
    Byrne / Frawley
    ROL

ROL will start 12, played a super game against bath in that position and seems to compliment Ringrose really well
    Couldn’t see Reid at 12, playing well but not HC standard
    Cronin nailed on starter too, playing very well and imo Tracy will be pushed for bench spot by Bryne who I think is a far more rounded player, throwing has improved too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Think I'd go for:

1. Cian Healy
    2. James Tracy
    3. Tadhg Furlong
    4. Devin Toner
    5. James Ryan
    6. Rhys Ruddock
    7. Dan Leavy
    8. Jack Conan
    9. Luke McGrath
    10. Ross Byrne
    11. Rory O'Loughlin
    12. Conor O'Brien
    13. Garry Ringrose
    14. Adam Byrne
    15. Robert Kearney

16. Bryan Byrne
    17. Edward Byrne
    18. Andrew Porter
    19. Scott Fardy
    20. Max Deegan
    21. Jamison Gibson-Park
    22. Ciarán Frawley
    23. Jordan Larmour

I’d put Leavy at 6 and VDF at 7, he’s too good not to start

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

vienne86 wrote: »
    Anyone else going to the Wasps game? Four of us are heading over. Just wondering if anyone has got their tickets yet?

Just checked when I got home as I couldn’t remember if they arrived. I ordered mine through the OLSC and nothing arrived yet, unless I’m losing my marbles completely of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

stephen_n wrote: »
    Just checked when I got home as I couldn’t remember if they arrived. I ordered mine through the OLSC and nothing arrived yet, unless I’m losing my marbles completely of course.

Guy I work with got his in the post yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I would be surprised if it wasn't Ruddock on the bench with VDF and Leavy starting. That appears to be the pecking order going on the European games to date barring injuries.

Given the nature of this game and the opposition, I think it has to be those two also. With Fardy likely to start, part of Ruddock's game will be covered by him anyway.

I would love if Toner made it though. Being able to bring McGrath, Porter, Fardy, Ruddock and JGP into the game for the final 20 minutes would be a massive boost.

Sexton confirmed out anyway.

If Toner is out as predicted it will impact what we do in the backrow. Perfect game for Jordi Murphy if he was still knocking around.

I dunno, I don't think this will be all that close. We did 90% of the work to break them down in Toulouse but couldn't find that last little bit to get out of sight of them. I think we'll bonus point them on Saturday inside 60 minutes.

4 - 1 will do but 5 - 0 put's us in a much cleaner position given the final round fixtures.

If Toner is out as predicted it will impact what we do in the backrow. Perfect game for Jordi Murphy if he was still knocking around.

I dunno, I don't think this will be all that close. We did 90% of the work to break them down in Toulouse but couldn't find that last little bit to get out of sight of them. I think we'll bonus point them on Saturday inside 60 minutes.

4 - 1 will do but 5 - 0 put's us in a much cleaner position given the final round fixtures.

Come on don’t get too cocky now, last time we went to play Toulouse no one gave them a chance and they went and beat us, I think this will be a very close game and Leinster will just about win it at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

I wish I shared your optimism..
    I do think they have pushed on from when they played us last.

Come on don’t get too cocky now, last time we went to play Toulouse no one gave them a chance and they went and beat us, I think this will be a very close game and Leinster will just about win it at the end

A bonus point win would surprise no one.
    scott1974 wrote: »
    I wish I shared your optimism..
    I do think they have pushed on from when they played us last.

I'm not overly concerned about this season because we won everything on offer last year. I think my optimism is fuelled in part by an absence of concern.

Still think our pack took them to the cleaners for much of the game in Toulouse and uncharacteristic sloppiness was our downfall. I just don't see that happening on Saturday, albeit the weather had want to improve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

"No one gave them a chance" is very much not true. Leinster were favourites though.

Anyway, sod it. As far as I'm concerned we were one intercepted pass away from completing a bonus point win over them away from home. We should be able to handle them at home.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    "No one gave them a chance" is very much not true. Leinster were favourites though.

Anyway, sod it. As far as I'm concerned we were one intercepted pass away from completing a bonus point win over them away from home. We should be able to handle them at home.

As long as Luke McGrath doesn’t give away an intercept pass again, we should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

As long as Luke McGrath doesn’t give away an intercept pass again, we should be fine

Was he trying to milk a penalty at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'm not as confident now Sexton is out. Especially as we're also without Henshaw and Lowe. They're three world class players. If the pack isn't disrupted to the same extent we'll probably still win, but it won't be with a try bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

The Toulouse game was a shock. But it was also an incredible close game on a terrible pitch.

Ross Byrne will do excellently if he starts, as will Fardy.

I don't think the influence of a sell out RDS where the crowd know what Toulouse will bring has been stated enough. Home advantage will be massive.

Leinster currently 11 point favourites. Which I think is fair. I don't think there'll be a bonus point.

This is shaping up to be one of the classics!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

If Toner is out I'd like to see Kearney in the 23. Think he deserves it based on his performances of late.

If not I'd imagine it'll be Ruddock covering 2nd row off the bench and Deegan into the 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

baas baa wrote: »
    If Toner is out I'd like to see Kearney in the 23. Think he deserves it based on his performances of late.

If not I'd imagine it'll be Ruddock covering 2nd row off the bench and Deegan into the 23.

Kearney has really shown some serious graft this season and has really impressed me.

However he averages about 1 dropped ball a game and it's infuriating. I know he really tries to take the ball on at pace but the amount of times he has spilled the ball is striking.

European rugby the chances don't come as often. Can't lose the ball that cheaply

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Zzippy wrote: »
    Guy I work with got his in the post yesterday.

Got an email this morning saying they’re going out in the post today. Hopefully An Post can manage to deliver them within a week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Interesting Rynhardt Elstadt has been cited after Toulouse's game against Agen... but the hearing isn't until the 16th of Jan.
    Swift justice....not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

scott1974 wrote: »
    Interesting Rynhardt Elstadt has been cited after Toulouse's game against Agen... but the hearing isn't until the 16th of Jan.
    Swift justice....not!!
    Thats how the french league discipline system works. Think they do discipline meetings after every two league weekends not every week to save time/resources(??) by not having meetings after every weekend of games as usually a lot of citings between T14/PD2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Guys any spare ticket for tomorrow. Gave my 2 away as was meant to be away no I’m home and without. 1 anywhere will do.

Leinster Rugby ‘A’

15. Rob Russell
    14. Gavin Mullin
    13. Jimmy O’Brien
    12. David Hawkshaw
    11. Tommy O’Brien
    10. Harry Byrne
    9. Patrick Patterson
    1. Peter Dooley
    2. Ronan Kelleher CAPTAIN
    3. Vakh Abdaladze
    4. Oisín Dowling
    5. Josh Murphy
    6. Martin Moloney
    7. Scott Penny
    8. Ronan Watters

16. Daniel Sheehan
    17. Michael Milne
    18. Jack Aungier
    19. Brian Deeney
    20. Cian Prendergast
    21. Cormac Foley
    22. Liam Turner
    23. Hugo Conway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Who is Rob Russell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Who is Rob Russell?
    ....google.....

he was Leinster u19s this season. Was in Michaels. Now playing Trinity i think

Who is Rob Russell ?

Graduated from St Michael’s in 2017, was sub on their cup team, he plays for Trinity and he’s an under 20 because he was born in 1999

....google.....

he was Leinster u19s this season. Was in Michaels. Now playing Trinity i think

U20*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Would he be near Irish u20 squads? Haven’t seen his name mentioned before

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I don't know many of that side.
    What is it, a warm up for the u20's?

• Advertisement

Would he be near Irish u20 squads? Haven’t seen his name mentioned before

No he wouldn’t be near to the team to be honest, might be in the extended squad but wouldn’t get game time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement