Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I feel like Reid got the Keatley treatment from some Leinster fans in the sense that it was a done thing just to have a go at him.

He's certainly shown on more than one occasion that it was completely unwarrented, especially this season. He's been excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think he has played at least a game in every single european campaign since Cheika despite the various injuries. You would wonder if he continues to play himself back into form, was it remiss not to extend the central contract for a year, given the complete loss of Leavy for a year and the injury to VDF, obviously that is in hindsight. I'm starting to think every squad needs at least 4 players who can cover 7. He must believe he can play for up to three years if he has signed a three year contract with LI though, maybe they have agreed to a lighter training/playing load. I would not bet against him playing in the Champions cup again(just because it's him) but not this far into the competition.

Unfortunately I cant see London Irish getting into the Champions Cup before he retires tbh so will likely be his last appearance at that level.

For anyone who missed the interview

https://twitter.com/C4Sport/status/1120000975232569344?s=19

Quite clear how much it means to him being a Leinster player and playing in Ireland. Here's hoping for a barnstorming final two or three games in blue and of course a successful few years for him after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Unfortunately I cant see London Irish getting into the Champions Cup before he retires tbh so will likely be his last appearance at that level.

For anyone who missed the interview

https://twitter.com/C4Sport/status/1120000975232569344?s=19

Quite clear how much it means to him being a Leinster player and playing in Ireland. Here's hoping for a barnstorming final two or three games in blue and of course a successful few years for him after.

Hoping for this:

https://youtu.be/1YWXFiQWWfk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Faugheen wrote: »
    I feel like Reid got the Keatley treatment from some Leinster fans in the sense that it was a done thing just to have a go at him.

He's certainly shown on more than one occasion that it was completely unwarrented, especially this season. He's been excellent.

I always thought the biggest missed opportunity during Teo's time here was they kept putting him 12 and Rr 13. It probably helped RR develop, but I still think it should have been Reid 12 and Teo 13 (with Rr on a wing).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Thought that was a pretty excellent performance from Leinster. When the pack get going they really are brilliant. Great to see SOB playing like that again. Lowe is so much better than all our other wingers he might as well be playing a different sport but I'd say he's more likely than not to sit out the final which is a killer. Think I'd just take the risk and start him, he's basically worth 7+ points a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

A few years back he was being touted as the next big breakthrough player then he had an awful injurty in the first home game of the season v Glasgow. It took him a long while to find his way back to play and then to form.

He is a really super player who i think can go up another gear. He will never be Ringrose or Henshaw, but he is a damn fine back who has given a lot to the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I never heard anyone having a go at Reid?

He was always a decent player but someone that was never going to push and make himself a regular in the starting 15, a good Pro 14 player and everyone seemed to like him....

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I never heard anyone having a go at Reid?

He was always a decent player but someone that was never going to push and make himself a regular in the starting 15, a good Pro 14 player and everyone seemed to like him....

There's been a lot of talk about his defence over the years, which has left a lot to be desired at times to be fair, although has improved in recent seasons. It's clear he's been an important squad player over the seasons. Time for COB or whoever else to step up.

If we're comparing him to Keatley it's not as if he's been booed by his own supporters or anything that I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He had a couple of shockers at 10. But that was a long time ago now. One of the standouts being back when Axel Foley was coaching Munster A, to show how long ago that was. The reputation seemed to stick with him despite the fact he was always much better at 12 and mostly played 12 at senior level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jonny tight lips

The Keatley treatment? I never seen him booed off the pitch by his own fans, come on man don’t go accusing Leinster fans of sinking that low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

The Keatley treatment? I don't recall any Leinster player ever being booed by their own fans.
    Unless you mean something else?

There's been a lot of talk about his defence over the years, which has left a lot to be desired at times to be fair, although has improved in recent seasons. It's clear he's been an important squad player over the seasons. Time for COB or whoever else to step up.

If we're comparing him to Keatley it's not as if he's been booed by his own supporters or anything that I'm aware.

A small difference between a players positives/negatives and getting booed from the pitch.....

He was a great servant and hopefully this move gives him the first team rugby he wants....everyone I know wish’s him all the best

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Saracens releasing any unsold finalist allocation of tickets 5pm Wednesday as they need to return any unsold to the EPCR at 5pm Friday, presumably LR have to return any unsold at that time too.

Each finalist gets 4500 tickets, based on Saturday hard to see Saracens needing anywhere near that.

Re flights, Ryanair added same day flights at 222 euro yesterday, they're up to about 400 now. AL releasing same day options Tuesday.

If you are flush, the charters are €495 for a same day trip incl transfers!

Sarries wont be returning any of 4500 thousand.
    Their fan base is small but its not non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I was thinking the same. I doubt very much they'll return any. As you say the fan base is small but it's not that small.

Just called the box office in St James Park and got a ticket no problem. The number is 0044 344 372 1892 for anyone wanting to try it.

Sarries all over twitter saying they have great turn out for tickets....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Irish Times this morning state that 41,000 tickets have been sold not including the 9,000 to go to the two clubs. Would leave just over 2,000 left? Plus watever appears on the second hand market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

My tickets just arrived in the post

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Leinster were very impressive on Sunday. Mind you so were Saracens on Saturday.

The final could be a humdinger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Burkie1203 wrote: »

It probably would have been a good chance for Kelleher anyway.

Here's the update.

Adam Byrne out for the season as well, when did that happen? One more reason to play Lowe in Newcastle.

Ruddock is going through return-to-play? I thought he had the ****s or something. Sure he hasn't played in three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭accensi0n

troyzer wrote: »
    It probably would have been a good chance for Kelleher anyway.

Here's the update.

Adam Byrne out for the season as well, when did that happen? One more reason to play Lowe in Newcastle.

Ruddock is going through return-to-play? I thought he had the ****s or something. Sure he hasn't played in three weeks.

Return to spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Awful news on Adam Byrne. He's done so well to force his way back into the Leinster squad this season. Back in January nobody would've seen him starting and scoring in a European QF.

Clegg wrote: »
    Awful news on Adam Byrne. He's done so well to force his way back into the Leinster squad this season. Back in January nobody would've seen him starting and scoring in a European QF.

Back in January he played 80 mins against Wasps and Toulouse in the final two pool games. Nobody could have seen him starting the next game as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Back in January he played 80 mins against Wasps and Toulouse in the final two pool games. Nobody could have seen him starting the next game as well?

Fair enough. Then go back a few months prior. He was playing for the A team and not making match day squads for the senior side. He was clearly a player that wasn't in favour with the coaches. Has worked hard and played extremely well to get back into the 23.

Clegg might have the time period wrong but there was an extended period this season where Byrne was MIA and playing any more European rugby this year didn't look likely at all.

Burkie1203 wrote: »

This weekend's game could be Connacht esque from last year.

Once again, a week after the final, there's a Pro14 semi final probably against Munster in the RDS. Will anyone be left for that! :)

Pro14 semi final being listed as Friday night by Ultimate Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Anyone have any clue who will play lock this weekend? Did I hear Dunne won't be available as he's sitting exams? Toner, Ryan and Fardy will obviously be rested, and with Molony and Kearney injured we're a little stuck there now. Not that it matters I suppose, but could we be looking at Rhys and Josh Murphy?

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    Anyone have any clue who will play lock this weekend? Did I hear Dunne won't be available as he's sitting exams? Toner, Ryan and Fardy will obviously be rested, and with Molony and Kearney injured we're a little stuck there now. Not that it matters I suppose.

Likely down to Academy players like Baird or Dowling if they're around. If anything - getting tonked is irrelevant as we saw last year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement