Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Luke McGrath on the Left Wing was saying he'd hope to be back in 2-3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Wats the story with Leavy? he seems to have had a bad run of injuries.....will he be back soon ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭scrummieman

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Wats the story with Leavy? he seems to have had a bad run of injuries.....will he be back soon ?

unclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I would really like to keep him.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i think its imperative we keep him for another season.

with seanie leaving we are being left very callow in the leadership / experienced stakes ... especially during teh RWC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The Wasps thing was rumoured about a month ago. I imagine it's just a rehash of that rumour. He might go, he might stay but I doubt that article is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i think its imperative we keep him for another season.

with seanie leaving we are being left very callow in the leadership / experienced stakes ... especially during teh RWC.
    Is it? There will still be considerable numbers with plenty pro14 experience and wont all sides be callow enough in experience during WC...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Tbh I was fairly skeptical as them as a reliable source until recently but they seemed to have the Henshaw at FB and SOB move first lately. Doesn't mean they're right here though about Fardy

Is it? There will still be considerable numbers with plenty pro14 experience and wont all sides be callow enough in experience during WC...

yes it is.

Senior locks at leinster next season during WC if Fardy leaves:

Ross Molony and Mick Kearney

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

1) Can't have Fardy, JGP and Lowe.

2) Leavy is injured.

3) McCarthy is injured.

4) Keenan Is injured.

5) You have only named 22 players

:pac:

What a way to baptize my coming back to the forum.

With a post full of errors. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I'd like to see Fardy retained for another year.

Was the entireity of SOBs contract paid by the IRFU or just a portion? Looks like we could have space for a big name signing

I'd like to see Fardy retained for another year.

Was the entireity of SOBs contract paid by the IRFU or just a portion? Looks like we could have space for a big name signing

entire.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭jonok28

entire.

It's starting to look like alot of money is going to be available for Leinster. Fardy, O'Brien and rumblings of Rob Kearney, Healy and Cronin all out the door could free up a fair bit of money, most of the money will go to pay for the extensions of some of the younger lands and in turn some of the younger players will take the place of the above players but I think there is going to be enough for one or two marquee signings. A Top class Hooker and Full back would be a big help if Cronin and Kearney were to go,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

yes it is.

Senior locks at leinster next season during WC if Fardy leaves:

Ross Molony and Mick Kearney

If Fardy is gone, I'd imagine we'll be looking at getting Nagle back if he doesn't sign with Ulster.

I wouldnt hold my breath on big signings.

• Administrators Posts: 53,810 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

When did the likes of Conan, Leavy, VDF, Ryan, Ringrose, Larmour and Porter last sign contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

awec wrote: »
    When did the likes of Conan, Leavy, VDF, Ryan, Ringrose, Larmour and Porter last sign contracts?
    Conan, Leavy in 2017
    VDF. Larmour and Porter signed deals at end of last season

• Administrators Posts: 53,810 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ryan must be due the mother of all payrises sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

jonok28 wrote: »
    It's starting to look like alot of money is going to be available for Leinster. Fardy, O'Brien and rumblings of Rob Kearney, Healy and Cronin all out the door could free up a fair bit of money, most of the money will go to pay for the extensions of some of the younger lands and in turn some of the younger players will take the place of the above players but I think there is going to be enough for one or two marquee signings. A Top class Hooker and Full back would be a big help if Cronin and Kearney were to go,

We don't pay the salary for SOB, Kearney or Healy.

No way we'd be allowed sign a back 3 player with all the talent we have there and Kelleher coming back. Wouldn't want one either.

A hooker I wouldn't be against signing though.

awec wrote: »
    Ryan must be due the mother of all payrises sometime soon.

I'd say he'd go straight onto a central

• Advertisement

Conan, Leavy in 2017
    VDF. Larmour and Porter signed deals at end of last season

They also locked down a good number of the academy grads such as Vakh Abdaladze, Josh Murphy and Caelan Doris.

We don't pay the salary for SOB, Kearney or Healy.

No way we'd be allowed sign a back 3 player with all the talent we have there and Kelleher coming back. Wouldn't want one either.

A hooker I wouldn't be against signing though.

I'd tend to agree regarding the Full back position. I think Ronan Kelleher will be a good Hooker and I don't mind Tracy or Byrne but neither look like they will be anything special.

I'd tend to agree regarding the Full back position. I think Ronan Kelleher will be a good Hooker and I don't mind Tracy or Byrne but neither look like they will be anything special.

Hooker is probably the only position where we're missing top European standard depth beyond the first choice.

Probably centre too but you can compensate for that by the fact that there is always 2 centres and I think ROL is very decent when paired up with first choice folks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Nagle may be back if Fardy leaves.
    Dowling appears to be next up as he's getting some match time. Hopefully, he can be a good player for us.
    I hope Healy doesn't leave. He's got another 2 to 3 years of quality left in him.
    But, he's suffered injuries and is nearing the end of a great career.
    I reckon Jack will leave if Healy is retained. I think he may go to Ulster.
    The centers are not an issue imo. C.O.B and R.O.L are both good options and Reid still hasn't left!
    Frawley can probably cover 12 and Gavin Mullen 13.
    J.O.B is another prospect that's a center.
    I just hope that another back row doesn't leave! Losing Deegan or Doris would be awful. I think Deegan could exit though as he's behind Conan and Doris?
    We do require a hooker. Cronin is getting older and he may jump ship.
    Interesting times ahead.

Hooker is probably the only position where we're missing top European standard depth beyond the first choice.

Probably centre too but you can compensate for that by the fact that there is always 2 centres and I think ROL is very decent when paired up with first choice folks

Depending on how comfortable Leinster feel about the Hooker position going forward, they could either sign a bridge player to give the likes of Kelleher more time or they could bring in a Foreign uncapped highly rated prospect that they could make Ireland eligible, or they could hold onto Cronin for a little while longer and see what happens.

I like our Centre depth currently, Henshaw, Ringrose, both O'Briens, ROL, Tomane and McFadden all capable of pitching in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The Not Nots will become the Not Not Not Nots?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Suspectman123

Cronin signed until 2020 so his contract not up this year so he’ll be around post WC
    Fardy supposedly signed on for next season too
    Healy defo will get another 2 year central
    Kearney who knows, looks like he could be out the door with others
    SOB obviously gone

Cronin signed until 2020 so his contract not up this year so he’ll be around post WC
    Fardy supposedly signed on for next season too
    Healy defo will get another 2 year central
    Kearney who knows, looks like he could be out the door with others
    SOB obviously gone

speculation is fardy is leaving, not that he has signed on, unless you have info we don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

I doubt there will be any effect on thr world cup from this.

Was jokingly invoking the spirit of the Zeebster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Suspectman123

speculation is fardy is leaving, not that he has signed on, unless you have info we don't.

He’s staying...from what I heard, not 100% but pretty reliable
    Had offers but loves the set up apparently

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement