Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I wouldn't worry about it. They tend to issue them in batches. I've sometimes received tickets months before other people who booked at the same time, and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Cheetahs prop Ox Nche has been cited for his shoulder barge on McFadden.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Clegg wrote: »
    Cheetahs prop Ox Nche has been cited for his shoulder barge on McFadden.

Cited under two different laws, no less.

Law 9.13 – A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously.

Law 9.25 – A player must not intentionally charge or obstruct an opponent who has just kicked the ball.

Commissioner appears to be saying there's a case for it being a deliberate act as well as a dangerous tackle. Even if he didn't connect with McFadden's head, there was a case for a red card.

The decision doesn't reflect well on Owens at all. I'm not usually one for blaming refs. It's a high pressure job where you don't have much time to make decisions. But he was just wrong to not give a red in this instance.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Clegg wrote: »
    The decision doesn't reflect well on Owens at all. I'm not usually one for blaming refs. It's a high pressure job where you don't have much time to make decisions. But he was just wrong to not give a red in this instance.

yeah, he seems intent on reffing his own interpretation of the game these days, rather than as instructed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

To be honest I thought if it was 15 minutes later he would have sent him off. Really think he did some mental gymnastics to avoid giving a red card to him that early.

Anyone know where I can watch the leinster senior cup online?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone know where I can watch the leinster senior cup online?

Eirsport App

Here's a new article on Max Deegan. Hits on how he's shown his versatility by playing well all across the backrow and how he and Doris are sharing the duties of a 7 and 8.

Deegan has played extremely well since losing his spot to Doris a few months ago. He's close to pushing for a spot in Leinster's strongest 23 imo.

https://www.the42.ie/max-deegan-leinster-interview-4525068-Mar2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

• Advertisement

Why 20% when that Australian women's captain got 50% reduction for the same reason??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Why 20% when that Australian women's captain got 50% reduction for the same reason??

I don’t think the Australian women’s captain was playing in the Pro 14 but completely happy to be proven wrong! :D

I don’t think the Australian women’s captain was playing in the Pro 14 but completely happy to be proven wrong! :D

Obviously that was a rhetorical question, but my point is the reduction of bans seems very haphazard when viewed against the very very prescribed ban lengths for specific infringements.

I can't think of another player who didn't get a 50% reduction on first offence when given a similar ban.

Is it cos ox has such a cool name??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

It didn't say whether or not he pleaded guilty which tends to be the biggest factor when it comes to reductions.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Obviously that was a rhetorical question, but my point is the reduction of bans seems very haphazard when viewed against the very very prescribed ban lengths for specific infringements.

I can't think of another player who didn't get a 50% reduction on first offence when given a similar ban.

There’s a few things they consider. If they thought it was deliberate they can put a lower ceiling on it because it’s at the top end already. Don’t think we’ll ever see a report for this one so we’ll never really know I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

He didn't admit the offence so can't get full remission.

Which was stupid because it's as clear as red as you're likely to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'm surprised that he got such a length ban but it's fully deserved. That's the second Cheetahs player who is banned for the rest of the season.

He's one of their most influential and consistent performers too although their season is pretty much dead rubber already at this point.

That makes sense.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Maybe he thought since Owens had been so kind, that the committee would be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Clearly brought the wrong biscuits. He brought Marietta, which any self-respecting person will tell you are absolute muck. If he'd brought Jaffa Cakes, on the other hand...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Zzippy wrote: »
    Clearly brought the wrong biscuits. He brought Marietta, which any self-respecting person will tell you are absolute muck. If he'd brought Jaffa Cakes, on the other hand...

Solid tie colour also.

Gotta go for stripes.

Only a madman would think otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Solid tie colour also.

Gotta go for stripes.

Only a madman would think otherwise

Pfft! Golf club crest of course, so they know you're a man of distinction...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Just wondering what people's thoughts of either T. Beirne or Joey coming back to Leinster post World Cup or even after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Just wondering what people's thoughts of either T. Beirne or Joey coming back to Leinster post World Cup or even after that?

Stranger things have happened.

But I can't see this one happening.

It remains to be seen if Ross Byrne is the type of 10 that will take us that extra step to win clutch games on the way to trophies. But frankly it remains to be seen if Joey can offer that as a 10 also.

Frawley and Harry Byrne also look equally promising. Having watch under20 rugby for a while. Harry looks a good deal better than many other players when they were at that age grade.

As for Beirne, that would be a hard sell. Toner hopefully has 4 seasons of high level rugby left. James Ryan in situ also. Along with some very promising academy talent

I can't see either ever coming back. Both are first choice players at Munster so game time isn't a problem. With my tinfoil hat on I'd imagine the IRFU would have a problem with them moving back too. They want talent spread across the provinces, not just centred around one super team.

Disappointing to see Porter, Cronin and McGrath fall back in the pecking order for Ireland. I hope they deal with the disappointment positively and push on albeit at this point I can image Cronin feels quite sour towards the national setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭KH25

Disappointing to see Porter, Cronin and McGrath fall back in the pecking order for Ireland. I hope they deal with the disappointment positively and push on albeit at this point I can image Cronin feels quite sour towards the national setup.
    Cronin being dropped seems very harsh. The lineout wasn’t much better without him on the pitch against Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Think it is harsh on Porter in particular. Not sure he has done much wrong tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It’s funny, lots of people on here call for experimentation, call for building depth. Yet when it actually happens, suddenly it’s a negative thing. To have a look at some fringe players, others have to make way. We have seen a lot of players getting a chance this 6N. It’s called squad development in meaningful games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

How do people see Joe Tomane fitting back in when he's back fit? Should they de-register Conor O'Brien and reinstate Tomane to the European squad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement