Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Clegg wrote: »
    He has a line breaking ability that very few 10's possess. He can kick off either foot and plays heads up rugby. But that's no different from his breakthrough a few years ago. For for me he still struggles against solid defences and is still prone to brain farts. I actually think he's just at the wrong province to really develop as a great 10. Munster are a poorly coached side with regards to back play. Great outside backs but no way of using them effectively because their game is still so forwards oriented.

He'd be unreal at Connacht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Clegg wrote: »
    I see Carbery has extended his contract at Munster for another two seasons. No doubt I'll be accused of having sour grapes by the Munster crew, but I don't think he's kicked on like hoped. He's still the same player he was last season but with better goal kicking. I'm a huge fan of his and the massive potential he holds. But the problems in his game are still there.

Not sure what people expected. He has grew up playing a brand of rugby, first in NZ and then in Leinster.

Munster do not play that style of rugby so it was always going to be a huge change. He has been unlucky with a few injuries as well.

i would guess with the likes of Keatley leaving the purse strings have opened a bit and Munster are giving him a few extra quid and putting him on a long term contract. It does seem he is happy to stay in Munster

Good for Ireland, not so much for Leinster but it does open door for Harry Byrne as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

troyzer wrote: »
    He'd be unreal at Connacht.

From a Connacht perspective it would be a bit much to have a player of that quality as second choice.
    It's only right for him to get more game time at Munster and is better for Ireland as whole.
    Like the time we let Cooney move to Ulster when he slipped behind Blade.

Byrne could do alright for us during the international windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Does anyone know who is in the Leinster A squad for the Cara cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Does anyone know who is in the Leinster A squad for the Cara cup?

First Leinster game isn't until April 10th, so I doubt squads will be announced until closer. Connacht named there's on the 14th of March, 2 days before their first game and Ulster the same.

• Advertisement

I think Toulouse are a better side. I think Racing would be easier, even away.
    I may be wrong!
    Either way, we got the best of Racing last year in the final and I think we'd be in their heads.

Toulouse are a better team but do not travel. They also do not want to meet Leinster again in Dublin. Hence why they took the foot off the gas so they would miss us in Qtr

Asking for a game against Racing in France is mad to having a home tie against Toulouse. Toulouse fans do travel better than most french teams but you still will have an 90% Leinster following in Aviva

Turn that around to 10% in an away match.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I think Toulouse are a better side. I think Racing would be easier, even away.
    I may be wrong!
    Either way, we got the best of Racing last year in the final and I think we'd be in their heads.

We barely got the better of Racing, never once being ahead til the 78th minute in a neutral venue.

We recently comprehensively beat Toulouse at home. It's a slightly odd take is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

The tomane frustration is just another example of fans having no patience with injuries. No understanding that a big injury can take a full season to recover from quite often and it's just part of the game on top of the fact that new players have to adapt to leinsters systems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I'm going to the match on the 14th. I am hoping to see the likes of Frawley; H.B, Dunne.
    The Freejacks have a big pack. But Ulster wore them down. The Ulster lh played the entire match.
    If I get to see Penny, I would be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'm going to the match on the 14th. I am hoping to see the likes of Frawley; H.B, Dunne.
    The Freejacks have a big pack. But Ulster wore them down. The Ulster lh played the entire match.
    If I get to see Penny, I would be delighted.

I wouldn't hold your breath for the likes of Frawley and even Penney, the champions cup semi-final will be the following weekend so depending on injuries/numbers it's likely that lads competing for a bench spot or injury cover will be held back and may not even travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That's what we like to see, Leinster players fannying about leading up to this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

awec wrote: »
    That's what we like to see, Leinster players fannying about leading up to this game.

Do you not recognise a victory dance rehearsal? That’s all Leinster are doing this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

salmocab wrote: »
    Do you not recognise a victory dance rehearsal? That’s all Leinster are doing this week.

Does beating up a weakling and crushing their dreams really constitute a victory?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

troyzer wrote: »
    Does beating up a weakling and crushing their dreams really constitute a victory?

Yes, yes it does. I would celebrate Leinster Tonking the Armagh RFC under 16s just as much as winning the European cup because in many ways I’m a petty man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

awec wrote: »

If The Ulster players tried to do this too all three would do their ACL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

A few tickets have popped up on ticketmaster for Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

durkadurka wrote: »
    A few tickets have popped up on ticketmaster for Saturday

Yeah Leinster twitter account was advertising a small number of returns.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

This whole "he hasn't been getting game time" thing they keep running with is weird. He's been injured most of they time no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's a handy line for when Porter and others get pressured to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Handy one for the clicks with the match this weekend!

Question, going to head to Newcastle. Anyone aware of a bus trip over for the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Question, going to head to Newcastle. Anyone aware of a bus trip over for the final?
    Wont be anything planned yet i imagine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Marathon Sports Travel will run one but won't confirm anything until they know there's an Irish finalist.

Marathon Sports Travel will run one but won't confirm anything until they know there's an Irish finalist.

Pity, they should just go ahead. Going to book the tickets and would prefer to know I can get over to the match :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I havent seen a lot of leinster recently but is mcgrath really so out of form that he cant make the bench?? Cullen might as well have printed out his ticket to belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I havent seen a lot of leinster recently but is mcgrath really so out of form that he cant make the bench?? Cullen might as well have printed out his ticket to belfast.

Not sure he’s 100% fit, but there is no real information on his injuries so it’s hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Is Lowe still about?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Is Lowe still about?

Someone has to lose out in the "three into two" problem that we have

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement