Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

PMC83 wrote: »
    I'm sure Munster will be happy to send Alby Mathewson our way seen as Consey is back to full health!

Pretty sure he finishes with Munster in March. Whether that would be extended is another question.

We're in a funny situation at 9. We'll want to develop home grown options other than Mccarthy who is off at season end but we defo need another senior 9.

Sexton out till six nations at best so Byrne and Frawley will get loads of gametime next few weeks / months.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭jonok28

Buer wrote: »
    If JGP is injured, Leinster will be looking for someone with a lot more proven pedigree than Williams, Hart or Cronin. As someone mentioned elsewhere, I think they'd be approaching someone like Andy Ellis for a 3 month contract given the Japanese season would be over (assuming he isn't eating and drinking all around him during the off season).

I wouldn't be against going International for a replacement but I want Fardy and Lowe to be available for any game JGP isn't in, but I'm sure the IRFU would bring in a suitable player to act as cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

We're in a funny situation at 9. We'll want to develop home grown options other than Mccarthy who is off at season end but we defo need another senior 9.

Sexton out till six nations at best so Byrne and Frawley will get loads of gametime next few weeks / months.

Whats Peter Stringer doing these days

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'm moderately hopeful that HOS will become that player. He is getting some time this season and was involved in some of the interpros albeit briefly. A decent chunk of game time over the 6N could see him develop further and he's not 21 yet.

I'm not sure about Patterson. I watched the A game last week and, whilst he had some exciting breaks, his general play was quite poor with some sloppy passes missing their targets.

Regardless, we need to develop another scrum half for this exact scenario. But if we do we'll struggle to keep them all happy though as McGrath and JGP are still 25 and 26 respectively and opportunities are going to be limited for any player who steps up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Dancing with the stars :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Joey played a bit of 9 in school didn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Neil3030 wrote: »

Yep, so did Ringrose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I think we should be allowed bring back in Cooney...only fair

troyzer wrote: »
    Yep, so did Ringrose.

Of course he did. There is literally nothing that man can't do. He's probably packed down on the tighthead side a few times when teams were stuck too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mister paul

Of course he did. There is literally nothing that man can't do. He's probably packed down on the tighthead side a few times when teams were stuck too.

He refuses to, as it's be unfair on the other team, a real gent is our Garry.

He refuses to, as it's be unfair on the other team, a real gent is our Garry.

If the vote isn't passed tomorrow, he's on standby to head over to London on Wednesday and sort everything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Played everywhere for at age grade provincial level. Playing 9, 10 and 15. Not sure how much he would have played 9 in rock but played quite a bit before that at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

The whole point of playing in a different stadium is to either get fans in who struggle to make it to the home stadium as is the case with Munster and Musgrave or to try and attract new fans.

Tallaght is only a few KMs from the RDS so it's not the first reason. And while I can see the value in holding a match in a much more working class area not known for being a rugby stronghold, they won't be able to sell any tickets for the reasons I've already mentioned.

Does anyone know how Munster manage the Cork game? Is it excluded from the season ticket?
    Munster have always split games between Cork and Limerick. In early days even some european games were played in Cork. And if leinster games are to move from RDS/Donnybrook/Aviva it should be A games and any pre season games
    Believe they split their season tickets into 3 packages, European Cup, Thomond, and Independent Park.
    It isnt 3 packages. There is a wide variety of packages. you can buy european packs as well as combination of european games and other games around time of year as game

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Michael Heaney Worcester Warriors is IQ, any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Leinster put in a massive performance..
    Healy was immense as was Conan. Conan has really upped his level and he may yet make the rwc.
    Ruddock was my motm.
    Phenomenal performance.
    Awful injury for Luke. He was playing really well. His tempo was great and he kicked well. Dodgy conditions there, he made some nice kicks to touch.
    Ringrose needs to stop. Just play great, enough with the all universe performance.
    He's playing at an unprecedented level and is a worth successor to BOD.
    Still not satisfied with Larmour.
    He was very good, made his tackles, hit rucks and great on returns. But, he wasn't tested in the air!
    That's what we need to see. He's fantastic, no doubt but he's still learning.
    Hopefully, we'll get Jack McGrath back this weekend. It will bolster us and the national team.
    I think Henshaw will be on the bench this week. Having him back will be huge going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You're not satisfied with Larmour because he wasn't tested in the air? Thought he had a great game myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Synode wrote: »
    You're not satisfied with Larmour because he wasn't tested in the air? Thought he had a great game myself

If Ringrose wasn’t tested in the air he’d have kicked to himself just to add pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

When would we expect tickets to go on sale if Leinster go ahead and confirm a home semi?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

When would we expect tickets to go on sale if Leinster go ahead and confirm a home semi?
    That's quite unlikely given the points table. Unless you mean a home QF?

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    If Ringrose wasn’t tested in the air he’d have kicked to himself just to add pressure

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/airlander-10-prototype-new-model-gbr-intl/index.html

"The world's largest aircraft has been retired after six test flights, as its developers prepare to build a new, commercial model, at the request of Garry Ringrose.

The previous model can reach heights of up to 6,100 meters (16,000 feet), which Mr. Ringrose insisted was not high enough to drop balls that could really test him under pressure"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

prawnsambo wrote: »
    That's quite unlikely given the points table. Unless you mean a home QF?

Oops yeah my mistake, home quarter is what I meant!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Get Mike Phillips

Artists rendition of John Fogarty attempting to convince Mike Phillips to join Leinster:

duffy-s-boyfriend-and-welsh-rugby-international-mike-phillips-involved-in-a-night-time-altercation-in-cardiff-city-centre-outside-a-mcdonalds-image-1-903217901.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Dancing with the stars or some such celebrity nonsense on the tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Artists rendition of John Fogarty attempting to convince Mike Phillips to join Leinster:

duffy-s-boyfriend-and-welsh-rugby-international-mike-phillips-involved-in-a-night-time-altercation-in-cardiff-city-centre-outside-a-mcdonalds-image-1-903217901.jpg

That’s clearly Tadhg Furlong demonstrating his new clearout technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

There are 13,000 season ticket holders.

Tallaght's listed capacity is less than half of that. Even if you shoehorn in a few extra temporary stands you probably still wouldn't get there. You certainly wouldn't be able to get it to a point where you could start selling extra tickets.

Could Parnell Park be upgraded , with temporary stands?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Chiparus wrote: »

To what end?
    Probably not it’s far too tight a ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Leinster are specifically upgrading the RDS itself to provide more seating, better facilities and access. Additionally, there is a naming rights deal in place which you can be sure requires Leinster to play their home games there (outside of the Aviva games) .

They're going nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

While I am pro this idea because it is about a 10 minute walk from where I grew up and would make it easier to go to matches when I'm home, for literally every other reason it makes absolutely no sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement