Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

troyzer wrote: »
    It's all about the money honey.

A home semi final in Lansdowne pays for another NIQ signing in the summer on its own.

I'm not suggesting it should be any other way. Just that it puts Leinster in an advantageous position in comparison to other sides.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

A home semi final in Lansdowne pays for another NIQ signing in the summer on its own.

Think EPCR take everything from the semi.

Would be interesting to see where Racing would be sent to play their semi-final actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Clegg wrote: »
    I hope McGrath isn't badly injured, but the fact he was stretchered off suggests he'll be out for a while.

Now we're facing the same NIQ dilemma as last season. JGP has to play as he's our only senior scrum half. So who gets picked between Fardy and Lowe? Lowe is our most dangerous back. We just look so threatening when he's playing. But I don't think Fardy can be dropped. He's excellent in the tight. Was one of our best players today and imo our best forward last season.

If it's Lowe that's dropped at least we have some decent wings to replace him. Byrne and Kearney both scored today. Byrne especially has been in great form since his reintroduction to the senior side. Wasn't that long ago he wasn't making squads and playing for the A side.

He wasn't stretcered off, he walked off aided
    Really? I was down the far end from where it happened so couldn't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

They brought on the stretcher car. But he was helped off the field by two team physios. They didn't use a stretcher in the end.

Still didn't look like he was going to play any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,682 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

JGP is more than capable of stepping up as we know, the real question is O'Sullivan ready if he needs to be called in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Clegg wrote: »
    Really? I was down the far end from where it happened so couldn't see.

He hobbled off but it was almost a point of pride from where I was. I fear the worst there. He's a super player I hope he's back ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

He hobbled off but it was almost a point of pride from where I was. I fear the worst there. He's a super player I hope he's back ASAP.

He was on crutches after the game, so not looking too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

McGrath was not in a good way going into the dressing rooms. It looked serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

McGrath was not in a good way going into the dressing rooms. It looked serious.

He was having a great game too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

EPCR organises the semi and takes all of the gate receipts. Both teams get a fee for turning up. I believe ours goes straight to the IRFU.

Leinster make more from the quarters. The Munster match and the December pool match are where they make the serious money.

Edit: I think the IRFU takes two thirds from semi final pot money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,379 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Re-watching the game, never realised how much of a lanky **** Byrne is. Taller than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Is the match online?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Peregrine wrote: »
    EPCR organises the semi and takes all of the gate receipts. Both teams get a fee for turning up. I believe ours goes straight to the IRFU.

Leinster make more from the quarters. The Munster match and the December pool match are where they make the serious money.

There are meritocratic payments for reaching the semi final and final that go to the IRFU.

You are completely right though, in that it doesn't matter if you're home or away.

Good to have home knockout games for other reasons though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Peregrine wrote: »

There are meritocratic payments for reaching the semi final and final that go to the IRFU.

You are completely right though, in that it doesn't matter if you're home or away.

Good to have home knockout games for other reasons though.

Hmm, didn't know that.

Well what's good for the goose (IRFU) is good for the gander (Leinster). The IRFU would get to double dip with this fee and the cost of renting the grounds as well.

Must be worth at least half a million when the FAI and expenses take their share.

Hmm, didn't know that.

Well what's good for the goose (IRFU) is good for the gander (Leinster). The IRFU would get to double dip with this fee and the cost of renting the grounds as well.

Must be worth at least half a million when the FAI and expenses take their share.

The FAI don't go near the meritocratic payment.

None of it goes directly to Leinster. Nor would Munster's go to Munster etc.

Hmm, didn't know that.

The FAI don't go near the meritocratic payment.

None of it goes directly to Leinster. Nor would Munster's go to Munster etc.

The rental fee would be split with the FAI I would have thought?

I'm not suggesting that the IRFU shuffles the money back to Leocaster. I'm just saying that if the IRFU is financially strong, Leinster still benefit. Even if indirectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I'm not suggesting that the IRFU shuffles the money back to Leocaster. I'm just saying that if the IRFU is financially strong, Leinster still benefit. Even if indirectly.

Aviva is run by separate company. Fee goes to that company

Enter "Aviva stadium" into search for company name
    https://search.cro.ie/company/CompanySearch.aspx

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Aviva is run by separate company. Fee goes to that company

Enter "Aviva stadium" into search for company name
    https://search.cro.ie/company/CompanySearch.aspx

Yes but isn't the stadium ownership split between the IRFU and FAI?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep, ultimately 50/50.

The rental fee, yes, but there's no real money in that.

You're right, everyone benefits when the IRFU get these extra payments. I'd imagine it'd potentially even benefit other provinces more, but that's ultimately benefits everyone. Provinces regularly reaching the knockout stages is a great thing (can't remember off the top of my head what the target was set at, but if it was 3 this year that's definitely ahead of the budget).

• Advertisement

Yep, 50/50.

Right, so ultimately all of its income is paid out to both of them.

Meaning that half of the money EPCR pays to rent Lansdowne for the semi final inevitably goes to the FAI. Even if it's only paid out as a dividend at the end of the year.

Meaning that half of the money EPCR pays to rent Lansdowne for the semi final inevitably goes to the FAI. Even if it's only paid out as a dividend at the end of the year.

Pretty sure the FAI's money just goes towards paying for their side of the costs of the stadium! I think they still have a long way to go... :o

I'm not sure on this end of it.

I believe that each union gets x days or events per year for the stadium and those days are recoverable for the specific union.

What they would split 50/50 is gigs or non rugby/football events.

This works better as it gives autonomy to each union as the rugby generally gets full houses (6N, November series) whereas the FAI gets attendances around 20-30k at times

So an ECPR rental falls into the IRFU remit whereas a UEFA rental for example falls on the other sides allocation.

The money goes into these companies for the operational running and maintenance of the stadium. I doubt anything much gets paid out

When there is concerts or soccer games such as Liverpool etc the Aviva gets the fee. IRFU benefit from that. It cuts both ways

I'm not sure on this end of it.

I believe that each union gets x days or events per year for the stadium and those days are recoverable for the specific union.

What they would split 50/50 is gigs or non rugby/football events.

This works better as it gives autonomy to each union as the rugby generally gets full houses (6N, November series) whereas the FAI gets attendances around 20-30k at times

So an ECPR rental falls into the IRFU remit whereas a UEFA rental for example falls on the other sides allocation.

Think i read before that

- FAI senior internationals
    - FAI Cup and Junior cup final days
    - 6n Matches
    - AIs
    - AIL Finals

Are covered by agreement. Every other event is not covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Gerry thirnley discussed it before. For each qtr and semi in Aviva the IRFU will take home 1 mil, full house required

Hence why last season with the 6 nations win and the 2 Leinster European games the IRFu made more money than expected

The FAI if they do get anything it is very little....

I saw the Racing score before I read about the game and couldn't believe they got 4 tries with a score of only 22 !

ih17pg.jpg

Assuming we'll be third by the end of the weekend with Sarries likely winning, it'll be important to put Wasps to the sword next week in the Ricoh. Theyre in fairly rank form having won only one game since November and you'd assume they'd put a weakened team out next week although they may be fighting for pride.

On a side note, Ulster have done incredibly well to be more or less qualified after their start to the competition when they looked dead and buried.

ih17pg.jpg

Assuming we'll be third by the end of the weekend with Sarries likely winning, it'll be important to put Wasps to the sword next week in the Ricoh. Theyre in fairly rank form having won only one game since November and you'd assume they'd put a weakened team out next week although they may be fighting for pride.

On a side note, Ulster have done incredibly well to be more or less qualified after their start to the competition when they looked dead and buried.

Only one English team again in the quarters. Gas stuff.

There's a realistic chance of more Scottish than English teams.

What is going on in Wales? The national team is consistently there or there abouts and they have the advantage of being the only tier 1 side in the world besides New Zealand to call rugby their national game.

And yet the clubs are just chronically underperforming. And now I hear the Dragons are getting axed?

Should probably move this somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Is it 1 v 8, 2 v 7 etc with no stipulations or if say we got Toulouse would there be a switch?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement