Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.scrum

accensi0n wrote: »
    Osullivan seems really like redden the way he moves around and passes.

been good today, quick service & decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Jaysus.

Made the best out of that lineout mess.

If Daly got injured there again I'd be disgusted, he really is a story you'd love to see work out. Seems to be up and about again but I still reckon he has damage there and when he cools down he'll know all about it. Hope it doesn't cost him any games.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

I have to agree Daly has looked assured at full back and looks a threat on the ball.

Leinster have played with unbelievable speed, energy, accuracy and determination for the last 20 minutes. Unplayable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Conor O'Brien really is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

How does Ross Byrne look on the TV? He looks ****e from here, passes going over the place.

Noel "F**k you doubters I'm having another good game" Reid, is having another good game.

That's very poor from Leinster. Shot up in defence and missed the tackle.

Nice off load from ross Byrne for the try there

• Advertisement

Reid off injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Noel "F**k you doubters I'm having another good game" Reid, is having another good game.

No one doubts the #TheEnforcer

Vakh on. Unleash the beast

Jimmy O'Brien playing 15 is interesting.

Excellent smarts and athleticism from Deegan to score the try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Thats harsh surely. Looked like a simple collision to me.

Clegg wrote: »

That annoying moment when you realise your stream is a couple of minutes behind...:mad:

FFS. That was the wrong option to kick and then 8 just ignored the ref. Annoying.

That offload went forward. Looks like Byrne thought the same. Smart to take the quick drop goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What height is Patterson?

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »

5'6

Larbre34 wrote: »

Im really liking the look of him so far.

Great athleticism to finish that try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Clegg wrote: »

Has he been hitting enough rucks though

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Has he been hitting enough rucks though

It was something I was looking at and although his performance was much improved and his contributions much more numerous I noticed he still had an inclination to stand off rucks where he could be hitting them and clearing out bodies.

Now the argument could be made that there were already forwards at those rucks who were already doing that job and there was no need for him to add another body to the melee rather than looking to be a body in the defensive line or looking to carry.

I think his instinct is to avoid hitting rucks when that should be one of his primary roles. I think his tendency to stand off them is a negative in his game given his size and what could be his ability in helping his teammates at ruck time in the non glamorous aspects of the game.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

In a game where you're romping, if your sevens main role is clearing rucks then there something seriously wrong.

He didn't need to be hitting rucks last night as our ball was on a plate for the vast majority of the game.... FFS we played with two kids at 9 and neither was under any pressure at all.

You need to look at players roles in a more holistic way Heymans....I think you're a bit blinkered on this issue

True and he'll look good in those games getting loads of carries. It's when the level goes a bit higher that I worry about his contribution to the team.

He had one monster tackle turnover and made numerous gainline breaks. He had a good game I'm just highlighting what I think is a lack of work ethic or a habit he has carried with him since his underage days from poor coaching.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Heymans wrote: »
    I'm just highlighting what I think is a lack of work ethic or a habit he has carried with him since his underage days from poor coaching.

You have an axe to grind....

I'm out.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    You have an axe to grind....

I'm out.

I'm just a concerned fan

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Any particular reason why the kickoff was 8pm last night? I doubt it helped the attendance last night which was quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Isn't Noel Reid's problem his consistency. He's incredibly talented but can't play to to a good level on a permanent basis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement