Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Synode wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a way to activate the map when buying SF tickets as soon as it opens (I think they only show the map when it quietens down). It's a pain not being able to pick specific seats

Not that I know of. Apparently the seat picker comes available after an hour of the sale usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,439 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

dub_skav wrote: »
    Except that time that Luke was rushed back from injury to be slotted in at fullback and was poor.

Oh, wait......

too soon for that sort of joke.

by at a week or so...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Anyone know if there's a way to activate the map when buying SF tickets as soon as it opens (I think they only show the map when it quietens down). It's a pain not being able to pick specific seats

The interactive map's disabled during periods of high demand according to the mail from Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Does anyone know if they give the worst seats at the start? I'm getting fairly poor ones in the corners at the minute and I'm searching for 70 or 80 euro tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Does anyone know if they give the worst seats at the start? I'm getting fairly poor ones in the corners at the minute and I'm searching for 70 or 80 euro tickets

I got half way line in premium so I think all tickets are available apart from those held back for corporates etc.

Was offered half way and on 22 of lower and premium too so there's no bad seat push yet it seems.

Keep trying as tickets will become available when people's baskets etc expire.

• Advertisement

I got half way line in premium so I think all tickets are available apart from those held back for corporates etc.

Was offered half way and on 22 of lower and premium too so there's no bad seat push yet it seems.

Keep trying as tickets will become available when people's baskets etc expire.

Were you only getting 2? I'm trying for 4 and no sniff of half way line in premium

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

I got 3 in West upper beside press area just now.

Would agree , there seems to be reasonable tickets being offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Were you only getting 2? I'm trying for 4 and no sniff of half way line in premium

I got two sets of two in different sections but didn't try for four at any point

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

I got 5 in 306, halfway line. Just kept rejecting until I got better seats

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lots of **** seats at the start (as usual) no sniff of anywhere half way in west. Got 323 though

• Advertisement

Got 321 once the interactive map became available. No map at the start is a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Clegg wrote: »
    Since it appears to be such a rare injury it's understandable that he wasn't diagnosed as quickly as we'd like. If it was caught sooner he would have been back sooner. But your general point stands. Henshaw is very injury prone. Which is an awful shame because he's clearly a quality player. Every time he's come back from injury he's played like he'd never missed a game. It's rather similar to Luke Fitz actually.

It's a pity Fitzgerald had to retire. He was a better 12 than Henshaw imo. It was a real missed opportunity when Cullen didn't pair Fitzgerald with Ringrose in the centre in his first season. I'd say that would have been an excellent partnership. I can't help but think that in some sense Henshaw isn't a natural 12. He strikes me as more of a right winger. But he probably doesn't have the pace to play on the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Same issue getting decent tickets and eventually settled with block 102.

I’ve never been that low along the sideline before - anyone know what the view is like?

• Administrators Posts: 53,797 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Same issue getting decent tickets and eventually settled with block 102.

I’ve never been that low along the sideline before - anyone know what the view is like?

What row?

If you're near the back of the lower tier it's ok, near the front is fairly poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Avoid the front of the lower tier. I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

awec wrote: »
    What row?

If you're near the back of the lower tier it's ok, near the front is fairly poor.

Row DD?

I’m hoping that it goes A-Z from the front followed by AA, BB etc.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Row DD?

It does, you're 30 rows from the front so should be a good view.

• Administrators Posts: 53,797 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Row DD?

That's like the 3rd row from the very back. Will be grand.

It's a pity Fitzgerald had to retire. He was a better 12 than Henshaw imo. It was a real missed opportunity when Cullen didn't pair Fitzgerald with Ringrose in the centre in his first season. I'd say that would have been an excellent partnership. I can't help but think that in some sense Henshaw isn't a natural 12. He strikes me as more of a right winger. But he probably doesn't have the pace to play on the wing.

He should've been paired with BOD back in the day, if had an ounce of luck when it came to injuries. best 12 we never had

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Worked for me on Chrome Android and Windows. Doesn't work on app or IE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

He should've been paired with BOD back in the day, if had an ounce of luck when it came to injuries. best 12 we never had

What was really impressive about him was how he turned up on the big occasion when the chips were down. His performance against Argentina in 2015 was breathtaking. And him and David Wallace were several levels above every other Irish player in the home game against NZ in 2008.

For a player who came thru before the Academy was what it is nowadays, he really was gifted with an incredibly developed game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

What was really impressive about him was how he turned up on the big occasion when the chips were down. His performance against Argentina in 2015 was breathtaking. And him and David Wallace were several levels above every other Irish player in the home game against NZ in 2008.

That was the 20 point hiding at Croke Park wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    That was the 20 point hiding at Croke Park wasn't it?

22-3

Back then, finishing within 20 points of NZ wasn't a hiding, it was a moral victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

22-3

Back then, finishing within 20 points of NZ wasn't a hiding, it was a moral victory.

19 point hiding, in your face yeah right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

That was the "warm ups after the haka" game.
    Softened their cough, keeping them under the quarter century

Was that the one with penalty try against Bowe for punching the ball out of bounds in the endzone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I hope the rumors of Mick Kearney leaving are just rumors.
    He's been very good this year. If he does leave we'll be weakened in the 2nd row.
    I reckon that Nagle will be retained if so. Nagle has been in fine form for Ulster!
    Dowling may not be ready yet!
    Our squad is being decimated by injury, retirement and transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,625 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Kearney's had a big improvement this year. Good cameo off the bench against Ulster too, took a couple of vital line outs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Was that the one with penalty try against Bowe for punching the ball out of bounds in the endzone?

Was that not Trimble?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement