Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Buer wrote: »
    Retaliation takes precedence.

The question is whether the incident was deserving of a card which, going on this season's directive, it was.

Was it called retaliation? I thought he called it just a penalty therefore shouldn't the first pen be given?

Edit: ref did talk about a reversal but overall he didn't explain the whole thing very well.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,587 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Great try!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ah lads.

It's all about the 1 on 1 tackling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

ESPN say the Leinster starting backrow have 72 tackles between them

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Deserved on the basis of that passage. HOS won't be happy. Shame after great defensive reads from Daly, Tomane and Frawley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Ah jaysus, pathetic tackling

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The block had an impact, Lowe was the player who made the tackle, so being taken out reduced his chance of making it.

Nothing in that

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Try should stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sensational stuff from Benetton at the end to gain a huge two points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

kmart6 wrote: »
    The block had an impact, Lowe was the player who made the tackle, so being taken out reduced his chance of making it.

Being taken out is what gave him the chance of the tackle at all. It checked him back there able to take a later line. Had he not been blocked, he would have gone forward and missed him completely.

Jack Dunne has 28 tackles
    Fardy 26
    Insane numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Right decision in the end. Well deserved try for Treviso, honestly feel like we're a bit lucky to come away with anything from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

Lowe was taken out and was the one that made the last ditch tackle but it didn’t have an impact? I don’t get that one?

That been said they deserved their draw.

A-Train wrote: »
    Lowe was taken out and was the one that made the last ditch tackle but it didn’t have an impact? I don’t get that one?

That been said they deserved their draw.

Lowe wasn't taken out.

Maybe he should have dived like Beirne last week 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Owens knew he ****ed up so leveled it at the end!

Deegan on tg4 swearing

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

lol Max Deegan live on TV: I thought the fookin, sorry I mean the lads

:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Ferris channeling his inner Reggie here.

Fair play Treviso, well played to pull it back. Thought some of our lads went very well tonight. Daly was picking some great lines in attack and Jack Dunne was getting around like the ever ready bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Deegan on tg4 swearing
    Narcissus wrote: »
    lol Max Deegan live on TV: I thought the fookin, sorry I mean the lads

:pac:

Don't think that's the first time he's done that.

• Advertisement

That's honestly quite a blow. For the defence to not hold up in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Right decision in the end. Well deserved try for Treviso, honestly feel like we're a bit lucky to come away with anything from that.

Half watching but that was my feeling as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

A very entertaining game which never flagged until the very end and a fair outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

Was a good game, was a shame couldn't hold on but I think justice was done after a dodgy call for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

I think that the ref was fairly generous to Treviso for the last try as Lowe was blocked but overall the final score reflected the match

Especially since Leinster didn’t need a result 😬

Glasgow next weekend and then Toulouse the weekend after.

So going into that game we've a loss, a draw and a potential loss, seeing as Glasgow have top spot in their group to play for. Hardly ideal prep. Would've meant a lot for Leisnter to win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Clegg wrote: »

So going into that game we've a loss, a draw and a potential loss, seeing as Glasgow have top spot in their group to play for. Hardly ideal prep. Would've meant a lot for Leisnter to win tonight.

Did we lose to ulster? ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The full team will play next week, not sure why you would say it is a loss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I think they are going into the Toulouse game with a just a win. What the 2nds/3rds do, isnt really indicative of the 1sts. Who is really likely to start against Toulouse ? McGrath and Fardy ? Possibly just McGrath.

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The full team will play next week, not sure why you would say it is a loss?

A potential loss. We might play a mix and match rather than a full strength side.

I'm not trying to be a doom merchant about the Toulouse game either. Just that it would be better to have some sort of momentum going into the semi final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement