Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,991 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

A good Joe Tomane performance today would make me happier than anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ridiculous length of time to call that as a maul. Not that unusual, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Great maulage by Treviso and they're over for the first score. Can't say they don't deserve it, they've played well so far. Reid chose a bad time to step in towards the maul

Slightly against run of play but can't complain given Leinster's discipline in recent minutes and Lowe kicking out on full bringing them back 30m.

All a bit reminiscent of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Treviso off to a good start, we've been a bit sloppy so far and need to watch our discipline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Benetton making the playoffs would be an unalloyed good for the Pro 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Don't think Doris was in the way of the ball, but he didn't paint a good picture for Owens either.

That knock on is Tomane's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Anyone other then Luke and that's a try

McGrath should have held that, think he got put off by the tackler coming in on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Great quick thinking and chip by Tomane there!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,587 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Think luke really should have gathered that.... Nice push by the treviso player though... Just not obvious enough to be penalised

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Think luke really should have gathered that.... Nice push by the treviso player though... Just not obvious enough to be penalised
    McGrath had fumbled before any contact.

Owens is going to whistle Leinster off the park I'm beginning to suspect. Not with incorrect calls, just I think he's holding Leinster to a very high standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Tomane has gone well, as has Daly. Reid was good when he was on. In the forwards, Deegan is showing up well again. But overall we look like a weakened team with nothing to play for. Benetton playing well and deserving of their lead.

The man who got to the carrier on that maul would be in People Before Profit if he was any further to the left of the middle.

Can we not just forfeit the last few games to avoid injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Good to see Italian teams being competitive.

Lost now. My opinion of Owens is plummeting. If it's lost, he can't allow the turnover.

Mick Kearney in real trouble. If he is leaving, that's a terrible shame. Could be his last time in blue and he deserves a good contract somewhere. A few test caps are still not beyond him.

Green whistle = fcuked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's setup for Benetton. Two early injuries for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Can we stop breaking players please. It's upsetting.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Green whistle = fcuked

Shoulder by looks of it ?

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Shoulder by looks of it ?
    Seemed to be, replay not the clearest.

Owens missed a good poach from Porter, I think. Other than that I have no real complaints. We've been pretty poor. Very disappointed in Luke McGrath's performance.

Benetton deservedly ahead at half time. Who have Leinster to bring off the bench, missed the teams

leakyboots wrote: »
    Benetton deservedly ahead at half time. Who have Leinster to bring off the bench, missed the teams

Ed Byrne into the back row

Think Fardys 18 month old boy is kitted out too.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,587 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jesus christ.... Luke Fitz doing his utmost to blame Joe tomane for that maul try.

Ridiculous

Can't argue with score. I do think Owens is not being too kind but some of that is on Leinster too. Daly is the pick of the backs along with Tomane whilst Deegan and Penny going well up front.

Lowe is making it an easy decision to pick the odd man out from himself, JGP and Fardy. Just not sparking and one sloppy kick on full.

McFadden looking very hungry too. Leinster don't have many spectacular wingers but they have a few guys who will run through a brick wall for the team which is just as important.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Jesus christ.... Luke Fitz doing his utmost to blame Joe tomane for that maul try.

Ridiculous
    Glad I'm not watching on Eir. I don't think much of him as a pundit but he's a complete d*ck when it comes to Tomane. Pack was beaten up, Reid got caught out of position. Tomane was in no way involved. If he made that tackle, it would have been a brilliant save by a guy who was making a tackle that wasn't his to make.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement