Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Each to their own but I'd pay the extra €50 to avoid that horrendous itinerary (leaving in the early hours of Saturday morning and returning Sunday morning).

As far as I could figure that’s the 2.15am sailing from Dublin and you arrive back to Dublin about 5am Sunday morning. If we win that would be a tough journey, if we lose it would be torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Each to their own but I'd pay the extra €50 to avoid that horrendous itinerary (leaving in the early hours of Saturday morning and returning Sunday morning).

True that. I'm there from the Friday til the Sunday night, staying in the city centre but it might be useful to someone still searching for options!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Potentially the last appearance in blue for Jack McGrath today. It would be a real pity if this it how it ends for such an important Leinster player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Potentially the last appearance in blue for Jack McGrath today. It would be a real pity if this it how it ends for such an important Leinster player.

I’m sure he will play the semi of Pro14, it’s 7 days or something after the Heineken cup final

• Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Don't get too upset Former Former, he's going to a better place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

awec wrote: »

Ulster is just organised chaos. But I'm happy for jack as seen an interview with ROG discussing how jack's the only winner here and he's right at his age sitting on a bench more often then not isn't good for a man like Jack. He will walk into that side and make his mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Jaysus, I know Ulster's bad, but we're not putting him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

molloyjh wrote: »

I don't know, everyone wears white and live off their past accomplishments :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Ulster, where international careers go to die?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

dub_skav wrote: »
    I don't know, everyone wears white and live off their past accomplishments :pac:

Which is usually quite a small list, unless it's while in green.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

dub_skav wrote: »

Except Cooney! nobody could have seen him been such a success before he moved up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

How many Leinster system players become pros a year dya reckon. I feel like I could probably find close to 100 players who played age grade rugby in a Leinster school or club who are now pros?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,644 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

errlloyd wrote: »
    How many Leinster system players become pros a year dya reckon. I feel like I could probably find close to 100 players who played age grade rugby in a Leinster school or club who are now pros?

If you're talking senior/development contracts than each year it's probably a small enough number. Even with Leinster there's only what around 4/5 players who graduate from the academy every year, and then you might have one or two who go elsewhere, and then maybe one or two who were in other academies. They tend to be spread out, even if you look at say SCT winning teams there'll be a few lads who were 4th/5th years etc and then with sub academy you've lads who are effectively in the academy setup for an extra year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

stephen_n wrote: »
    As far as I could figure that’s the 2.15am sailing from Dublin and you arrive back to Dublin about 5am Sunday morning. If we win that would be a tough journey, if we lose it would be torture.

sailrail from Dublin port with the onward rail ticket to Newcastle is about 50E one way for both boat and train. much more comfort than a bus but with a few changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Probably would but plenty who do go pro only went to a leinster school for 1 maybe 2 years or are from other provinces and went to the boarding schools which there are very few rugby playing boarding schools left outside Leinster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Probably would but plenty who do go pro only went to a leinster school for 1 maybe 2 years or are from other provinces and went to the boarding schools which there are very few rugby playing boarding schools left outside Leinster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

molloyjh wrote: »

There’s still life in the old dog yet is what you’re saying?

(still as in “ongoing” not as in “not moving” ie dead :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's a try if O'Brien holds onto it.

Looks extremely greasy out there, a lot of handling mistakes already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The bloody comms talking over the official again. Jackman even started talking louder.

• Advertisement

Ferg is in trouble.

Red card for a headbutt I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Red for McFadden surely?

That's terrible officiating imo.

At least a yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Defo should have been a red. It'll be a ban.

For a player as experienced as McFadden, that's an absolute shocker for what could be his last game for Leinster if he retires at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lucky lucky lucky.

And yet he didn't know to shut up and take the penalty against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Clancy!!!

I can't wait for Awec's reaction.

That's extraordinary

You can see Ferg making contact with at least the chest. Lack of a better angle shouldn't matter in that instance.

Laughable decision from Clancy.

• Administrators Posts: 53,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If he is not cited and banned for that then all credibility is gone.

As for Clancy, I’m not even surprised. Absolutely useless. Blatant red card, blatant headbutt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Defo should have been a red. It'll be a ban.

What if there isn't any other footage available? He may escape.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement