Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

No Frawley.

Presumably has a knock given JOB is wearing 22

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

errlloyd wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Lowe, he's really been screwed by this Kolpak thing.

Thank god we shouldn't have an issue from September with it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Or..... now this is just a possibility.....

There are literally no fit opensides in the squad and the coaches have deemed Deegan to be the best equipped there.

But your stange assumption based on fictional evidence might also be true in some strange timeline

It could be because there are no fit opensides but I don't think it's fictional how many and how hard he hits rucks. I'd like to see his stats on that but I think judging on the fact that Doris is now in situ ahead of him he's been doing something that is not up to scratch. In my opinion its because he's goes missing in action in games specifically at ruck time.

Heymans wrote: »
    It could be because there are no fit opensides but I don't think it's fictional how many and how hard he hits rucks. I'd like to see his stats on that but I think judging on the fact that Doris is now in situ ahead of him he's been doing something that is not up to scratch. In my opinion its because he's goes missing in action in games specifically at ruck time.

A lot of conditional tense there.

If you want to make big statements why not back them up you total spoofer :pac:

You realise it's possible Doris has been at 8 a lot because he's not as capable at filling in at 6 or 7 than Deegan is?

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster could field the Lansdowne seconds and they'd still win this game.

That team will hit 50, it's going to be a training match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Has Barry Daly started at fullback before?

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sangre wrote: »
    Has Barry Daly started at fullback before?
    Nope.

But Scott Fardy could do a job at full back for Leinster tomorrow night, so it's not like you're going to learn much about Daly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

awec wrote: »
    Nope.

But Scott Fardy could do a job at full back for Leinster tomorrow night, so it's not like you're going to learn much about Daly.

I'm pretty sure he has. That time he did the flick up into his hands with his foot he was wearing 15.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm pretty sure he has. That time he did the flick up into his hands with his foot he was wearing 15.

started 15 against zebre in april last year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Nope.

I wouldn't be so sure. Everyone knows that the Kings play a territory based game. Up the jumper - ten man rugby. Lots of kicking, garry-owens and touch finders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Leinster could field the Lansdowne seconds and they'd still win this game.

That team will hit 50, it's going to be a training match.

You mean like when we played them down there?

A lot of conditional tense there.

If you want to make big statements why not back them up you total spoofer :pac:

You realise it's possible Doris has been at 8 a lot because he's not as capable at filling in at 6 or 7 than Deegan is?

While your defence of Deegan's stats is admirable i think your faith in him is misplaced.

It is not possible to get stats on the amount of rucks players hit therefore while i cannot back up my assertion with evidence i assure you it is backed up by fact (just not written down on a website)

From my extensive viewing of Deegan this and last season I came to the conclusion that he did not hit as many rucks as his backrow counterparts and I stand by that assertion. You might not see it written down on a website but I assure you it is fact.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

While your defence of Deegan's stats is admirable i think your faith in him is misplaced.

It is not possible to get stats on the amount of rucks players hit therefore while i cannot back up my assertion with evidence i assure you it is backed up by fact (just not written down on a website)

From my extensive viewing of Deegan this and last season I came to the conclusion that he did not hit as many rucks as his backrow counterparts and I stand by that assertion. You might not see it written down on a website but I assure you it is fact.

Hes a stronger open field carrier than some of his back row compatriots and thus he finds himself standing off rucks more... a la early heaslip

the back row has to be balanced so different emphasis is given to different roles depending on how you want the balance to work.

have you any evidence of him standing off a ruck that he could have hit, which caused a turn over?

Translation from complete spoofer lingo to plain English

"I have an opinion that is in no way based on fact. I am not willing to back up my claim and will therefore stick my fingers in my ears and pretend no other views matter"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

From my extensive viewing of Deegan this and last season I came to the conclusion that he did hit as many rucks as his backrow counterparts and I stand by that assertion. You might not see it written down on a website but I assure you it is fact.

Fixed that for you

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    From my extensive viewing of Deegan this and last season I came to the conclusion that he did hit as many rucks as his backrow counterparts and I stand by that assertion. You might not see it written down on a website but I assure you it is fact.

Fixed that for you

I have done maths for 30 years.

I have sat several exams in the subject.

From my extensive experience I have discovered that 2+2 = 346445242

Evidence of this does not exist on any website. But I assure you it is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

More sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Very unpleasant lads, kindly leave the room.

And yet the point still stands - I don't have stats on this subject but I assure you from my viewing games he has been in my assertion is correct. The facts are in the viewing.

And yet the point still stands - I don't have stats on this subject but I assure you from my viewing games he has been in my assertion is correct. The facts are in the viewing.

Just because you asset it, doesn't make it fact.

• Advertisement

Just because you asset it, doesn't make it fact.

No but I'd bet my house on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

What sort of house have you?

No but I'd bet my house on it.

Making random bets in a anonymous forum doesn't change the fact you haven't a clue if you are right or wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

leakyboots wrote: »
    What sort of house have you?

Sylvanian family’s.

It’s amazing none of the Leinster coaching staff have noticed this about Deegan, truely amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Has it ever occurred that he is doing what the coaches are asking him to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

It's also possible that Deegan may have potential to being an open side.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I've 2 tickets in Anglesea Stand free to a good home for tonight's game. PM me if interested.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Has it ever occurred that he is doing what the coaches are asking him to do?

I'm just a concerned fan.

Benty ruled out for the game tonight.

Up steps Vakh

• Advertisement

Benty ruled out for the game tonight.

Up steps Vakh

Will be good to see how Vakh gets on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement