Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

excellent maul try for leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Bloody hell, that was a handy bit of play from the 9 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

No idea how they managed to get out of their 22 back there. Mental stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Some of the Leinster carries there were bloody good. Hard, direct and effective.

another good maul and some line bashing and leinster over again....

21 - 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Good try. Patient work there by the pack, anyone know what minuite the game is in roughly?

Good try. Patient work there by the pack, anyone know what minuite the game is in roughly?

id guess around 55?

Who’s at 10 for Leinster now. Why were they faffing about in their 22 there rather than clearing their lines earlier. Dumb.

https://youtu.be/AX6guxshVkU
    Leinster A v Munster A live
    Excellent

Just ended :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ouch. Horrible passage by Cormac Foley on at scrum half. Misses his target on his 5m line and then blocked down a phase later when Leinster tidy up to concede a try.

That'll be game barring a major screw up from Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

scores going in quick now one for Munster there and 2/3 mins later one for Leinster

And that's it 26 - 22 to Munster

Good response.

And Leinster go down and score a 7 pointer immediately after the conversion was missed. Mad game.

FINAL SCORE 26 - 22

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Brilliant offload from the Hawkshaw to jimmy o brien and then giving to pass to penny to offload it to Russell for the try, great team work

Given the Leinster 23 that isn’t a bad scoreline at all.

molloyjh wrote: »

Thought they played a lot better towards the end, who knows what the score could of been if the team that finished the game started

I'm very happy with the result. There was a gulf in experience between the sides. If Leinster were more clinical, they could have won. Went to touch more than once instead of 3 points and got nothing. Also Murphy had to play 8 from early on with Brian Deeney on at lock due to an injury.

I was quite impressed with some of the subs. Lineout looked far more slick with Sheehan on than it did with Kelleher and got in for a try. Aungier also looked much more comfortable in the scrum than I recall although he wasn't against Liam O'Connor for the most part.

Backs mixed the good with some very poor errors. With the age profile there though, there is massive scope for development.

Buer wrote: »
    I'm very happy with the result. There was a gulf in experience between the sides. If Leinster were more clinical, they could have won. Went to touch more than once instead of 3 points and got nothing. Also Murphy had to play 8 from early on with Brian Deeney on at lock due to an injury.

I was quite impressed with some of the subs. Lineout looked far more slick with Sheehan on than it did with Kelleher and got in for a try. Aungier also looked much more comfortable in the scrum than I recall although he wasn't against Liam O'Connor for the most part.

Backs mixed the good with some very poor errors. With the age profile there though, there is massive scope for development.

Only saw bits as I’m lookin after the little one. Def some sloppy stuff from the back line. Was Vakh in for the full 80?

Only saw bits as I’m lookin after the little one. Def some sloppy stuff from the back line. Was Vakh in for the full 80?

No, Aungier came on early second half and went ok. Vakh didn't do much whilst on although it's hard to tell given he was part of a far greener and smaller front five

• Advertisement

Nope he came off early enough in the game, can’t remember what time he came off at

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Open usual hours. can serve from 10.30 so how much earlier you expecting?

Nah, that is perfect. Cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

No, Aungier came on early second half and went ok. Vakh didn't do much whilst on although it's hard to tell given he was part of a far greener and smaller front five

The starting front 5 was neither greener nor smaller, even after the early sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Jaysus, I thought I was watching a live stream,well from the first few minutes, if either team could secure their own lineout they would have walked to victory

the markov chain lineouts are only matched by the brownian motion of the players

Jaysus, I thought I was watching a live stream,well from the first few minutes, if either team could secure their own lineout they would have walked to victory

the markov chain lineouts are only matched by the brownian motion of the players

¿Que?

No structure, but then munster actually successfully won a lineout and scored a try!

No structure, but then munster actually successfully won a lineout and scored a try!

A lot of the group of Leinster lads weren’t too familiar with each other and don’t know each other’s player profile yet, they will improve over time

A lot of the group of Leinster lads weren’t too familiar with each other and don’t know each other’s player profile yet, they will improve over time

Ah yeah it must be hard never playing with the same guys. Harry byrne cleared a ball inches over the touchline(a good 40m) in the first half from his own twenty two, picking a loose ball off the ground, being charged down, running backward and blindly over his shoulder, that was pretty sweet, he also had a few mis-queues

D14Rugby wrote: »

The starting front 5 was neither greener nor smaller, even after the early sub.

There's a notable difference between them in experience. Guys like KOB have been in multiple ECC match day squads. Parker and DOS have also appeared in them. Even Liam O'Connor has made his Champions Cup debut.

Take Dooley out and the Leinster front five was comparatively inexperienced and he is only 24. Throw in Murphy moving and we had an academy and sub academy player in the second row.

Munster were far more experience in the full pro set up and it was clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Stainalert

There's a notable difference between them in experience. Guys like KOB have been in multiple ECC match day squads. Parker and DOS have also appeared in them. Even Liam O'Connor has made his Champions Cup debut.

Take Dooley out and the Leinster front five was comparatively inexperienced and he is only 24. Throw in Murphy moving and we had an academy and sub academy player in the second row.

Munster were far more experience in the full pro set up and it was clear.

How was Oisin Dowling?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement