Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If Leinster are offside so often I wish the referee would just get the card out.

But I find the lack of policing Zebre for the same odd. I think that's 4 penalties against Leinster for offside now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

The way Leinster are playing they will be lucky to get the win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Probably lucky they scored, that might have been a card.

The worst thing to happen to Leinster this season is starting so strongly.

We've so little to play for in some of these fixtures that apathy is creeping more and more into our performances.

Zebre are a tidy, organised team all the same. Actually more clinical than us with the few chances they've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

That fupping bell. Sounds like a cow having an epileptic fit everytime Zebre go forward.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Didn't that kick go straight out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

That's a howler. Clearly went out on the full.

Shocking call from TJ.

Renton bringing some highlanders tempo to the game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster are gonna lose this.

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    Leinster are gonna lose this.

Nah. Zebre gonna Zebre.

Jaysus.

A soft hands pass from Mick Kearney?

Sine e as they say.....

This has been really entertaining. Decent standard of rugby at times and whilst I wouldn't call it an intense game it's certainly been energetic and both teams going right at it with just over 5 minutes to go.

Great entertainment on a Saturday afternoon.

Tomorrow sees Racing host Toulouse in the Top14. Neither have their full squads but it'll be an interesting preview of the quarter final which we all want to be a Toulouse victory.

Strange performance. We were poor in that second half, but just woke up in the final ten and eased away with two trys.

The leery Italian cameraman picking out the babes in the crowd.

Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

Looked well dodge at times however got the win in the end, with late tries to put some distance on the scoreboard.

Deegan had a great game at openside.

7 carries for 14 metres with 2 tries.

19 tackles, 100% completion and 2 turnovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Zebre are a good watch. Deserved one or two points. Deegan is an enigma. A few bad penalties but also two tries and some decent turnovers / dives on loose ball.

All the front row subs were great, as was Mick Kearney. JGP with another assist or two to add to his phonoemenal record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

We played in fits and starts, total lack of intensity or urgency to our performances of late. You’d think the young guys would be pushing hard to make a mark. Just seem very flat, playing well within themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

So Fitz wants Madigan for the Italian game.

antietam1 wrote: »
    So Fitz wants Madigan for the Italian game.

And Zebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Buer wrote: »
    JGP has not been at the races today. Passing is as poor as I've seen from him for some time.

I thought he had a fine game. Very fast service as you always get with him and good decision making. Made a lovely skip pass off the base for Fardys and OBriens tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Successful fishing by Lukey by the looks of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

troyzer wrote: »
    And Zebo.

Think Carty would be way ahead of Madigan.

antietam1 wrote: »
    troyzer wrote: »
    And Zebo.

Think Carty would be way ahead of Madigan.

And Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Good to get the win! Possibly lethargic after the break?

Solid win marred by a very sloppy 10 minute spell where we conceded 19 points. Take that out of the game and we won the game very comfortably.

I thought COB was good again although there were some errors or loose play that said to me he's not ready for European rugby yet. The intercept try was on him even if he was under pressure. Also himself and Deegan cannot let a carrier get an offload away like they did for the first try. COB was the second tackler so he should have been going after the ball.

But his power in the tackle was great generally, drove the carrier back a couple of times. He's very hard to put down too and you see him make yards for fun if someone goes high on him. Showed one or two nice passes which was good to see. His past as an outhalf should see him provide more of an option in that regard. Hopefully he gets another 4 or 5 starts this season and can kick on next season to another level.

Thought Ross Byrne was generally quite good. He'll be irked by that final conversion clipping the post and ruining his perfect record. Showed his continued willingness to take the ball up himself with some good results. I was more impressed with his composure to recycle the ball on the line than the actual break that got him there.

Doris had a very workmanlike and efficient performance. Watching back, he carried a huge amount of ball in tight situations and got a good leg drive on repeatedly. For his age, he really is bubbling along nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So 22 points ahead with a maximum of 30 left? Is that right? 2 wins with one bonus point tops the group over the next few weeks? Is that right or am I being stupid. Really leaves us in a great place to really only have to worry about Europe which very few of our competitors are likely to be able to do. I’ve said before the week off before the European final
    Last year really stood to us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement