Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Dooley must have higher ambitions than being 4th choice for Leinster, if he was at munster he'd be benching in Europe tonight and he'd be first choice for Ulster.
    Is Healy tied down post world cup?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

case885 wrote: »
    Dooley must have higher ambitions than being 4th choice for Leinster, if he was at munster he'd be benching in Europe tonight and he'd be first choice for Ulster.

Do you think he’s that good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

No, he's out of contract after the world cup.

I imagine Dooley knows that and possibly fancies his chances of pushing Byrne out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Do you think he’s that good ?

Better than Loughman and O Sullivan yes, he'd be behind Cronin at Munster though.

Better than Loughman and O Sullivan yes, he'd be behind Cronin at Munster though.

Suppose, would get way more game time up in Ulster and even Munster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Buer wrote: »
    There's a notable difference between them in experience. Guys like KOB have been in multiple ECC match day squads. Parker and DOS have also appeared in them. Even Liam O'Connor has made his Champions Cup debut.

Take Dooley out and the Leinster front five was comparatively inexperienced and he is only 24. Throw in Murphy moving and we had an academy and sub academy player in the second row.

Munster were far more experience in the full pro set up and it was clear.

Oh I thought you meant the Leinster front 5 was greener when he was on than when he was off not that it was greener than the munster one

Leinster fans - would ye swap back line named for tomorrow's game with munsters back line tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Leinster fans - would ye swap back line named for tomorrow's game with munsters back line tonight?

its a very weakened leinster backline - Ringrose and Larmour - Byrne and Carberry are close

thebaz wrote: »

its a very weakened leinster backline - Ringrose and Larmour - Byrne and Carberry are close

I'm not sure. It's a 50/50 for me but I'd probably lean towards Munster.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That munster back line, coached by stu and the doc though......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

troyzer wrote: »
    I'm not sure. It's a 50/50 for me but I'd probably lean towards Munster.

I'm not really sure what the point of this is. A Leinster backline missing 4 starting players plus some backups (e.g. McFadden would be starting if he was available, but he isn't so we're stuck with DK) and you might lean towards a Munster backline missing none?

So what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I'm not really sure what the point of this is. A Leinster backline missing 4 starting players plus some backups (e.g. McFadden would be starting if he was available, but he isn't so we're stuck with DK) and you might lean towards a Munster backline missing none?

So what?

There is no point

It’s called a troll, copying and pasting the same answer onto multiple thread to try and get a reaction

Better off sticking on ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Lads looking for 1 spare anywhere if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That was the best performance of the season considering who we were missing in the backline. Ringrose took on the responsibility of being the creative fulcrum, but also remained a running threat. He's the best outside centre in Europe for me.

Also the pack was quality today. In terms of the tight collisions I think both sides were pretty equal. But Leinster's forwards were phenomenal at the ruck. Didn't give an opportunity to disrupt. That was the big difference for me. In the last game we were fought out by their physicality and disrupting tactics. We were tuned in to that and bossed it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Ulster winning by more than 7 opens door to potentially home semi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ulster winning by more than 7 opens door to potentially home semi?

It does indeed. Hopefully they can hold on and Racing leave with nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Really performance from Jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Racing with a try bonus point already. They're 23 22 down with 15 minutes to go. The way Ulster are tackling I can't see anything but a Racing win here

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

Leinster are now guaranteed a spot in the final 8.it's just a matter of where.

The second team in Munsters group can't catch us. And either one of Edinburgh /Montpellier will have to drop points next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

The second team in Munsters group can't catch us. And either one of Edinburgh /Montpellier will have to drop points next weekend.

Looking like #3 seed which would probably be an away semi. Cant see them coming #1 or #2 now. Racing will beat Scarlets at home and Saracens should beat Lyon away and Glasgow at home.

• Advertisement

Looking like #3 seed which would probably be an away semi. Cant see them coming #1 or #2 now. Racing will beat Scarlets at home and Saracens should beat Lyon away and Glasgow at home.

Saracens have been ropey lately. They've only won one game from the last three.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Leinster win next week is 3rd seed and we are last to play so will know what is needed. Ulster win makes them best runner up too

Only way for top 2 seed is Lyon win tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

troyzer wrote: »
    Saracens have been ropey lately. They've only won one game from the last three.

Fingers crossed that form continues!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I hope McGrath isn't badly injured, but the fact he was stretchered off suggests he'll be out for a while.

Now we're facing the same NIQ dilemma as last season. JGP has to play as he's our only senior scrum half. So who gets picked between Fardy and Lowe? Lowe is our most dangerous back. We just look so threatening when he's playing. But I don't think Fardy can be dropped. He's excellent in the tight. Was one of our best players today and imo our best forward last season.

If it's Lowe that's dropped at least we have some decent wings to replace him. Byrne and Kearney both scored today. Byrne especially has been in great form since his reintroduction to the senior side. Wasn't that long ago he wasn't making squads and playing for the A side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Clegg wrote: »
    I hope McGrath isn't badly injured, but the fact he was stretchered off suggests he'll be out for a while.

Now we're facing the same NIQ dilemma as last season. JGP has to play as he's our only senior scrum half. So who gets picked between Fardy and Lowe? Lowe is our most dangerous back. We just look so threatening when he's playing. But I don't think Fardy can be dropped. He's excellent in the tight. Was one of our best players today and imo our best forward last season.

Worth bearing in mind that he will still, almost definitely, be only on the bench though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If Toner and Ryan are available then I’d say Fardy misses out. DK has s good game today and did the excellent for his try but Lowe is too good and now well rested.

If it's Lowe that's dropped at least we have some decent wings to replace him. Byrne and Kearney both scored today. Byrne especially has been in great form since his reintroduction to the senior side. Wasn't that long ago he wasn't making squads and playing for the A side.

It might not be a big dilemma.

The quarters are 10 weeks away. That's enough time to recover from a lot of injuries. That's the only real game of consequence. He'd be gone the next two months anyway so assuming he's back by the quarters, the only games he'd be missing would be Wasps next week (we'll be fine) and one or two games in the Pro14. Which don't really matter.

Never nice to see such an important player injured but assuming it's not a season ending injury, he's not really going to be missed. Just the way the chips are falling.

Ireland on the other hand.....

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

In a way I'd actually prefer to see Leinster have to go away in the semis and do it the hard way. I think it's the type of challenge that this side would relish and would bring out a whole other level of performance from them. Plus the frequency with which Leinster and the bulk of the side play in the Aviva takes away some of the gloss off a fixture there IMO.

baas baa wrote: »
    In a way I'd actually prefer to see Leinster have to go away in the semis and do it the hard way. I think it's the type of challenge that this side would relish and would bring out a whole other level of performance from them. Plus the frequency with which Leinster and the bulk of the side play in the Aviva takes away some of the gloss off a fixture there IMO.

It's all about the money honey.

A home semi final in Lansdowne pays for another NIQ signing in the summer on its own.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He wasn't stretcered off, he walked off aided

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement