Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Porter, Ruddock and Adam Byrne are back with Leinster this week so should be able send a very strong team to Zebre.

Jack McGrath back too but looks not to be training, must still be injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Porter, Ruddock and Adam Byrne are back with Leinster this week so should be able send a very strong team to Zebre.

Jack McGrath back too but looks not to be training, must still be injured.

It must be a relapse or illness as he was full contact with Ireland last week.

We should be able to send a pretty solid side to Italy. The back row will be interesting given Leavy isn't back and we haven't had SOB, VDF or Conan released. I imagine some combination of Ruddock, Murphy, Deegan and Doris will cover us. I didn't see Penny in the photos so I'm not sure if he is being released for this.

A few of the less involved academy players such as Dunne, Patterson and Aungier training with the senior panel too. Would be interesting to see if any of them are involved in the next couple of games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭scrummieman

Buer wrote: »
    It must be a relapse or illness as he was full contact with Ireland last week.

We should be able to send a pretty solid side to Italy. The back row will be interesting given Leavy isn't back and we haven't had SOB, VDF or Conan released. I imagine some combination of Ruddock, Murphy, Deegan and Doris will cover us. I didn't see Penny in the photos so I'm not sure if he is being released for this.

A few of the less involved academy players such as Dunne, Patterson and Aungier training with the senior panel too. Would be interesting to see if any of them are involved in the next couple of games.

Dunne, Patterson and Aungier have been training with seniors a lot. Same with Gav Mullin and Oisin Dowling.

Tommy O'Brien, Jack Kelly and Michael Silvester are away training with Ireland 7's i'm told.

Penny went off with a knock for the 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Dunne, Patterson and Aungier have been training with seniors a lot. Same with Gav Mullin and Oisin Dowling.

Tommy O'Brien, Jack Kelly and Michael Silvester are away training with Ireland 7's i'm told.

I saw on Tommys Instagram a few days back him in a hospital bed with a knee brace on.

I really hope he hasn't done bad damage to himself

Possible team for Zebre?

Byrne, Tracy, Bent
    Molony, Kearney
    Deegan, Doris, Ruddock
    JGP, Byrne
    COB, ROL
    Lowe, Daly, Kearney
    Byrne, Dooley, Aungier, Dowling, Murphy, HOS, Frawley, Reid

• Advertisement

I would also like to see Kelleher get a debut at some stage soon also.

But I can see Tracy and Byrne getting a run out after their break.

One of the South African teams at home would be a much better opportunity for Ronan. Unless he has to, Leo doesn't tend to give debuts to the young lads in away matches

I saw on Tommys Instagram a few days back him in a hospital bed with a knee brace on.

I really hope he hasn't done bad damage to himself

I would say it's safe to assume he has. Shame.

I would say it's safe to assume he has. Shame.

I really hope his time in the academy doesn't pass him by.

I rate him a lot higher than Mullin and I think he is more skillful than COB.

Seems in the mould of ROL but more physical. Seems to be an excellent defender

I really hope his time in the academy doesn't pass him by.

I rate him a lot higher than Mullin and I think he is more skillful than COB.

Seems in the mould of ROL but more physical. Seems to be an excellent defender

hopefully he is back by preseason and gets a good clean run at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Podge_irl wrote: »
    It is not, but LI are moving back to London next year.

Small corrections. Reading is a city and they are not moving back next season, it is the season after. SOB will play next season for them when they are promoted in Reading (Season 19/20) and the real challenge is keeping them in the Premiership next season so that they are there when they move back to the new stadium in Brentford, West London.

The disaster for London Irish would be getting promoted this year (Certainty) and then getting relegated the following season and moving to their new stadium playing in the Championship. I would say that is why they are throwing large amounts of money at it. SOB with his injury record is actually a huge risk for them if he does not play lots and help keep them up. If he went to the RWC and got injured, it would be a big blow for them, he does not even join them until December so will miss the first part of their season anyways. Great deal for SOB, not sure that it is for London Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Small corrections. Reading is a city and they are not moving back next season, it is the season after. SOB will play next season for them when they are promoted in Reading (Season 19/20) and the real challenge is keeping them in the Premiership next season so that they are there when they move back to the new stadium in Brentford, West London.

The disaster for London Irish would be getting promoted this year (Certainty) and then getting relegated the following season and moving to their new stadium playing in the Championship. I would say that is why they are throwing large amounts of money at it. SOB with his injury record is actually a huge risk for them if he does not play lots and help keep them up. If he went to the RWC and got injured, it would be a big blow for them, he does not even join them until December so will miss the first part of their season anyways. Great deal for SOB, not sure that it is for London Irish

There have been a few whisperings that the reason why London Irish are going balls to the wall on marquee signings is because there has been a deal in principle between the RFU and Premiership shareholders (including London Irish as it stands) to introduce ring fencing at the end of next season.

Seen in that context, a lot of their mvoes the last few months make a LOT more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Purely out of curiosity, how many champions cup games does one need to play to be accredited with the title if your team wins?

I just noticed he has 3/4, even though he played a fairly important role to beat Exeter last year.

Purely out of curiosity, how many champions cup games does one need to play to be accredited with the title if your team wins?

I just noticed he has 3/4, even though he played a fairly important role to beat Exeter last year.

as in how many to get a medal?

as in how many to get a medal?

yes, do you have to be in the matchday squad for the final?

I dont think so, but not 100%

I would imagine all the players registered in the European Squad get a medal. Including those deregistered due to injury.

Obviously they wouldn't get it at the presentation but I would say they would get it via the club

I would imagine all the players registered in the European Squad get a medal. Including those deregistered due to injury.

Obviously they wouldn't get it at the presentation but I would say they would get it via the club

We can correct the newspaper report so, he leaves with 4(sneaky 5?) stars

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Small corrections. Reading is a city and they are not moving back next season, it is the season after.

Incorrect corrections! It is not a city and I said next year, not next season :P

It has made several bids to be recognised as a city, but none has yet succeeded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

troyzer wrote: »
    There have been a few whisperings that the reason why London Irish are going balls to the wall on marquee signings is because there has been a deal in principle between the RFU and Premiership shareholders (including London Irish as it stands) to introduce ring fencing at the end of next season.

Seen in that context, a lot of their mvoes the last few months make a LOT more sense.

Talked to a few English fans, word on the street that it will be ring fenced in some shape or form and London Irish will be included in the "new" Premiership.

Too much money flying around for clubs to drop out of it anymore so they are going to work out something. With the money London Irish now have they are part of the mix

Also the SOB signing is trying to get bums on seats and put them back the "Irish" back into them. Expect them to go around some of the fridge Irish players to sign them up as well.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Possible team for Zebre?

Byrne, Tracy, Bent
    Molony, Kearney
    Deegan, Doris, Ruddock
    JGP, Byrne
    COB, ROL
    Lowe, Daly, Kearney
    Byrne, Dooley, Aungier, Dowling, Murphy, HOS, Frawley, Reid

Would be surprised to see frawley and Reid in bench. Who'll cover back 3?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,810 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Not sure the criteria for getting a medal has ever been published. I would be surprised if simply being in the registered european squad is enough though, I'd think you'd have to be named in at least 1 match day squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

kmart6 wrote: »
    Full release

Gosh, he will be so badly missed at the World cup.

Frawley covers 15 and cover for the wing is on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Would expect Adam Byrne to feature ahead of one of the above.

McFadden has been back training for a few weeks now, would be great to see him get a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

antietam1 wrote: »
    Gosh, he will be so badly missed at the World cup.

I doubt there will be any effect on thr world cup from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Anyone any idea what the team for weekend will look like?

Something like this:

1. Ed Byrne
    2. Bryan Byrne
    3. Bent
    4. Molony
    5. Fardy
    6. Ruddock
    7. Leavy
    8. Doris

9. JGP
    10.Byrne
    11. Lowe
    12. COB
    13. ROL
    14. Daly
    15. D. Kearney

16. Tracy 17. Dooley 18. Vakh 19. Deegan 20. Frawley 21. McCarthy 22. Keenan

Heymans wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what the team for weekend will look like?

Something like this:

1. Ed Byrne
    2. Bryan Byrne
    3. Bent
    4. Molony
    5. Fardy
    6. Ruddock
    7. Leavy
    8. Doris

9. JGP
    10.Byrne
    11. Lowe
    12. COB
    13. ROL
    14. Daly
    15. D. Kearney

16. Tracy 17. Dooley 18. Vakh 19. Deegan 20. Frawley 21. McCarthy 22. Keenan

1) Can't have Fardy, JGP and Lowe.

2) Leavy is injured.

3) McCarthy is injured.

4) Keenan Is injured.

5) You have only named 22 players

:pac:

1. Jack McGrath
    2. James Tracy
    3. Andrew Porter
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Scott Fardy
    6. Max Deegan
    7. Rhys Ruddock
    8. Caelan Doris
    9. Jamison Gibson Park
    10. Ross Byrne
    11. Barry Daly
    12. Conor O'Brien
    13. Rory O'Loughlin
    14. Adam Byrne
    15. Dave Kearney
    16. Bryan Byrne
    17. Ed Byrne
    18. Michael Bent
    19. Mick Kearney
    20. Josh Murphy
    21. Hugh O'Sullivan
    22. Ciaran Frawley
    23. Noel Reid

1. Jack McGrath
    2. James Tracy
    3. Andrew Porter
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Scott Fardy
    6. Max Deegan
    7. Rhys Ruddock
    8. Caelan Doris
    9. Jamison Gibson Park
    10. Ross Byrne
    11. Barry Daly
    12. Conor O'Brien
    13. Rory O'Loughlin
    14. Adam Byrne
    15. Dave Kearney
    16. Bryan Byrne
    17. Ed Byrne
    18. Michael Bent
    19. Mick Kearney
    20. Josh Murphy
    21. Hugh O'Sullivan
    22. Ciaran Frawley
    23. Noel Reid

If we're going for a front row that strong I'd be inclined to leave Fardy out and have Lowe in

• Advertisement

If we're going for a front row that strong I'd be inclined to leave Fardy out and have Lowe in

not me, it's an away game, I want Fardy starting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement