Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Australia letting Scott Fardy go is hilarious. Imagine we released them back Kane Douglas and they mysteriously released us Scott Fardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Dont know if this has been covered really enough but in every one of our Heineken Cup winning teams we have had a superior Southern Hemisphere forward. Elsom 09, Hines 2011, Thorn 2012, and then Fardy last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

errlloyd wrote: »
    Australia letting Scott Fardy go is hilarious. Imagine we released them back Kane Douglas and they mysteriously released us Scott Fardy.

Wasn't Triggs in between. Really wanted him to stay another year but Fardy is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Taking account of the injury update, think I'd go for something like the following up in Ravenhill:

1. Peter Dooley
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Andrew Porter/Michael Bent
    4. Oisín Dowling
    5. Devin Toner
    6. Josh Murphy
    7. Will Connors
    8. Max Deegan
    9. Patrick Patterson
    10. Ciarán Frawley
    11. Rory O'Loughlin
    12. Conor O'Brien
    13. Jimmy O'Brien
    14. Barry Daly
    15. Hugo Keenan

16. Bryan Byrne
    17. Edward Byrne
    18. Vakhtang Abdaladze
    19. Ryan Baird
    20. Caelan Doris
    21. Hugh O'Sullivan
    22. Harry Byrne
    23. David Kearney

What's the most players ever used in a season by Leinster? They must be getting close to it now, and Baird's likely to get a shot this weekend with all the absentees.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I would be beyond surprised if Hugh O'Sullivan doesn't start. He badly needs gametime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Taking account of the injury update, think I'd go for something like the following up in Ravenhill:

1. Peter Dooley
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Andrew Porter/Michael Bent
    4. Oisín Dowling
    5. Devin Toner
    6. Josh Murphy
    7. Will Connors
    8. Max Deegan
    9. Patrick Patterson
    10. Ciarán Frawley
    11. Rory O'Loughlin
    12. Conor O'Brien
    13. Jimmy O'Brien
    14. Barry Daly
    15. Hugo Keenan

16. Bryan Byrne
    17. Edward Byrne
    18. Vakhtang Abdaladze
    19. Ryan Baird
    20. Caelan Doris
    21. Hugh O'Sullivan
    22. Harry Byrne
    23. David Kearney

What's the most players ever used in a season by Leinster? They must be getting close to it now, and Baird's likely to get a shot this weekend with all the absentees.

Tomane will play (unless he has injury)
    I expect Ross will start
    Jack Mc will feature
    O'Sullivan will start as prep for HC final
    Dave K will start too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ruddock now a doubt for the final with concussion symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »
    Ruddock now a doubt for the final with concussion symptoms.

Ah crap. That doesn't sound good at all. Sarries have to be favourites for this surely. Do they have any real injury concerns? Barrett maybe? We're likely to be missing at least 3 back rows that would be involved. Going up against their back row that's a problem.

As for this weekend, could we be looking at something like:

McGrath Byrne Abdaladze
    Dowling Murphy
    Deegan Doris Penny

HOS Frawley
    Tomane COB
    Daly Dave Ferg

Kelleher, Dooley, Bent, Baird, Connors, Paterson, Reid, JOB

I'd imagine as many of the 23 likely to start the final as possible will be rested. We could see Dooley ahead of McGrath and Connors ahead of Penny, and ROL may feature, but I cant see too many changes beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I think there will be an element of preparation for the final involved. If available, I see Porter featuring in some capacity. They won't want him to go to the final with no rugby in over a month.

I think ROL will play too and possibly Reid. Anyone fringe player who could potentially be in that final 23 should really feaure given the length of time to the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

molloyjh wrote: »
    Ah crap. That doesn't sound good at all. Sarries have to be favourites for this surely. Do they have any real injury concerns? Barrett maybe? We're likely to be missing at least 3 back rows that would be involved. Going up against their back row that's a problem.

Sarries have a big squad but they have a couple of significant matches between now and the final. They have Wasps away this weekend. Lose that and they have to get a result against Exedur in the game before us or drop to third and face an away semi.

They may well lose a few starters before the final.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Synode wrote: »
    Wasn't Triggs in between. Really wanted him to stay another year but Fardy is a beast.

Triggs was here for 2 seasons. Kane was what, 1.5 seasons? He was good, but I don't think we lost out, when he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Triggs got better and better as time went on, was sad to see him leave. Kane Douglas was ****ing crap though

Sarries have a big squad but they have a couple of significant matches between now and the final. They have Wasps away this weekend. Lose that and they have to get a result against Exedur in the game before us or drop to third and face an away semi.

They may well lose a few starters before the final.

Sarries realistically need 2 wins to secure second. They play Worcester away the week after the final so that should be 1 in the bag. So a win over Wasps should do the job. Dont forget though that Exeter are guaranteed a top 2 finish at this stage and in all likelihood have top spot. I cant see them going all out against Sarries.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Cronin out for the rest of the season with a calf injury apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Cronin out for the rest of the season with a calf injury apparently.

That’s a massive blow if true

Cronin gone, Ruddock possibly gone, VDF gone, Leavy gone and the 2 into 3 issue means we'll be missing at least 4 or 5 of our best 23. That's bad news. Our starting XV will still be strong, but our bench will be fairly light.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What time do we think the tickets email will be sent out. Can see the tickets going quick

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Synode wrote: »
    What time do we think the tickets email will be sent out. Can see the tickets going quick
    Refreshing my email way too much today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Cronin gone, Ruddock possibly gone, VDF gone, Leavy gone and the 2 into 3 issue means we'll be missing at least 4 or 5 of our best 23. That's bad news. Our starting XV will still be strong, but our bench will be fairly light.

3 weeks is a decent amount of time tho, I'd still be hopeful Ruddock makes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Email arrived.

On sale from 2pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭skeogh82

Are these tickets for season ticket holders?

Email arrived.

On sale from 2pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Porter and Gibson-Park will be assessed later in the week for possible inclusion at the weekend.

skeogh82 wrote: »
    Are these tickets for season ticket holders?

Yes, out of the Leinster allocation from ECPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That’s unfortunate for Cronin and possibly the final nail in his coffin as regards World Cup selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

Got the email for season ticket holders today at 2pm till Friday at 5pm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Saracens putting any of their unsold on public sale at 5pm tonight according to their Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

Saracens putting any of their unsold on public sale at 5pm tonight according to their Facebook.

They only put 16k in the weekend, they won't sell out.

• Advertisement

Leinster allocation will be queued access with random allocation of places of who's on the site at 2pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement