Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bluedex

sydthebeat wrote: »
    without opening this again... but thats patently not correct

he had a vaid reason to jump for that ball... that reason is the copmetition he should expect for teh ball.... he had no divine right to wait for the ball to drop into his arms...

if anything,. the fact he was so fast and got to teh landing spot first worked against him.

he who wins the competition for teh ball deserves to have the weight of the laws on their side.... as competition for the ball is the most basic ethos of the game.
    Yes but this is already reducing aerial competition for the ball. It's noticeable how few aerial contests there have been for high balls in the last few weeks. Most players are now just waiting for the defending player to catch and land, and then tackling immediately. Anyway, its not a discussion for here - is it being discussed on the Laws thread? I didn't see anything but then I didn't check very hard either!

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Adam Byrne did a lot well on Sunday, but for him to still be biting in in defense on 2 vs 2 in defence is extremely poor for an Irish international, its literally the main reason he hasnt featured more for Leinster and Ireland -- and its not something that is hard to fix yet he keeps doing it

Its a strange thing, he's a quality player that keeps making the same error..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Deegan did well for Leinster's final try. Lovely carry and offload. He's improved a lot over the last few months after down the pecking order. I hope we see himself an Doris play at 6 and 8 while the senior players are away.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Adam Byrne did a lot well on Sunday, but for him to still be biting in in defense on 2 vs 2 in defence is extremely poor for an Irish international, its literally the main reason he hasnt featured more for Leinster and Ireland -- and its not something that is hard to fix yet he keeps doing it

Its a strange thing, he's a quality player that keeps making the same error..

People see him make the same error a few times and then assume he always makes that error. But there were plenty of occasions where he did exactly the right thing defensively, be that pushing up and in to cut off outside channels or not committing when Wasps had men over. His defence has come on a huge amount this season. But people remember the stand out stuff and often miss the good (and simple) decision making that isn’t a “big play”.

I’m very happy with Byrnes progress this season. He has work still to do, but he’s showing he’s going in the right direction.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I'm very happy with Adam Byrne this season. He still has things to work on but his attacking play is second only to Lowe for me so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Faugheen wrote: »
    I'm very happy with Adam Byrne this season. He still has things to work on but his attacking play is second only to Lowe for me so far.

I still think Larmour is a better winger but he's spending more and more time at fullback and it's clearly his long term position.

Adam Byrne's aerial game is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Dave isn’t getting enough praise IMO. He’s had 2 good outings in a row now. Been running some really good, hard lines and has been very strong in contact. He should have a good run over the 6Ns and fingers crossed stays injury free.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

bluedex wrote: »
    Most players are now just waiting for the defending player to catch and land, and then tackling immediately. !

which is perfect.... they recognise before the ball drops whether they can compete aerially or not.... so they stay down when they realise they cannot compete aerially.

it stops players jumping into the air with reckless abandon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

From EPCR Website:

Following confirmation of the Heineken Champions Cup quarter-final line-up, the possible semi-final pairings will be as follows:
    SEMI-FINAL 1 – winner of QF 1: Saracens v Glasgow Warriors will play the winner of QF 2: Edinburgh Rugby v Munster Rugby
    SEMI-FINAL 2 – winner of QF 3: Leinster Rugby v Ulster Rugby will play the winner of QF 4: Racing 92 v Toulouse
    The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR, and the following clubs will have home country advantage in their respective matches:
    SEMI-FINAL 1
    If Saracens (ranked No 1) and Edinburgh Rugby (ranked No 4) win their quarter-finals, Saracens will have home country advantage
    If Saracens (ranked No 1) and Munster Rugby (ranked No 5) win their quarter-finals, Saracens will have home country advantage
    If Edinburgh Rugby (ranked No 4) and Glasgow Warriors (ranked No 8) win their quarter-finals, the semi-final will be played in Scotland
    If Munster Rugby (ranked No 5) and Glasgow Warriors (ranked No 8) win their quarter-finals, Munster will have home country advantage
    SEMI-FINAL 2
    If Racing 92 (ranked No 2) and Leinster Rugby (ranked No 3) win their quarter-finals, Racing 92 will have home country advantage
    If Racing 92 (ranked No 2) and Ulster Rugby (ranked No 6) win their quarter-finals, Racing 92 will have home country advantage
    If Leinster Rugby (ranked No 3) and Toulouse (ranked No 7) win their quarter-finals, Leinster will have home country advantage
    If Ulster Rugby (ranked No 6) and Toulouse (ranked No 7) win their quarter-finals, Ulster will have home country advantage
    Semi-finals: 19/20/21 April
    2019 Heineken Champions Cup final: Saturday, 11 May; St James’ Park, Newcastle (17.00)

I'm a little disappointed Joe didn't bring the Steward into camp. Kearney is playing well, was part of the 2014 winning team and knows the setup and what is required.

But much more importantly it would have ignited so much drama on here, so much hate and vitriol that we would have been kept going until the Ulster Leinter build up thread kicked off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

molloyjh wrote: »
    Dave isn’t getting enough praise IMO. He’s had 2 good outings in a row now. Been running some really good, hard lines and has been very strong in contact. He should have a good run over the 6Ns and fingers crossed stays injury free.

He just works his socks off.

In the last two games, Kearney made a total of 15 tackles. For reference, Byrne made 3 and Larmour made 2. That's not something that makes the highlights or sticks in anyone's memory but it's incredibly valuable.

He showed some lovely footwork too yesterday, always made five or ten yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Clegg wrote: »
    Deegan did well for Leinster's final try. Lovely carry and offload. He's improved a lot over the last few months after down the pecking order. I hope we see himself an Doris play at 6 and 8 while the senior players are away.
    Whatever was happening at the start of the season, Deegan has definitely gotten his spot back ahead of Doris and deservedly so in my opinion. Been very strong in his last few appearances.
    molloyjh wrote: »

Agreed. His carrying has been very strong, seems to just bounce off players. His acceleration is looking good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

AdamD wrote: »
    Whatever was happening at the start of the season, Deegan has definitely gotten his spot back ahead of Doris and deservedly so in my opinion. Been very strong in his last few appearances.

Agreed. His carrying has been very strong, seems to just bounce off players. His acceleration is looking good too.

Think Doris not being in the European squad has helped Deegan get back in. Will be interesting seeing who starts at 8 during the 6N.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

stephen_n wrote: »
    Think Doris not being in the European squad has helped Deegan get back in. Will be interesting seeing who starts at 8 during the 6N.

He is in the Euro squad

https://www.epcrugby.com/club/leinster-rugby/#players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

I'm a little disappointed Joe didn't bring the Steward into camp. Kearney is playing well, was part of the 2014 winning team and knows the setup and what is required.

But much more importantly it would have ignited so much drama on here, so much hate and vitriol that we would have been kept going until the Ulster Leinter build up thread kicked off.

Your victimhood complex is intolerable. Make out your always the victim to ensure your bullying and gloating is justified.

Granny15 wrote: »

I think you take this place a bit too seriously G money

Did anybody get the email about Ulster tickets?

It says we'll be offered the same tickets we were allocated for Bath. Does that mean the ones you originally were allocated or the ones you actually received?

We upgraded and want the exact same seats if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bluedex

troyzer wrote: »

It says we'll be offered the same tickets we were allocated for Bath. Does that mean the ones you originally were allocated or the ones you actually received?

Pretty sure it means the original allocation

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

bluedex wrote: »
    troyzer wrote: »

Pretty sure it means the original allocation

That would be a kick in the balls.

Actually, I just re-read the email. They said that it's the same ticket that's on your account for the bath game when you go into ticket history.

Which in my case is the upgraded one. Sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

He's playing the nice guy and the victim when the truth is he has players associated with him bullying people and trying to display their superiority by grinning at the cameras and pulling faces whilst wearing the Irish jersey. When someone who has integrity like myself sees someone acting without it by taking advantage of their position on the Irish team it gets my goat watching Venjur playing the nice guy and the victim when the truth is the complete opposite. It's no laughing matter watch someone take advantage of their position in life to act without integrity whilst in the Irish jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

My bad, didn’t check that but assumed he wasn’t. Didn’t realize we could register that amount of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

He's playing the nice guy and the victim when the truth is he has players associated with him bullying people and trying to display their superiority by grinning at the cameras and pulling faces whilst wearing the Irish jersey. When someone who has integrity like myself sees someone acting without it by taking advantage of their position on the Irish team it gets my goat watching Venjur playing the nice guy and the victim when the truth is the complete opposite. It's no laughing matter watch someone take advantage of their position in life to act without integrity whilst in the Irish jersey
    I understand those words but that sentence makes no sense.

This has to be one of the most bizarre comments I've read on here. I remember now why I had you on ignore for so long :pac:

But that's my confirmation anyway. G to the fifteen, you're taking this anonymous online forum far too seriously.

Maybe go outside

Clegg wrote: »

I understand those words but that sentence makes no sense.

It's like he wrote it originally in English and used Google translate to change it to Japanese, then Swahali, then Spanish, then Arabic and then back into English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Venjur plays for Ireland ? :eek:

And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you pesky grannies!

paZLxwB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Let's stick to the rugby folks. Enough of the personal attacks. And get some integrity, Venjur!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Him or McFadden, it's always enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Him or McFadden, it's always enjoyable.

McFadden is still injured. He might have had a call up otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement