Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Would he be near Irish u20 squads? Haven’t seen his name mentioned before

U20's are you mad, he must be near the RWC squad at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Dubinusa wrote: »
    I don't know many of that side.
    What is it, a warm up for the u20's?
    A team friendly against Munster as discussed in the other threads....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Would he be near Irish u20 squads? Haven’t seen his name mentioned before

Doubt it, don't think he's been part of any of the national underage teams.

He's had a few decent games for Trinity in the AIL, played quite well for their U20s last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Mullin on the wing?
    No Baird or Dunne?
    Dowling must be rated higher.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

I don't know many of that side.
    What is it, a warm up for the u20's?

Only a few of them are u20s, the game is probably to give game time to players who will be playing in the u20s 6 nations in a few weeks

• Advertisement

Mullin on the wing?
    No Baird or Dunne?

Baird is injured and might be a doubt for the six nations, not sure about Dunne tbh

Mullin on the wing?
    No Baird or Dunne?

Mullin on the wing could be a potienal option for the future, he seems like a versatile player

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

It's good to see Aungier getting some minutes!
    I reckon J.O.B will be signed. He looks very promising.
    On another topic, it appears the Tigers are going after Taute. So, Reid may stay put, or go to another province.
    I think Ulster would be a good fit for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Reid is being looked at to replace Toomua I.e. a 10/12. Taute is a 13.

Also, that's a ridiculously callow A side. Is it all academy or sub academy in the starting team outside of Murphy, Dooley and Vakh?

Buer wrote: »
    Reid is being looked at to replace Toomua I.e. a 10/12. Taute is a 13.

Also, that's a ridiculously callow A side. Is it all academy or sub academy in the starting team outside of Murphy, Dooley and Vakh?

All academy in the starting 15 except for Martin Molony, Ronan Waters and Rob Russel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Mullin on the wing?
    No Baird or Dunne?

I wouldn't read too much into that. Downing has been in the Academy longer than the other 2 so is probably being given his fair share of gametime to prove himself. Correct me if I'm wrong he's played most of his rugby for Lansdowne in the AIL and not for Leinster this and in previous seasons? If so it would be unfair not to give him some gametime for Leinster A before his Academy contract is up

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

CMcsporty wrote: »

The way Zeebs almost nearly stopped Larmour in that vid is proof according to my Munster neighbours of exactly what Schmidt is missing in not picking Zebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

antietam1 wrote: »
    The way Zeebs almost nearly stopped Larmour in that vid is proof according to my Munster neighbours of exactly what Schmidt is missing in not picking Zebo.

Yeah 2018 would have been much better. We might have won a slam, a series in Aus and beat NZ if Zebo was pic... oh wait

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Yeah 2018 would have been much better. We might have won a slam, a series in Aus and beat NZ if Zebo was pic... oh wait

If Zebo was playing we would of won the test series 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

....google.....

he was Leinster u19s this season. Was in Michaels. Now playing Trinity i think

He was Leinster u20 this season. If you check out the Leinster Rugby website and google and other online sources, you can learn more about him Lost Sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

DonVito wrote: »
    He was Leinster u20 this season. If you check out the Leinster Rugby website and google and other online sources, you can learn more about him Lost Sheep.
    I dont need to thanks and 19s was typo. knew he was 20s and i really dont care that much...

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If Zebo was playing we would of won the test series 3-0

Have you any facts to back up that claim or are you just pulling it out of your arse?

Zebo wouldn't have been in the team if he stuck around because Earls and Stockdale have performed far better than Zebo has in an Ireland shirt.

He had a self-entitled and attitude problem, saw his future and decided to look after his family and left. People need to shut up about Zebo and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Kearney, Henshaw and Sexton out for tomorrow according to the Times..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

scott1974 wrote: »
    Kearney, Henshaw and Sexton out for tomorrow according to the Times..

Rob Kearney? That's us goosed.

• Advertisement

scott1974 wrote: »

All we can hope for now is that the backline doesn't leak tries and the forwards get it done.

Getting really, really nervous about this one. If Leinster lose tomorrow, even with a bonus point, next week will be absolutely critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

crisco10 wrote: »
    Jaysus, things getting tight! (starting to feel like 2012/2013 a tad!)

Although looking at his probable team - is Daly even in Euro squad??

No, he's not. Good spot, I checked on the EPCR website.

The only wings on the list are Byrne, Larmour, McFadden, O'Loughlin, D.Kearney, R. Kearney, Lowe and apparentely Ringrose.

Larmour is needed at fullback, McFadden is injured, I think Dave Kearney is injured, Rob Kearney is injured, Lowe is suspended and we need Ringrose in midfield.

Leinster are absolutely devestated in the backline. It's going to have to be Byrne and O'Loughlin with a Reid/O'Brien and Ringrose centre pairing. 23 will go to whoever of Reid/O'Brien isn't starting. So O'Brien will almost certainly make his European debut tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Lads all will go well. Just get COB in the centre for the match day team and he will run a mock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Wow, that is a nightmare.

In that situation the forwards have to boss it. Problem with that is that our lineout without Toner is considerably less effective.

Very nervous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Well my buttcheeks have just clenched significantly more tightly. I'll take any sort of win now.

We legitimately may have a back line of McGrath, Byrne, ROL, Reid, Ringrose, Byrne and Larmour.

Dave Kearney resumed training this week so should be in contention for selection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Heymans wrote: »
    Lads all will go well. Just get COB in the centre for the match day team and he will run a mock

amok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

A mock is suggesting that beating the Ulster B's is proof that you can hold your own against the Toulouse A team

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 GavLad

Heymans wrote: »
    I wouldn't read too much into that. Downing has been in the Academy longer than the other 2 so is probably being given his fair share of gametime to prove himself. Correct me if I'm wrong he's played most of his rugby for Lansdowne in the AIL and not for Leinster this and in previous seasons? If so it would be unfair not to give him some gametime for Leinster A before his Academy contract is up

Baird and Dunne are injured.

Which is why Murphy is starting at lock and there is two u19 locks on the bench.

Dowling has played a mixture of AIL with Lansdowne and A rugby since his 20's season like every academy player.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 GavLad

Leinster Rugby ‘A’

15. Rob Russell(u20/St. Michaels/DUFC) - Sub-Academy
    14. Gavin Mullin(21/Blackrock/UCD) - Academy Year 2
    13. Jimmy O’Brien(22/Newbridge/UCD) - Academy Year 3
    12. David Hawkshaw(u20/Belvedere/Clontarf) - Academy Year 1
    11. Tommy O’Brien(u21/Blackrock/UCD) - Academy Year 2
    10. Harry Byrne(u20/St. Michaels/Lansdowne) - Academy Year 1
    9. Patrick Patterson(u21/Blackrock/UCD) - Academy Year 1
    1. Peter Dooley(24/Birr RFC/Lansdowne) - Senior
    2. Ronan Kelleher(u21/St. Michaels/Lansdowne) - Academy Year 2 CAPTAIN
    3. Vakh Abdaladze(22/Coolmine RFC/Clontarf) - Senior
    4. Oisín Dowling(21/St. Michaels/Lansdowne) - Academy Year 2
    5. Josh Murphy(23/St. Michaels/UCD) - Senior
    6. Martin Moloney(u20/Athy RFC/Old Belvedere) - Sub-Academy
    7. Scott Penny(u20/St. Michaels/UCD) - Academy Year 1
    8. Ronan Watters(u20/St. Marys/St. Marys) - Sub-Academy

16. Daniel Sheehan(u21/Clongowes/DUFC) - Academy Year 1
    17. Michael Milne(u20/Roscrea/UCD) - Academy Year 1
    18. Jack Aungier(u21/Suttonians RFC/Terenure) - Academy Year 2
    19. Brian Deeney(u19/Wexford RFC/Clontarf) - Sub-Academy
    20. Cian Prendergast(u19/Newbridge/UCD) - Sub-Academy
    21. Cormac Foley(u20/St. Gerards/St. Marys) - Sub-Academy
    22. Liam Turner(u20/Blackrock/DUFC) - Sub-Academy
    23. Hugo Conway(u20/St. Marys/St. Marys) - Sub-Academy

Leinster have 3 senior contracted players with a total of 75 caps, along with 9 caps from academy players. Making 84 total leinster caps in team.

Ian Keatley who is on the Munster bench has over 250 senior caps between Munster & Connacht and he is just one of 12 senior players in Munster A side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement