Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Jack McGrath needs a big game, needs to show he's back to fitness, otherwise Kilcoyne will probably see out the rest of the 6N.

J McGrath is like the JVDF of props - does the basics really well on top of an incredible workrate. However, when his fitness isn't up to scratch, which has been the case recently, he isn't half the player he normally is.

Leinster and Ireland need him to have a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Sangre wrote: »
    J McGrath is like the JVDF of props - does the basics really well on top of an incredible workrate. However, when his fitness isn't up to scratch, which has been the case recently, he isn't half the player he normally is.

Leinster and Ireland need him to have a good game.

I think that's a gross understatement of what McGrath does tbh. He's a fantastic player, and like VDF, never gets the credit for it.

Edit: to clarify, if it was as simple as doing the basics and having a high work rate, then everyone would be doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I think that's a gross understatement of what McGrath does tbh. He's a fantastic player, and like VDF, never gets the credit for it.

Edit: to clarify, if it was as simple as doing the basics and having a high work rate, then everyone would be doing it

Well he is a B&I Lion so it was obviously a a bit of a simplificaiton. My point was that workrate affects players like McGrath, VDF and Mako V much more than say...Nadolo or some other better example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

On a side note I hear Conor O'Brien is going very well in training and is impressing pretty much everyone around him.

Same in the games he has played, world cup bolter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

On a side note I hear Conor O'Brien is going very well in training and is impressing pretty much everyone around him.

If it was any position other than the backline he might have had a chance.

But he's running out of rugby and there are so many players in front of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

troyzer wrote: »
    If it was any position other than the backline he might have had a chance.

But he's running out of rugby and there are so many players in front of him.

....waits patiently for next injury crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

But he doesn't play in the big games!!
    It's early days yet, but he needs to get into interpro and Euro matches.
    There is serious talent on the fringes though? To think that JOB and TOB still are in the academy and the road ahead is clogged with superb young players!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

12 is a bit of a problem area for Ireland. Henshaw lacks imagination, and Aki, while good to very good a lot of the time, at other times looks off the pace at international level.

If O'Brien can get some starts in the really big games, he could start to come into the conversation. He definitely has more innate understanding of how to attack from centre than Henshaw. It's just an instinct thing. O'Brien keeps defenders guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

I love all these player moves/ transfers, Mumhai get Beirne, Conway, Joey, Loughman, Oliver etc.
    Leinster get Nagle, granted they got Cronin way back.

I'd say enough variables would have to occur for him to make Japan that it would qualify as a low level miracle of sorts.

He's stewing along nicely but he has no case to make for International honours just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Luke Fitz being a tad ungracious/bitter there about DK saying he was a bit of a bolter for the last RWC which came as a surprise to some. Get over it, Luke.

• Administrators Posts: 53,803 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Buer wrote: »
    Luke Fitz being a tad ungracious/bitter there about DK saying he was a bit of a bolter for the last RWC which came as a surprise to some. Get over it, Luke.
    I don't have a lot of time for Fitzgerald as a pundit.

Was that the Alexander theme tune playing over the stadium PA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Zebre have a lion mascot?

If only there were a more apt animal for them to choose...

This is unwatchable. What is happening with the picture?

Not the first time a match from Italy has had a pathetic television feed. Undermines the league as a product completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Are there any legal streams for this like Eirsport on youtube (that I have looked for but haven't been able to find)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

****ing cowboys Eirsport

This is laughably bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

****ing cowboys Eirsport

It's not eirsport, it's the Italian TV provider. Eirsport just use their TV stream and put their own commentary on top of it.

• Advertisement

And the feed is gone completely for a minute. Joke.

The very same thing happened in the past two years when Leinster played in Italy.

From the little I can make out, some inaccurate back play from Leinster but Zebre look awful.

Maul try which was basically uncontested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Uncontested mauls from Zebre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Zebre doing well to be 7-0 without having touched the ball.... Seriously eir are a disgrace

Ross Byrne's line kicking is just excellent. So casual there just nudging a penalty from his 22 to the 10m line in other half.

Zebre doing well to be 7-0 without having touched the ball.... Seriously eir are a disgrace
    Absolutely nothing to do with Eir. Exact same issues in past with other providers. Issue is with the Italian host broadcaster.

Absolutely nothing to do with Eir. Exact same issues in past with other providers. Issue is with the Italian host broadcaster.

Is it a new provider or do they ussually do home Italian pro 14 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

Good movement with ball in hand, 14-0.

Good strength shown from COB so far.... Must be very demoralising as a zerbe fan showing up week on week to watch displays like this especially when benetton are able to do so much more

Zebre are awful and their discipline is equally poor. After a warning they immediately put hands into the ruck on the first carry off the scrum.

Ross Byrne will be happy with that try given it's the weakest part of his game.

• Advertisement

Zebre are awful and their discipline is equally poor. After a warning they immediately put hands into the ruck on the first carry off the scrum.

Ross Byrne will be happy with that try given it's the weakest part of his game.

Zebre are going to get carded at some point. Surprised they haven't already.

Absolutely dreadful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement