Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Jesus christ.... Luke Fitz doing his utmost to blame Joe tomane for that maul try.

Ridiculous
    Was wondering when they scored it would he go there at HT since Tomane was in the vicinity.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,587 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Clegg wrote: »
    Owens missed a good poach from Porter, I think. Other than that I have no real complaints. We've been pretty poor. Very disappointed in Luke McGrath's performance.

I think owens call there was fair
    I think it was fardy who loitered on the wrong side after a tackle which didn't allow any cleaner in on Porter.

I think owens call there was fair
    I think it was fardy who loitered on the wrong side after a tackle which didn't allow any cleaner in on Porter.
    Was it not Dunne?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Better from McGrath. Clearly irked by Owens' call on the blocked pass.

Should be a good final 30mins now.

Going to TMO....

kmart6 wrote: »
    Was it not Dunne?

Yeah coulda been I didnt take heed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

The missed tackles are awful

A brilliant try from Benetton. The manner in which they controlled the rucks and went through phases was like Leinster on form.

Not much luke McGrath can do against a lock barging over

Not much luke McGrath can do against a lock barging over
    Tomane's fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Poor tackles from the back rows.

Toland talks some amount of bollòx, 5 mins prior he was saying how Leinster can be confident of always scoring in their 22 and not conceding in their own due to their defensive strength.

5 mins later, treviso score handily and Toland points out what Leinster need to work on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ffs Lowe

Ah Lowe FFS, sloppy!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Right in front of Owens as well. Brain-dead.

Try aside, Lowe doesn't get into our first choice team right now. He hasn't had a huge amount of rugby this year so far but, in any of his appearances, he has looked a far cry from the guy who was playing in 2018.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ffs Tomane

Taking bets on the above

Treviso's defensive line has been impressive, every time Frawley has gotten the ball there's been someone right up in his face ever since he came on.

Well that could be a big reversal.

TMO called attention to that on the basis of reckless contact to the head i.e. red card territory.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well that could be a big reversal.
    That was all a bit unclear.

Tomane made that try if it stands with his run!

• Advertisement

Could have driven a bus through that gap. Was annoyed they pulled it from the maul but that's top notch hands from COB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

Get in great try.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Watching this in the pub. Did we just score a try out of what should have been a red card against us?

Watching this in the pub. Did we just score a try out of what should have been a red card against us?
    Letter of the law, yes.

Buer wrote: »
    Letter of the law, yes.

Treviso can be rightly annoyed.

Still struggling to understand Owens logic behind reversing that to be a penalty against Treviso, I'd imagine once they watch it back they'll feel hard done by.

Jack Dunne has had a really, really good showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

So you have reckless contact to the head my McFadden. Owens even says as much. At some point in the not too recent past that would have been red.

Still struggling to understand Owens logic behind reversing that to be a penalty against Treviso, I'd imagine once they watch it back they'll feel hard done by.
    Retaliation takes precedence.

The question is whether the incident was deserving of a card which, going on this season's directive, it was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Replacing your openside with a loose head for a 5m scrum when you're 7 points up with 5 minutes to go is utter lunacy. Penny looked grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement