Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Similarly, but on the opposite end of the spectrum Munster are so ultra constrained by their adherence to defensive shape that their counter attacking game is less existent than Ireland's. .

It's probably the most comprehensively I've seen that first team Munster squad capitulate since they lost at home to Leinster in Thomond two seasons ago.

I think the build up to Lowe's try was the perfect example of the real difference between Leinster and Munster. The speed and quality of ruck ball for Leinster was far superior and even when Furlong was stopped in his tracks, the ball came back quick enough to regain the momentum. Then the inter changing backs and forwards handling just opened up the space to put Lowe away. Munster are too reliant on (Stander in particular) being able to run over people and when that doesnt work they are in trouble. POM and JOD don't bring a carrying threat, neither do the starting 2nd rows, and only Kilcoyne in the front row brought that.

Leinsters entire pack offer far more individually than their Munster counterparts. The Leinster players bring the passion and work rate etc that POM talked about after his Reggie interview. But they bring a lot more too.

Coaching is an issue, I don't believe they are getting the best out of the players they have

. I'm glad it's Lancaster making the decision and not me.

Thats weird. Cos James Lowe spoke after the game about how he had a coffee with Leo last week and Leo went on to explain why he wouldnt be playing but then JGP picked up an injury and Lowe spoke about how he was going to be shouting Dave a beer after the game

If Lancaster is picking the team why is Leo meeting players?

You need to grow up a little cos this stuff is very childish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Thats weird. Cos James Lowe spoke after the game about how he had a coffee with Leo last week and Leo went on to explain why he wouldnt be playing but then JGP picked up an injury and Lowe spoke about how he was going to be shouting Dave a beer after the game

Obviously Leo would be the one talking to the players. He's the PR and communications guy.

Lancaster makes all of the decisions and broods in his office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

O'Sullivan needs game time. He should start against Ulster. Chances are Ulster will be half loaded anyway, with nothing riding on the game and a quarter the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Think James Lowe proved today how valuable he is.

Lot of people here calling for Byrne or Kearney over him for today's game but he was brilliant today and worked very hard. Delighted for him.

I didn’t see anyone calling for that, saw plenty of people calling for JGP over HOS and Fardy over Doris though. Maybe that’s where you’re getting confused.

• Advertisement

O'Sullivan needs game time. He should start against Ulster. Chances are Ulster will be half loaded anyway, with nothing riding on the game and a quarter the following week

Probably won't risk Tracy next week as Cronin picked up an injury yesterday

Where is Molony?

Ruddock will play, possibly at lock with Dev

Luke won't travel either

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Probably won't risk Tracy next week as Cronin picked up an injury yesterday

Where is Molony?

Ruddock will play, possibly at lock with Dev

Luke won't travel either

Molony's injured, struggling with a back problem

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

stephen_n wrote: »
    I didn’t see anyone calling for that, saw plenty of people calling for JGP over HOS and Fardy over Doris though. Maybe that’s where you’re getting confused.

Not confused at all. By very straightforward logic, if people are calling for JGP and Fardy to play, they're calling for Lowe to be dropped given the Kolpak issue.

It's two sides of the same coin.

Also, Lowe was 'too unreliable', 'off form' and his xfactor made him a 'liability' that wasn't acceptable at this stage of the competition according to some corners. You don't have to look far back to see that.

Not confused at all. By very straightforward logic, if people are calling for JGP and Fardy to play, they're calling for Lowe to be dropped given the Kolpak issue.

It's two sides of the same coin.

Also, Lowe was 'too unreliable', 'off form' and his xfactor made him a 'liability' that wasn't acceptable at this stage of the competition according to some corners. You don't have to look far back to see that.

He was off form, as were SOB and Sexton. Form can be turned around in 80 minutes, but his form since January wasn’t demanding inclusion. From the first time Luke McGrath went down injured, till about the 70th minute I was praying to every god there is that he stayed on. If he had gone off I don’t think we’d have won. James Lowe scored a try that I don’t think any other winger in the club would have, which is great but he is not as important to how we play as Fardy and JGP are. Let’s be straight though, people were not calling for Byrne or Kearney to start ahead of him, that’s disingenuous. They were calling for Fardy and JGP to start, the other was just an unfortunate consequence of that action.

Let’s be straight though, people were not calling for Byrne or Kearney to start ahead of him, that’s disingenuous. They were calling for Fardy and JGP to start, the other was just an unfortunate consequence of that action.

That's not disingenuous at all. Your logic is utter nonsense. People were calling for Adam Byrne and/or Kearney to play so that Fardy and JGP could play - in other words calling for Lowe not to play.

It's the exact same thing but spun from different angles.

He was being dismissed due to his unpredictability which was apparently too risky at this stage, his form that was poor, and his x-factor apparently being a problem

If you're bothered continuing this nonsensical argument, check back over the posts around the time I said that Lowe had to play and you'll see it for yourself. Proof is in the posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I think people should maybe consider that there’s a strong chance they’re speaking to actual children. It’s the internet after all

Noel Reid to Tigers confirmed.

troyzer wrote: »

Hard to argue with the move. He deserves to start and has been a great servant.

Maybe it was held out til now until Leicester more or less secured their position in the top flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

troyzer wrote: »

Ah. Was sort of hoping with the role he'd played over the last few months that things had taken a turn and maybe he'd gone back into negotiations.

That's not disingenuous at all. Your logic is utter nonsense. People were calling for Adam Byrne and/or Kearney to play so that Fardy and JGP could play - in other words calling for Lowe not to play.

It's the exact same thing but spun from different angles.

He was being dismissed due to his unpredictability which was apparently too risky at this stage, his form that was poor, and his x-factor apparently being a problem

If you're bothered continuing this nonsensical argument, check back over the posts around the time I said that Lowe had to play and you'll see it for yourself. Proof is in the posts.

If you can’t tell the difference between people calling for Byrne or Kearney to play ahead of Lowe and people saying Fardy and JGP need to play more than Lowe, then any conversation is pointless. They are not the same thing, not even remotely close to being the same thing. The only one trying to spin anything is you, with that BS.

If you can’t tell the difference between people calling for Byrne or Kearney to play ahead of Lowe and people saying Fardy and JGP need to play more than Lowe, then any conversation is pointless. They are not the same thing, not even remotely close to being the same thing. The only one trying to spin anything is you, with that BS.

You're embarrassing yourself with this politician-esque rhetoric.

The one thing we can agree on is that conversation is pointless.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Best way at this stage to get tickets lads? Need 7
    errlloyd wrote: »
    Round up as many season ticket holders as you can. Ask for their entrance to the lottery.

I have two tickets from general sale so am happy to throw you my season ticket lottery spots as I have two tickets so I think four entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Sad to see SOB after the game yesterday, choking back the tears in his interview. Delighted he looked more like his old self with some strong carries. I'd love to see him have a barnstorming final and fairytale ending to his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Where would the nearest airport to Newcastle, direct from Dublin?

degsie wrote: »

Leeds Bradford Airport or Edinburgh Airport.

Blackpool slightly further but not sure about direct flights.

• Advertisement

Leeds Bradford Airport or Edinburgh Airport.

Blackpool slightly further but not sure about direct flights.

Sheffield is the way we're going. Two hours in the rental car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

degsie wrote: »

Teesside maybe ? I know Ryanair were doing 1 flight a day in and out of it a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Leeds Bradford is a bit like Dublin in that it's miles out with no rail link if anyone is flying in to it. It's an hour long bus journey into Leeds or Bradford city centres or a £20-30 taxi (that's expensive for England). Once into Leeds or Bradford (go to Leeds) there a pretty regular trains to Newcastle, often quite busy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That train from leeds is expensive too, £62 return

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Into Edinburgh, out very late on Sunday night. Booked a bed in a hostel last August. Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Hadn't realised that Big Dev equalled Jamie Heaslip's record of 229 Leinster caps yesterday - the most for any Leinster forward. Well done Devin!

Only Gordon Darcy with 260 caps has won more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Noel Reid on his way across the pond.
    I wish him the best of luck.
    He's a good player and an excellent addition for the Tigers.
    Just looked at the lads leaving and the retirees etc from last season and this season.
    We're losing and have lost some brilliant talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I'll be sad to see Noel Reid go. Very talented, never quite put it all together but still a great man to have around.

Hopefully Leicester get their act together before he arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Pity about Reid. this has probably been his best season, he has impressed in every game I've seen him play. best of luck to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Buer wrote: »
    Sad to see SOB after the game yesterday, choking back the tears in his interview. Delighted he looked more like his old self with some strong carries. I'd love to see him have a barnstorming final and fairytale ending to his career.

I think he has played at least a game in every single european campaign since Cheika despite the various injuries. You would wonder if he continues to play himself back into form, was it remiss not to extend the central contract for a year, given the complete loss of Leavy for a year and the injury to VDF, obviously that is in hindsight. I'm starting to think every squad needs at least 4 players who can cover 7. He must believe he can play for up to three years if he has signed a three year contract with LI though, maybe they have agreed to a lighter training/playing load. I would not bet against him playing in the Champions cup again(just because it's him) but not this far into the competition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement