Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Can't wait for this match. Just wish Frawley was included.
    Oh well!
    Why? Not guy who would go. Leinster looking at future academy players in a lot of cases and is there any others in squad who've played as much pro14 as him?
    D14Rugby wrote: »
    Marys are going for promotion, I'd say he'd rather stay for that than go to the US to walk all over some Americans and play players for Munster he can play in the AIL. A lot of players have stayed behind because of big AIL games coming up. There's a lot of players there that play the majority of their games for their clubs U20's team which says a lot about this tour.
    Wouldnt say they would walk over the americans??
    Yeah says its as much a very good opp for Leinster to look at some potential academy players on full time basis in tour setting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Wouldnt say they would walk over the americans??
    Yeah says its as much a very good opp for Leinster to look at some potential academy players on full time basis in tour setting....

If this game is within 20 I'll be surprised, this New England team are not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I haven't seen Roman Salanoa mentioned much recently.

When he was brought over here you'd swear by the reactions of some people that he was going to usurp every professional Irish prop currently playing rugby.... swiftly followed by a mass immigration of teenage athletes from other countries ruining the domestic game in Ireland.

He then proceeded to play for Belvo under 20s if I am not mistaken?

Anyone seen him play? How is he developing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Why are munster bringing over Duncan Williams and Dave O'callaghan... absolutely zero value in these players taking up spots of younger guys like Hodnett etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Why are munster bringing over Duncan Williams and Dave O'callaghan... absolutely zero value in these players taking up spots of younger guys like Hodnett etc

Might have thought it was a prudent decision to bring some senior players.

Hodnett might have been asked to play for UCC and Munster obliged.

In any case, this is the Leinster thread lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭wise7

errlloyd wrote: »
    He's racking up a fairly good record of not losing tight hard games. Exeter at home in 2017, Munster 2018, Ulster 2019. Sure, we should have won them all. But he's getting there in terms of being an outhalf who pulls it out.
    and you could include Montpellier RDS Oct 17 and away on Jan 18, Munster in Thomond Dec 17 and again in Aviva Oct 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Stainalert

I haven't seen Roman Salanoa mentioned much recently.

When he was brought over here you'd swear by the reactions of some people that he was going to usurp every professional Irish prop currently playing rugby.... swiftly followed by a mass immigration of teenage athletes from other countries ruining the domestic game in Ireland.

He then proceeded to play for Belvo under 20s if I am not mistaken?

Anyone seen him play? How is he developing?

He has played a fair bit with Old Belvedere 1sts this season. Seems to be doing reasonably well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I had this thought too. It fed into the Leinster thread because there is the increasing drain of players southward. To me, Munster, Leinster and all provinces need to be using these in the same way we are, to give the Academy players their chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

I had this thought too. It fed into the Leinster thread because there is the increasing drain of players southward. To me, Munster, Leinster and all provinces need to be using these in the same way we are, to give the Academy players their chance.

Munster rested all of their guys who played 5 games in the six nations (e.g Hodnett Wycherley Flannery Wren) much like Leinster did with the likes of Turner, Clarkson ect.

Agreed - a lot of journeymen in the other squads

• Advertisement

jmn51927 wrote: »
    Munster rested all of their guys who played 5 games in the six nations (e.g Hodnett Wycherley Flannery Wren) much like Leinster did with the likes of Turner, Clarkson ect.

But leinster replaced them with even younger greener players not with Duncan Williams calibre players - way more potential gain from Leinster approach and one of the reasons we produce the amount of players we do

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

But leinster replaced them with even younger greener players not with Duncan Williams calibre players - way more potential gain from Leinster approach and one of the reasons we produce the amount of players we do

yeah true, and there is lads in there like Paddy Kelly and Conor Phillips who arent in the academy who are being given a chance to show what they’re about. Perhaps the backroom team felt A) some guys needed to be given more game time, like Wotton started a champions cup semi final and has played in 2 games this year, so maybe those types did need game time. Or B) They felt the more seasoned campaigners like Williams and O’Callaghan could show the ropes for some of these guys.
    Also worth nothing that some players such as Cian Prendergas of UCD turned down the trip in order to focus on his AIL stuff, so perhaps what we see is not what we know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

A decade since bloodgate on Friday. Some fans consider that game the start of Leinster's success?

Tom Williams has done an interview for Will Greenwood's Sky Podcast. Interesting to hear that side of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

A decade since bloodgate on Friday. Some fans consider that game the start of Leinster's success?

Tom Williams has done an interview for Will Greenwood's Sky Podcast. Interesting to hear that side of it.

Hard to argue otherwise. Was exactly the kind of game Leinster used to lose.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Zach Holmes red card over turned.

So he's free to play leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Zach Holmes red card over turned.

So he's free to play leinster

Not overturned. He got a one week ban. But it's already been served.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Not overturned. He got a one week ban. But it's already been served.

Ah OK thanks. I should have read beyond the headline... But I was in a rush :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 21,677 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Not a bad signing for Connacht, he had an awful run of injuries with Leinster, hopefully he can stay fit and get some consistent game time.

53 - 49 win for Leinster A. 2 late Munster trys to make the score tight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

in US I guess?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    in US I guess?

Yep, Cara Cup.

Good name for a load of matches

Good win considering the number of senior players in the Munster squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Any highlights etc? can you watch these games on Eir sports or any of them picking it up?

Any highlights etc? can you watch these games on Eir sports or any of them picking it up?

Should be on YouTube at some stage. They're all being streamed, but no live TV broadcast I believe.

Good win considering the number of senior players in the Munster squad.

To be fair, i dont think many of the more senior munster players featured last night. If anything, our team probably had more experience.

were hammering them at half time and then went to sleep for 40 mins in the second which made it close

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Are Cara Cup fixtures listed anywhere? Very little information on the interwebs.

Some of the tries are up on twitter. Not great camera work, iphone from the side of the pitch kind of vibe.

• Advertisement

Team sheets from last night:

LEINSTER ‘A’: Jack Kelly; Aaron O’Sullivan, Jimmy O’Brien, Gavin Mullin, Rob Russell (Dublin University); Conor Kelly (Clontarf), Paddy Patterson; Vakh Abdaladze, Ronan Kelleher, Jack Aungier, Gerard Hill (Old Belvedere), Ryan Baird, Dan Sheehan (Dublin University), Mark Fleming (UCD), Ruadhan Byron (Clontarf).

Replacements: Giuseppe Coyne (Dublin University), Roman Salanoa (Old Belvedere), Shane Murphy (UCD), James Tarrant (UCD), Brian O’Donnell (Lansdowne), Max O’Reilly (Dublin University).

MUNSTER ‘A’: Luke Kingston (Highfield); Conor Phillips (Young Munster), Alan Tynan, Sean French, James McCarthy; Ben Healy, Jack Stafford (capt); Luke Masters (Shannon), Eoghan Clarke, Keynan Knox, Cian Reale (Old Crescent), Paddy Kelly (Young Munster), Sean O’Connor, Ross O’Neill (Cork Constitution), Jack Daly.

Replacements: Billy Scannell (Young Munster), Shane O’Driscoll (Midleton), David Jennings (Dolphin), Duncan Williams, James Hart.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement