Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think we should quit the speculation & discussion about the exact nature and severity of the injury. We all hope the best for Dan Leavy and that he recovers as best as can be. Being positive, hopefully that includes getting back to full playing form. It has happened with the likes of Adrian Peterson in the NFL. Let's keep it positive and wish him the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Its not really for academy player to step up and fill McGraths boots but the two senior contracted looseheads in Dooley and Ed Byrne

Sorry I meant the younger players who came up from academy....

Or maybe one of the younger player in academy has their eyes on the target!! Furlong 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Trojan wrote: »
    I think we should quit the speculation & discussion about the exact nature and severity of the injury. We all hope the best for Dan Leavy and that he recovers as best as can be. Being positive, hopefully that includes getting back to full playing form. It has happened with the likes of Adrian Peterson in the NFL. Let's keep it positive and wish him the best.

I feel very uncomfortable speculating about his career. But if he recovers I'd really love a documentary where they take us through what happened. It's a curiosity of physiology and it's a little perverse. I hope to hell that this becomes a story of against the odds recovery!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Trojan wrote: »

Adrian Peterson's injury was nowhere near as bad as what these rumours suggest.

But I agree with you anyway, no point speculating any further

• Registered Users Posts: 24,059 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

For my own part, any speculation about his injury is out of concern for the future quality of life of a young man who put his body on the line for my enjoyment, as they all do.

Though I'm sure its all he can think about just now, his rugby future isn't really important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Someone posted a video on Reddit of the incident from behind the posts. I can fully understand why BT didn't replay it, that's stomach churning. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the above rumour on the scope of the injury is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,678 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

DGRulz wrote: »
    Someone posted a video on Reddit of the incident from behind the posts. I can fully understand why BT didn't replay it, that's stomach churning. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the above rumour on the scope of the injury is true.

Genuinely the nastiest sports injury I've seen. The human body doesn't move in that way, his leg completely folds at a 90 degree angle outwards, and that's not an exaggeration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

DGRulz wrote: »

am sorry I looked at that , heart goes out to him .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

errlloyd wrote: »
    I feel very uncomfortable speculating about his career. But if he recovers I'd really love a documentary where they take us through what happened. It's a curiosity of physiology and it's a little perverse. I hope to hell that this becomes a story of against the odds recovery!

Just a little bit of info as you may have an interest in seeing it.
    Apparently Munster have actually done this with Jack O'Donoghue over the last year after his knee injury against Leinster last season
    MRSC Email wrote:

MRSC Exclusive Event

The MRSC is delighted to offer our members the chance to come along to a very special event next Wednesday the 3rd of April at 6:30PM at the MRSC bar in Thomond Park.

The event will be the premiere of an exclusive documentary charting the comeback of Jack O'Donoghue as he made his recovery from the serious injury suffered against Leinster last season.

MRSC members will get a first look at the documentary and then Jack, Chris Farrell and Munster defence coach JP Ferreira will the guests for an exclusive Q&A.

There are still limited tickets available.

Tickets are FREE and are available to book through your MRSC account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Clegg wrote: »
    A poster on Babbling Brook said Leavy suffered the following: Hamstring and calf torn off the bone, a torn ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL and a broken fibula.

If that's true then he'll be lucky to walk properly again. And if somehow he makes a return to rugby, I don't expect him to come back for at least another 18-24 months.

I saw a clip on Twitter. Didn't realise it was Leavy incident until I had seen his leg go

I hate to say it but i think it will be a miracle if he comes back to Pro Rugby. POC ended his career after just the hamstring bit proved tricky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I saw a clip on Twitter. Didn't realise it was Leavy incident until I had seen his leg go

I hate to say it but i think it will be a miracle if he comes back to Pro Rugby. POC ended his career after just the hamstring bit proved tricky.

POC was also 36. It's not even remotely the same.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Folks, let's cut the speculation about careers being over or worse. You don't know who reads this place, and there are some things that don't need to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Presale for season ticket holders for the Champions Cup Semi Final starts tomorrow at 12pm through to Tuesday at 5pm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Does anyone know where the different categories are seated?

Presale for season ticket holders for the Champions Cup Semi Final starts tomorrow at 12pm through to Tuesday at 5pm.

What are the ticket prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mister paul

What are the ticket prices?

Category |Price
    Premium|€80
    Cat 1|€70
    Cat 2|€60
    Cat 3|€50
    Cat 4|€40
    Cat 5|€25

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

8 per STH...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

8 per STH...

Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

A poster on Babbling Brook said Leavy suffered the following: Hamstring and calf torn off the bone, a torn ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL and a broken fibula.

If that's true then he'll be lucky to walk properly again. And if somehow he makes a return to rugby, I don't expect him to come back for at least another 18-24 months.
    I heard similar. Hyper-extension of the knee is how it was described. But if you think about what that means, your toes curl up and your balls retreat to a previously prepared position.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dumbo123

Anyone get there pre sale.code yet
    I didn't revieve mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Dumbo123 wrote: »
    Anyone get there pre sale.code yet
    I didn't revieve mine.

Yes, it's a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I've no doubt there is a genuine loveliness in Joe Tomane, he personally commented or thanked every insta post welcoming him to Leinster. I really wanna see him prove some doubters on the field ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I've no doubt there is a genuine loveliness in Joe Tomane, he personally commented or thanked every insta post welcoming him to Leinster. I really wanna see him prove some doubters on the field ASAP

Unfortunately for some he will never prove them wrong, even if he single handed won the Heineken Cup for Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Unfortunately for some he will never prove them wrong, even if he single handed won the Heineken Cup for Leinster

Sadly I agree with this. Every match, it really is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Henshaw on his injury:
    The guy in London said, ‘It is going to be longer than you think,’” explains Henshaw at the launch of the Bank of Ireland Leinster Rugby Summer Camps at St Mary’s National School.

“This ended up being one of the rarest dead legs in the world.

“There had only been three or four other ones that they’ve seen in the world, they didn’t give me names. One in AFL, one in ice hockey… three or four in sport, not just rugby.”

He's back in training now though. Hopefully we see him against Benneton.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Henshaw has had a ridiculous number of injuries. Some of them never reported at the time. His body must be held together by string at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Henshaw has had a ridiculous number of injuries. Some of them never reported at the time. His body must be held together by string at this stage.

Since it appears to be such a rare injury it's understandable that he wasn't diagnosed as quickly as we'd like. If it was caught sooner he would have been back sooner. But your general point stands. Henshaw is very injury prone. Which is an awful shame because he's clearly a quality player. Every time he's come back from injury he's played like he'd never missed a game. It's rather similar to Luke Fitz actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Since it appears to be such a rare injury it's understandable that he wasn't diagnosed as quickly as we'd like. If it was caught sooner he would have been back sooner. But your general point stands. Henshaw is very injury prone. Which is an awful Shane because he's clearly a quality player. Every time he's come back from injury he's played like he'd never missed a game. It's rather similar to Luke Fitz actually.

Except that time that Luke was rushed back from injury to be slotted in at fullback and was poor.

Oh, wait......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone know if there's a way to activate the map when buying SF tickets as soon as it opens (I think they only show the map when it quietens down). It's a pain not being able to pick specific seats

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement